New Friend?

Don't Leave Me For...

The next morning, Woohyun woke up and saw that he was alone; Sunggyu wasn't there. He got up and went into his room and saw that Eun Hee wasn't there either. Woohyun started to cry. He wasn't meant to be a cry baby, but how could they just leave him without saying a word? Well, not that Woohyun wanted to hear from Eun Hee, but Sunggyu could have at least told him that he was leaving.

(2 hours later)

Woohyun heard the front door click open and he quickly ran towards the door, expecting Sunggyu to be home. Sunggyu was home alright, but another unexpected visitor came along too. Eun Hee. Woohyun sighed in disappointment. He walked back to the couch and sat down, crossing his arms with a pout. His behavior went unnoticed, as Sunggyu and Eun Hee were happily chatting about something. He wanted some alone time with Sunggyu, but since she was here, he couldn't anymore. Sunggyu's smile is like an angel's when he talks to her. How come he doesn't smile like that when he's with me? Sunggyu told Eun Hee to rest in their room, making Woohyun look up in shock. Is he seriously letting her stay in this apartment whenever she wanted to? Who does she think she is to just come in and out of this apartment as she pleases? She's freaking rich for god's sake! She has a house better than ours and yet she wants to stay here. Sunggyu walked over to Woohyun and jumped on him. Woohyun smiled because of how close they were, but as soon as the latter started talking, his smile faded.

"Woohyun ah! I'm so excited. I hope it's a girl! We're going to find out next month!"

"Oh..." Woohyun looked down at his hands.

"Aren't you happy for us?"

"I-I am." He faked a smile. Woohyun knew how much Sunggyu loved kids. No wonder he's so excited that Eun Hee is pregnant. At least she can give him a family ... I can't.

"Tomorrow, me and Eun Hee are going shopping for baby stuff. Do you want to come?"

"I..." Woohyun hesitated. He really didn't want to be with Eun Hee. That'd be the last person he'd ever want to be with. What was he supposed to say? If he said no, he would disappoint Sunggyu. But if he said yes, then he would have to suffer seeing that 's face. And clearly he did not want to be with her. All he wanted to do was just spend some quality time with his best friend. Was that too much to ask for?

"I can't." Woohyun finally said.

"Why not? You have nothing to do at home anyway." Sunggyu answered a bit annoyed.

"I know but-"

"All you do at home is sit your lazy on the damn couch. You even stopped working at that damn cafe, so there's no ing excuse that you can't go with us. You always complain about how tired you are when you don't even do ! You aren't happy for us are you?"

"I didn't-"

"You're just jealous that you don't have a girlfriend! I can't believe you'd be like this; I trusted you Nam Woohyun."

"Bu-"

"Shut the hell up! I don't wanna hear your crap! Get the out of this house this instance! And I don't want to see your face ever again." Woohyun was bawling by the time he left the house. Why did Sunggyu suddenly snap at him like that?

"G-gyu..." Woohyun slid down against the wall beside the door. "I'm sorry for being a bother to you. I'll leave. If that's what you want...I'll leave, so that you and Eun Hee could be happy together." And with that, Woohyun wiped his tears and stood up. He walked out of the building and looked around the big city. Where was he supposed to go now? He didn't want to be a bother to Dongwoo again. The last time he went to his house, he made him worried. He doesn't want to go back to that cafe either.

"I guess I'll just have to find another place to stay at." He sighed and started walking.

 

(10pm)

Woohyun hugged himself and rubbed his arms, trying to get the warmth, as it was freezing out here. His stomach started to growl as well. He hadn't eaten ever since Sunggyu kicked him out. Just thinking about the latter made him tear up again.

"Are you okay?" Some stranger asked as he handed Woohyun his handkerchief.

"No. No I'm not fine." Woohyun shook his head.

"Here take this." Woohyun took the handkerchief and said a brief 'thank you.' "What's wrong?" When Woohyun looked up, he met eyes with a young man. He was beautiful, just about his age. Woohyun couldn't help the urge to stare at the flawless face, making the stranger chuckle.

"Am I that handsome?"

"Wh-what?" Woohyun realized he was staring and turned away, blushing because of embarrassment. Then all of a sudden, Woohyun sneezed a couple of times. As the night breeze got colder, Woohyun started to shiver more. The stranger had noticed because he took off his coat and placed it on Woohyun's shoulders. Woohyun looked at the stranger.

"Aren't you going home? I mean it's pretty cold out here, seeing that you've already gotten sick."

"I wish I had a home." Woohyun mumbled under his breath.

"Huh? What did you say?"

"What? I didn't say anything!"

"Yes you did. Now tell me."

"I...I said, I wish I had a home."

"What do you mean? You don't have a home?"

"I..." Woohyun hesitated a bit. I mean he just met this boy and he was about to tell him his whole life story. He didn't seem bad at all. He was very nice to him from the start. Woohyun then decided...that maybe he could trust him. "My friend kicked me out, s-so I have nowhere to go."

"You wanna stay at my place? I have an extra room that I don't use."

"You don't have to."

"It's my offer."

"But.."

"But what?"

".........."

"Do you think I'm some creep that will hurt you?" Woohyun nodded, a bit too fast. The stranger laughed. "Don't worry, I'm perfectly normal and safe." The stranger then held Woohyun's hands. Woohyun looked up shocked to the sudden action. "Your hands are cold. Let's get home quick and I'll make you some hot chocolate. How about that?" Woohyun nodded. Maybe he really isn't so bad. Maybe he really is nice.

(At the stranger's house)

The stranger opened the door and let Woohyun in. Woohyun was amazed by the house; this stranger was filthy rich. It was a two story house and it was huge. Woohyun was at loss of words. He just stood there awkwardly. As Woohyun was standing there, he had remembered that he didn't even know the stranger's name. How was he so sure that this guy was safe? He needed to know his name, age, where he works, his family, background, etc.

"Uhm...e-excuse me..." The stranger turned around.

"Yes?"

"Wh-what is your name?"

"Kim Kibum, but most people know me as Key."

"Kibum..." Woohyun said the name as he tried to get used to it. He nodded and smiled. "It's a nice name."

"You're the very first person to call me by my real name." Key said as he sat down on the couch.

"I-I am?" Woohyun asked a bit shocked. Key gestured for Woohyun to sit down on the couch with him.

"What's your name then?" Key asked back.

"Woohyun...Nam Woohyun."

"It's a beautiful name."

"Th-thank you." Woohyun blushed. "Where do you work?" This question made the latter chuckle.

"Is this some interrogation now?"

"N-never mind then." Woohyun looked down embarassed.

"No it's okay. The question was just so sudden. I'm the heir of Kim Corporations." Woohyun choked on his own saliva. K-Kim Corporations?? The Kim Corporations? "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Key asked concerned as he patted Woohyun's back to calm him down. Woohyun flinched at the contact but Key didn't notice.

"Y-you work at Kim...Corporations?"

"Yes, I am the heir."

"That explains why he's so rich!" Woohyun muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing!"

"Hyung."

"Hyung?"

"You are older than me aren't you?"

"I'm 21..."

"I'm 21 too. September 23."

"February 8."

"See, you're older."

"Why...why did you bring me into your home?"

"Why? Hm...I'm quite lonely. I thought that it'd be nice to have a friend."

"You don't have friends?"

"No. My father isolated me away from everyone since I was young. He did this so I could become successful." Key sighed. "You have friends don't you? I'm sure you have more friends than me."

"Well...I had friends." Woohyun bit his lip to prevent himself from crying. Just moments ago, his mind was completely away from Sunggyu and now here he was thinking about him again.

"A-are you crying?" Key scooted closer to the younger as he stared into his eyes. The older's eyes had visible tears and was filled with sadness. When he didn't get an answer, he asked once more, "Are you okay?" The latter still didn't answer and more tears rolled down his face. Key became concerned and couldn't do anything about it but just pull the older in an embrace. Woohyun was shocked and pushed Key away. Key was very confused. Key thought that maybe he was like some people he knew was scared around people. Maybe Woohyun was like this too. He pulled Woohyun's shirt towards him and closed the gap in between them. Woohyun was struggling to get out of his grip. Key kept patting his back and saying sweet words to Woohyun. Usually, Woohyun would push people away again, but somehow, he felt warmth when Key hugged him. Besides Sunggyu and Dongwoo that he trusted so much, Key didn't scare him. Woohyun could trust Key.

"K-kibum ah..."

"Hm?" The two let go.

"I..." Woohyun paused for a moment before continuing. "I can trust you, right?" Woohyun asked because he wanted to make sure.

"Of course you can trust me. I know we just met, but I promise I won't do anything to harm you. You can trust me."

"Thank...you."

"For what?"

"For giving me your trust."

 

Back at Sunggyu's apartment, he was sitting on his couch panicking. He ran his hands through his hair hastily. He quickly regretted what he had done and said to Woohyun earlier. It was the biggest mistake he's ever made. He knew Woohyun was a very sensitive and fragile boy, but at that moment, he had completely forgotten. Why did he have to be so stupid? Looking down at his chest lay the necklace he and Woohyun both had. He gripped it tightly and tears started to fall. Flashbacks and memories flooded through Sunggyu's head.

"Yah! Gyu, wait for me!"

"You're gonna have to catch me!" Sunggyu playfully stuck his tongue out and ran across the sand as the waves brushed against their feet.

"Aish, you better come here!" Woohyun soon caught up and jumped on the elder's back. "Gottcha!" They lost their balance and fell into the water, soaking them.

"You got us all wet." Sunggyu pouted. This was the most adorable thing Woohyun's ever seen and he couldn't help himself from poking those adorable chubby hamster cheeks. Woohyun then stood up and splashed water on Sunggyu. Sunggyu also got up and chased after Woohyun, kicking and splashing as much water as he could.

The sunset was slowly going down and the sky emit a blend of orange and red. It was a nice view indeed.


"Push me higher!" Sunggyu cheered as his best friend was pushing him on the swing.

"Okay, hold on tight!" They both laughed. "Gyu, let's play on the slide now!" Sunggyu jumped off the swing and grabbed Woohyun's hand. "Who's going first?"

"Let's go together." Sunggyu wrapped his arms around the latter's tiny waist and pushed them down the slide.

"Haha! Again!!" They both laughed.


"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Since you're already here, might as well have fun."

"B-but I never hiked before."

"I'll be with you so stop your whining. Just be careful-"

"Ouch!" Woohyun slipped on mud and somehow fell onto the wrong side of his foot.

"Are you okay? Can you get up?"

"I-I think so..." Woohyun attempted to get up, but failed and winced in pain. "Ah!" Sunggyu kneeled down. "What are you doing?"

"Get on."

"But I'm heavy!"

"You either get on or I leave you here." Woohyun hopped onto the older's back. Sunggyu linked his arms around the younger's legs to hold him up as he wrapped his arms around the older's neck. "Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you were heavy."

"Yah! Then put me down." Woohyun pouted and released his grip from Sunggyu's neck, losing their balance.

"Stop moving!"

"S-sorry." Sunggyu started walking out of the forest. Woohyun kept his head close to Sunggyu's neck, inhaling his beautiful scent.


"Gyu, can you pass me that bowl?" Sunggyu didn't answer. "Hyung!"

"Hmm?" He turned around with his mouth full of rice. Woohyun facepalmed himself.

"I told you to wash and cut the vegetables 5 minutes ago, not eat!"

"I wosh hungwy."

"Ugh, whatever. I'll do it myself."

"I'll wosh thwem fwor you!"  Sunggyu quickly grabbed the tomato and put it under the running faucet. When Woohyun wasn't looking, he stuffed another spoon of rice into his mouth.

"Yah!" Woohyun smacked the older's arm.

"Appo~" he whined.


Woohyun and Sunggyu sat in their living room. They nervously held the envelopes and looked at each other. They nodded and slowly opened it.

"Gyu..."

"Hyunnie..." They said at the same time.

"I......"

"I got accepted!"

"Me too!" They stood up and hugged each other real tight. They jumped up and down cheerfully.

"We can be together forever now!"


Remembering all the things that happened ever since they were young, Sunggyu couldn't take it anymore. He had to find Woohyun. He just had to. He got up and grabbed his jacket. He was about to walk out the door, but Eun Hee came out and questioned him.

"Oppa, where are you going at this late of night?"

"I have to find Woohyun. I made a big mistake I shouldn't of had. I have to find him."

"Are you crying?" She clenched her fist and tried to keep her cool.

"How can I not? He's my best friend."

"But oppa, I'm sure he'll come back. Just wait till tomorrow and maybe he'll be here."

"Eun Hee ah-"

"Oppa~ you can't just leave me here by myself. Let's look for him tomorrow, neh? It's very dangerous if you go out right now."

"But he has no where to stay. He needs me."

"Jebal oppa~" Sunggyu couldn't do anything but listen to her.

"Arrasso." He sighed. "I'll stay. But I'm looking for him tomorrow."

 

A/N: I'm so so so so sorry that I haven't been updating. I've been thinking a lot about what to write. I kinda changed the plot a bit, so once I know exactly what I'm doing, I'll update more. I am really thankful for you guys for being so patient with me.

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please comment and subscribe ♥