Chapter Seven

Resistance is futile

'What did you do?' Kyu asked as he took a wet cloth from Wook and gently cleaned the wounds.

Hae didn't respond.

Kyu sighed. 'What did you mean when you said you tried to kill him?'

Hae looked briefly at Wookie before he looked at the wall.

The usually fluid motions of the latter staggered and the sharp eye of Kyu caught it. 'Wook, do you know something?'

Wookie paled.

'Well?'

'Leave him alone.' Hae sounded weak.

'Somebody better explain what happened.' Kyu snarled.

'It's simple.' Hae said. 'He killed my mum, so I kill him.' The look in his eye was far from simple though.

'Oh Hae.' Kyu sighed again. 'Why didn't you talk to me about this? I could have...'

'What? Talked me out of it? Look around you, Kyu. The West is ing rich, you know how our nation is doing, right? People are starving. Little kids are ing starving.' A tear rolled down Hae's bruised cheek.

Kyu gritted his teeth. 'Hand me the desinfectant.' He instructed Wookie while he grabbed a clean cloth. He wetted it with the strong liquid. 'This will hurt but right now, I don't care.' Kyu said firmly as he pressed it against the several wounds. After a minute he looked up and saw his cousin had fainted once more. 

 

'I'm going to kill that bastard.' Hyuk yelled as he fought to get out of Sungmin's embrace.

'Hyuk, calm down, please.' His best friend said.

'I knew I shouldn't have trusted him.' Hyuk continued.

'He's not Junsu, Hyuk.'

'Don't mention that name!' Hyuk screamed.

Sungmin bit his lip. He knew exactly why this was such a sensitive topic. Hyuk had been gravely betrayed in the past. For years Junsu had pretended to be a good friend until he finally took the opportunity to kill Hyuk's father right in front of Hyuk's eyes. He got away though, Donghae wouldn't get away.

 

'You have every right to execute him, even publicly.' Shindong stated.

Hyuk was pacing around. 'When can it happen?'

'Whenever you want, my lord.'

A knock was heard. Sungmin stared at Hyuk and when the latter remained silent he yelled 'enter' himself.

A nervous Kyu came in. He walked to the middle of the room and kneeled. He bowed until his forehead touched the ground.

'What do you want?' Hyuk asked coldly.

'Please spare his life.' Kyu begged.

'I'll kill every single one of you.' Hyuk hissed.

Kyu felt sick with fear for his cousin.

'Euhm, my lord.' Shindong interrupted.

'What?'

'I looked into his background.' Shindong pointed at the still kneeling Kyu.

'And?'

'We can't kill him.'

'Why not?' Sungmin was curious.

'Did they lie about being cousins as well?' Hyuk almost spitted the words out.

'Because although they are cousins connected by their mums, I also found out who his father is.'

'It doesn't matter where I'm from.' Kyu quickly stood up.

'Tell me!' Hyuk ordered.

'His father is the uncle of the king of the North.' Shindong almost whispered.

The room went completely silent as they all stared at Kyu.

'Interesting lineage you have...prince Kyu.' Sungmin said in awe.

'Being cousins with King Heechul isn't really anything to be happy about.' Kyu mumbled. He turned towards Hyuk. 'Kangin and Ryeowook are really under my protection.' He added.

'But you can't protect Donghae.' Hyuk retorted.

'No I can't, not after his actions.' Kyu's eyes turned sad. 'I can only beg for you to be merciful.'

'Why would he keep someone that tried to kill him alive? So he can try again? So he can turn the king's live into hell? Why should we waste food on a murderer.' Shindong huffed.

Hyuk got a certain glint in his eyes.

'Hyukjae?' Sungmin had noticed.

'Making his live hell.' Hyuk smirked. He looked at Kyu. 'Alright, I'll let him live...on my conditions though.'

A chill went over Kyu's spine.

'Shindong, please bring Yesung, I need a good blacksmith.'

'A smith? But Hyukjae what do you need, you probably can get it at a store.' Sungmin wondered.

'Oh no, Minnie, not what I have in mind, this needs to be custom made.' Hyuk said coldly.