Chapter Three

Resistance is futile

'This wing will entirely belong to you and your underlings.' Siwon said to Hae. 'Of course it will be heavily guarded, I'm sure you understand.'

Hae just nodded as his eyes feasted on the beautifully decorated walls.

'Did he just say underlings?' Kyu growled but shut up as the first door opened and a luxury suite was revealed. The men couldn't find the words to express all they were seeing.

Wook noticed Hae's eyes becoming dull and he quickly signed, asking what was wrong.

Hae just shook his head and gave his friend a weak smile. His thoughts were at his homeland, where the war had caused the population to become quite poor. The castle of the East was but a mere shadow of what he was seeing now. Kyu didn't need an explanation. He wrapped an arm around his cousin and politely sent Siwon away.

'Hae, now there will be peace and everything can be rebuild to its former glory.' Kyu whispered into his cousin's ear. Hae leaned a bit more against him. Kyu sighed and picked the boy up and placed him on the huge bed. 'Wookie, please draw a bath for him.'

Kangin just stood there helplessly.

'Don't worry, he's just exhausted, physically and emotionally.' Kyu patted the guardian's back.

 

After a long bath, where Wookie tried to cheer him up with the rubber ducks, Hae fell into a deep dreamless sleep. His three companions stayed in his room to keep an eye on their prince. Half an hour before dinner they woke him up and helped a groggy Hae to get dressed.

'You are such a baby sometimes.' Kyu mumbled as he combed the boy's hair.

'Am not.' Hae pouted as he still was rubbing his eyes.

 

Hae looked confused as he was separated from his friends. He was lead to a huge dinning room where King Lee was waiting for him.

'Good evening, Prince Donghae.' Hyukjae welcomed him.

Hae bowed. 'Where are the others?'

'Oh this nation is build upon hierarchy. I don't dine with anyone that isn't of my stature.'

Hae frowned. 'What? You never eat with your friends?'

Hyuk chuckled at the other's offended tone. 'Sure I do, all my other meals I share with them, just not dinner. I admit it has been lonely since dad died.'

'He started that tradition?' Hae asked softly.

'Nah, ancestors did but dad had trust issues so he always ate alone or with me.' Hyuk stared at his plate.

Hae didn't know what to say.

'Well let's enjoy the food.' Hyuk smiled and lifted his cutlery.

 

'How was it?' Wookie signed.

'The food was really good. Did you guys also got that strawberry dessert?' Hae signed back.

Wook rolled his eyes. 'Not the food, him, the king, our enemy...remember?'

'He seems....lonely.'

Wook knew that look. 'Stop right there, Hae. You know what your mission is.'

'Yeah and I will do it. He had my mum killed of course I'm taking my revenge, it's just that....'

'That what?'

'I expected another kind of person.'

'What are you two being sneaky about?' Kyu's voice came from behind them.

Hae was startled but quickly recovered. 'Nothing, Kyu, we were just saying good night. What brings you to my room?'

Wookie bowed to them both, gave Hae one more warning look and left.

Kyu smiled at his cousin. 'I know you through and through, I know you won't be able to sleep when alone. I'll accompany you tonight.'

Hae's eyes brightened. 'Really?'

'Yup. I'm that nice.'

Hae huffed. 'Rarely.'

 

'What is it Shindong, I'm tired.'

'Kyuhyun hasn't left the prince's room yet.'

'So?'

'They could be conspiring something.'

Hyuk was thinking. 'Access the video.'

'Yes, my lord.' Shindong quickly typed in the codes and frowned.

'Well?'

'Euhm.'

'God man, hand it over.' Hyuk pulled the tablet out of his general's hands and stared at the footage. It took him several seconds to understand what he was seeing. His chest constricted. 'Why are they sleeping together?'

'I don't know, my lord. But they are cousins so...'

'That's their story. Check out Kyuhyun's background.'

'Yes, sir.'

'Now leave me.'

Shindong quickly left.

Hyuk kept staring at the screen. He zoomed in on Hae's face. It looked so innocent and peaceful. He ignored the strong arms around the boy. It was hours later that the tablet softly fell next to his pillow as sleep had finally won its battle.