Denial

Falling In Love With Cupid

It's been a week and you're still ignoring Kris. Whenever he tries to talk to you, you ignore him. And instead of him sending you to school, you would walk.

* Walking is fine, Eun Mi. It helps you lose weight.* You encouraged yourself as you walk towards school. Actually, you felt good about it because you managed to observe and watch the surroundings. Like how every morning, the old lady near your house would go out to clean the lawn at exactly 7:00 in the morning. Another, is how the famous couple in your street is now currently cold with each other, meaning they are fighting.

* Just like me and Kris, except that we aren't dating.* You thought.

...

You arrived in school and walked in the second floor corridor. You were spacing out, then you noticed a familiar figure. You gulped and turned back. 

* RETREAT!!!* You thought. It turned out to be your teacher Mrs. Choi. You attempted to escape but too bad because she caught you.

" Miss Park!" She said to you in a high tone, making sure that you could hear her. You turned pale and swallowed dryly as you turned to face her. 

" Why hello, Mrs Choi! Pleasant, meeting you here." You said to her managing a smile. She then looked left and right. * Must be scanning for people.* After making sure no one was there she walked towards you.

* Oh no, what did I do?* You thought in panic. Then she was very near you now and had her hands raised up, ready to strike.

" I'm so sorry, please don't hu.." You stopped what you were about to say when she suddenly hugged you. Your eyed widened when your monster teacher who was shorter than you was actually hugging you.

" Umm... Mrs Choi?" You called for her. Then, she suddenly cried. She sobbed and sobbed non stop. You didn't know what to do so you just patted her back.  Then she let go of you and looked at you. Her face was like this:

 Cute but pitiful:(

It was very obvious that she was trying to stop herself from crying. Then it seemed like she could't do it so she cried again. 

Don't cry, I'm gonna cry too cute little baby (T_T)

You patted her back again.

" What happened?" You asked her. 

" We haven't talk for a week or more with him." She managed to answer you sobbing. You then remembered the incident where she caught her husband with a girl clinging to his arm. 

" Why? Was he cheating on you?" You asked her in a gentle voice. You did that so that it won't hurt her much, if it's true. She looked at you and shrugged.

" I don't know but as what we've seen, it's pretty obvious." She said, still crying. You thought for a second but then the school bell rang which served as a warning that it was almost time.

" Ok, how about we meet up after school and do something about this, okay?" You asked her. She wiped her tears and nodded. It was weird. It seemed like you were the adult and she was the troubled teenager. 

You smiled, patted her head and went off. * Maybe she's not that of a monster.* You thought to yourself as you opened the classroom door. The teacher wasn't thankfully there yet as you sat down your chair. Everyone was silently waiting for the teacher with their essay homework on top of their tables. Then suddenly, the classroom chairman went in.

" The teacher is absent and the essay is dismissed!!!" He announced with full joy. Instantly, the classroom rejoiced and threw their essay papers to the air, much to the dismay of the assigned cleaners. And like the speed of light, the classroom was noisy. Ayu sat next to you with a smile.

" So??" She asked you expectingly. You looked at her and raised an eyebrow. Sensing that you don't get what she means, she crossed her arms and pouted.

" I keep waiting but you never seem to tell me about why you were so excited last week. You said you would tell." She said to you while drawing circles on the floor with her feet. 

" Well, it's not a happy story." You said to her hesitantly. She immediately brightened up and dragged the chair closer so she could hear more. She gestured you to go on as she placed her head on your arm chair.

" There's this guy. His name is Kris." You started. You cringed when you said his name. It was like a word not meant to be said.

" And?" She asked you.

" He asked me out to dinner at the Bake-a-Boo bakery, but he didn't come. The end." You said to her. Her smile fell and then she frowned. She stood up and stomped her feet on the ground.

" What the heck is wrong with that guy? How coud be such a douche?" She asked you, fuming with anger. You were surprised. Ayu was a sweet girl, you never thought she would get mad. 

" Woah, chill Ayu. I honestly thought that when you were born, you were laughing instead of crying." You said to her. She crossed her arms and pouted again as she sat back down on her seat.

" Hey, I'm not that light-hearted. I get mad too." She said to you.

" But I gotta agree to that. So I got mad at him and ignored him until now." You said. Her eyes widened as she sat straight and came closer to you again.

" You're still mad at him? But it's been weeks. Had he apologized?" She asked you.

" Yeah, he even bought me flowers but I rejected it. It's fine if we don't talk anymore. I mean, weird things happen when I'm with him. My stomach would feel weird and my heart would abnormally beat hard. I would also feel my face getting hot. Isn't that weird? You said to her. Her eyes widened as a grin appeared on her face.

" Oh, so you like him." She said while jokingly hitting your shoulder. 

" What? Why?" You asked her in surprise as you slapped her hand making her stop on hitting you. 

" Oh, don't give me that ignorant look. It's pretty obvious on what you just said that you like him." She said while wiggling her eyebrows. 

" Oh yeah, prove it." You dared her while placing your hands on your waist.

" Well first is that you always think of him to the point that you will dream about him. * Well yeah, but that's not enought evidence.* Second, the feeling you have when you're with him. The weird feeling in your stomach is what you call butterflies in the stomach, then your heart would beat rapidly when he's there and you would blush, that's the reason you feel your face hot. * Come on, really?* And you always want to be with him." She finished. You flinched at her last sentence, because it was super true. But still, this things didn't convince you.

" That's silly. I don't like him." You said as you frownef and crossed your arms. She just laughed at you.

" How do you even know this stuff?" You asked her curiously. She stopped laughing and cleared .

" It's because that's what I felt with my first boyfriend." She said to you, flushed. Your eyes widened in surprise as you pointed at her with your left hand and your other hand, covering your mouth.

" You have already fallen in love? And the most shoking, already had a first boyfriend??" You asked her. She slapped your hand and crossed her arms.

" Then again, I fall in love,too. You seem to think so good of me, Eun Mi." She said with a frown.

" So, why did it end?" You asked her. You were now the one to move your chair closer to her so that you could her clearly.

" Well, it was because our parents found out. We were young and they didn't believe we were serious. They thought that our relationship would affect our studies so they forced us to break up. End of story." She said as she let out a sigh. You noticed the sadness in her eyes as she told you what happened.

" Do you still like him?" You asked. She flinched with your question and immediately shook her head.

" Of course not. That's the past, something that shouldn't be remembered already." She said to you. You naively believed her and tugged her shirt.

" What?" She asked you.

" I DON'T like Kris. okay?" You said to her. She noticed that your face was tomato red and she laughed. She patted your head like you were a puppy.

" Fine, I get it." She said to you. * Oh well, she'll realize it one day.* She thought.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Happy New Year everyone!

It's 2013 and we all got some new year resolutions. Mine? I'd like to stay who I am... Ok, maybe except for growing taller.

....

For this year, let's  not forget to look beyond our fear and insecurities, just say " I love me this way.!"

...

Don't forget to comment and subscribe:)