Chapter Two

Resistance is futile

'State your names and the reason for entering.' A voice from behind the big wooden doors yelled at the travelers.

'We are from the East, we sent a letter with our names and our purpose.' Kangin yelled back.

After another three long boring minutes the doors finally opened. A military man stepped up to them, he bowed slightly. 'I'm general Shindong, I'll you to my king.'

'Thanks, good man.' Kyu mumbled.

Donghae slowly slid off his horse, trying not to walk like a robot. He ignored the chuckling behind his very sore back.

 

'What is taking them so long.' Hyuk whined as he was drumming his fingers onto the throne's armrest.

Siwon was pacing up and down near the door and Sungmin was drawing onto the window after blowing some air onto it.

'Shindong probably is messing up again.' Sungmin shrugged as he drew an ogre and named it after the general.

Hyuk looked at his friend and smirked. 'You should really find someone else to pester or you might end up dead.'

Sungmin huffed.

Three knocks alerted the arrival of the guests.

'Enter.' Siwon's voice boomed.

The doors screeched open and four men were lead in by Shindong. 'They have arrived, my lord.' Shindong announced.

'No , Sherlock.' Sungmin mumbled as his eyes scanned the new faces. He suddenly paled. 'No way!' He uttered.

'What?' Shindong panicked and grabbed his sword.

'I can't tell who is more handsome!' Sungmin sighed as his eyes kept going over the faces.

Siwon had to hold a furious general back.

The conversation flew over Hyuk's head as his almond eyes bored themselves into chocolate ones.

Hae blinked and felt himself heat up, he never liked people just staring at him. It made him all teary. He took a few more steps and bowed. 'King Lee, I'm prince Donghae of the East, I place my life in your merciful hands.' He said.

'Wow, love that accent.' Sungmin said.

'Unfortunately, that is not the accent of the East, Donghae always has talked weird.' Kyu informed as he bowed.

'And who are you?' Siwon asked. 'You don't look like a soldier.'

'I'm Kyuhyun. And indeed I'm no soldier. I share blood with this dufus.' He smacked the back of Hae's head.

That grabbed Hyuk's attention away from the chocolate eyes.  'I thought he was the last of his lineage.'

'Well, what the jerk means is that he's my cousin. Our mums were sisters.' Hae said while rubbing his head. 'This boy is Ryeowook, he can't talk but god can he cook and that man over there is Kangin, my personal guard.'

Hyuk's eyes were back on the prince. He swiftly jumped from the throne and approached him. Almost everyone in the room was tensing up.as he was circling the boy.

'You are making me dizzy.' Hae whispered.

'I'm just trying to assess why you are here in the castle of your lethal enemy.'

'Father send me as a peace treaty.' Hae mumbled. This was making him shy.

'What's wrong with you?' Hyuk asked as he lifted the boy's chin.

Hae frowned. 'Wrong?'

'Yeah, why is he tossing away his last son?'

Hurt appeared in those chocolate orbs and they threatened to drown the king. Hyuk swallowed, unaware that his thumb was rubbing the soft cheek.

'I'm no fighter.' Hae said as he looked away.

'How old are you?' Hyuk whispered as he stared at the innocent face of the prince.

'I'm eighteen.' Hae answered. 'You?' He suddenly looked up.

'Twenty one next month.' Hyuk said.

'Oh, should I call you hyung?' Hae tilted his head.

Hyuk smiled and his thumb that soft cheekbone once more while he nodded.

Sungmin cleared his throat and that got Hyuk out of his trance. He quickly pulled his hand away and turned around, gathering his scattered mind.

'I will show you your quarters.' Siwon said.

Kyuhyun was staring at Sungmin. 'Don't we get your names?' He asked bluntly.

'First advisor Choi Siwon, General Shindong and by the window is my friend, Lee Sungmin.' Hyuk said without turning around.

Kyu's intense black eyes left Sungmin's as he turned around and followed the first advisor to his hopefully comfy bed.

'We'll see each other at dinner.' Hyuk said. 'We have lots to talk about.'

Hae bowed and left as well.

'Well, someone's smitten.' Sungmin mocked.

'What?' Hyuk had been staring at the closed door for another ten seconds. He let the words sink in. 'No idea what you are talking about.'

'Sure, my monkey. I've known you for those almost 21 years.'

'Shut up, Minnie.'

'Yes, my lord. At least he's legal in this country.'

'Lee Sungmin!'

'I'll be shutting up now, my lord.'