Why You Don't Believe in Santa Clause

Be Careful What You Wish For

Hello everyone! As the author I feel obliged to tell why you didn't believe in Santa Clause. Well, I really wanted to let you tell the story but no matter how hard I pleaded, you still didn't agree. I hope it's okay if it's me who's going to tell:)

I think this chapter is DRAMA!

Okay here we go..... You, Kim Sun Hee, have felt very much contented with your simple life as an 8 years old.

Despite your parents being average earners, you were always happy because they were always there for you. All of you would go on picnics every weekends. You would go play in the playground while your parents happily watched you. Everything was perfect.

 

Until one day your father came home late. It was not only that day but also the days after that. Your parents started fighting. Then your mother would be crying. That went on and on.

Your days weren't that great anymore. Instead of all of you going to picnics, it was only you and your mom. Then suddenly, you weren't able to go there anymore. Happy moments were exchanged with constant fights.

...

It was almost Christmas so you decided to send Santa Clause a request. 

" Dear Santa, 

       I don't really like anything for Christmas right now. The only thing that I wish is that my parents' quarrels and fights would stop so that maybe we could continue going on picnics every weekend. I know that you will grant my wish Santa. I trust you.

From,

Kim Sun Hee"

You felt a lot better now. For as a kid, you have always believed in Santa. Anything you wished for, he would give. So, you were 100% sure that he would grant your request.

But he didn't. Your parents' fight continued until Christmas and it came all the way to New Year. No Christmas tree was displayed in your house that year.

It was only you and your mom who was eating your delicious banquet for Christmas. 

Then the fights got worse to the point that your father didn't return home for weeks. The day he returned, he brought with him divorce papers for your mother.

Your mother didn't seem to want divorce but it was hopeless to refuse since your father was positively sure that he's leaving your mother. So your mom signed the papers and after many court trials, they all decided to have your mother take you as custody.

Your family was broken and it's all because Santa Clause didn't grant the most important wish you have ever asked of him. You believed that he turned his back on you when you needed him most. Same goes with your father.

Deep inside your heart was anger and betrayal from both Santa and your father. You've hated them all your years....

Even now.