Chapter Eight

Resistance is futile

'Hae, I have to tell you something.' Kyu said gently as he the younger's hair.

'Hmmmm?'

'Please don't be mad at me cause I hid it for two years.' Kyu begged. He immediately felt the prince retracting.

Hae looked at his cousin and frowned as he noticed the pained expression.

Kyu sighed and grabbed Hae's hands, his thumb them. 'You know when your mum died two years ago...'

Hae wanted to pull away, not liking the sudden mood but Kyu held on.

'The West didn't kill her, Hae.'

'Shut up!'

'No, you need to hear this, we were wrong keeping this from you.'

Hae struggled more and more.

'She killed herself, Hae.'

'Noooooooooo, why are you so mean!' Tears streamed down Hae's face as his clenched fists were now weakly hitting his cousin.

A loud crash was heard and Kyu turned his head around to see a shocked Wook. 'Guess you didn't know as well.'

Wookie could just stare at Kyu, then he fell onto his knees and started crying as well.

'Why would she even kill herself.' Hae screamed.

'Because she couldn't handle it anymore. She already lost two sons, she was terrified of losing you as well, that's why she took you out of the palace at a young age. But in the end her fear was too big, she lived in anxiety.' He let Hae cry on his shoulder, it seemed like hours before the boy calmed down a bit.

'So I attacked an innocent person.' Hae suddenly whispered.

'I wouldn't call king Hyuk innocent but he definitely had nothing to do with your mum's death.' Kyu said softly.

 

'So that chain would be unbreakable?' Hyuk inquired as he tested some of the materials brought by Yesung.

The blacksmith nodded. 'May I ask for what purpose they would be used?'

'I have a new pet but he tends to be quite disobedient.'

'Hence the shock function installed in the neck lock.' Yesung said.

'Indeed.'

'I would like to measure up your pet's throat.'

'I'll lead the way.' Hyuk smirked as he started walking to Donghae's room.

If Yesung was surprised whatsoever he didn't show it. He didn't move a facial muscle as his eyes met a desolent boy. Hae didn't even react when his measurements were taken.

'And?' Hyuk asked.

'I can do it but we need to coat the metal.' Yesung said.

'Why?'

'The throat is a very sensitive area and as you will be jerking his chain, we need to make sure it doesn't cut his skin every time.'

'Fine. You know best. Come back to my room.' Hyuk ordered.

 

'I want the chain to be attached to this wall, he needs to be able to go into that small area there, it will be his bathroom. The rest of the time the chain can't reach half the room. I also want it to be able to unhook so I can take him with me.'

Yesung's poker face remained as he noted down the demands. 'Where will he sleep?' He eyed the bed.

Hyuk scoffed. 'Not there.' He turned around and pointed to a bare corner. 'There, on the floor.'

'I can have it done in two days.'

'I'll give you 24 hours.' Hyuk said.

 

'Did I just see that creepy Yesung?' Sungmin asked.

Hyuk rolled his eyes. 'He's not creepy, he just doesn't talk much.'

'He never laughs at my jokes.' Sungmin pouted.

'Maybe cause they are not funny.' Shindong mumbled, earning a smack on the back of his head.

'What do you need him for?' Sungmin placed his attention on his best friend again.

'For Donghae.'

'I don't like the sound of that. What are you planning?'

'As of today, he's no longer a prince nor a human being. He's been degraded.'

Sungmin frowned. 'As what? A slave?'

Anger ruled Hyuk's face. 'You think I let him serve me? He'll be lower than a slave, he'll be my pet. His only existence is to entertain me.'

'Euhm Hyuk, that sounds really wrong in so many ways.' Sungmin said.

'I'll make him regret ever being born.' Hyuk ignored his best friend.

'By making him..."entertain" you. Look, Hyuk. You've been weird as a kid but this is just insane. You never were cruel.'

'Cruel? He's alive isn't he? That's more than he deserves.'

Sungmin gave Siwon and Shindong a worried look and they answered it. They all knew this was going to lead to disaster, being so out of character.