The first signs

Don't Leave Me For...

Woohyun limped home after his meeting with the others. His smile slightly dropped as soon as everyone was out of his sight; Eun Hee's words were still lingering in his head. I'm not being so annoying with them, am I? Woohyun shook his head at the thought and went inside the apartment back to bed. 

 

A week passed and Woohyun was able to work again. Although Sunggyu and Woohyun's relationship wasn't that good, they still talked, only when necessary.

It was extremely busy today at the cafe and Woohyun tried his best to serve the customers; there were just too many. 

"Excuse me, this is the wrong order," one of the customers complained to Woohyun. 

"Ah, I'm sorry! I'll go and fix the order," The latter apologized and quickly went to fix the order. While making his way back to the counter, he nearly tripped on the rug underneath him and dropped a hot cup of coffee, its contents splashing onto Woohyun's hand and burning him. 

"Ahh!" Woohyun let out a yelp and small cry. Soon Sungyeol came over and pushed Woohyun aside as he bent down to pick up the pieces of glass.

"Yah! How could you be so careless! We don't have time to be messing around!" the younger yelled at the other while continuing to clean the mess up.

"I'm sorry.." Woohyun whispered as he bit his lip and ran to the kitchen. He ran his hand under the cold water and let out a sob, tears flowing down his face.

"I'm sorry..it's my fault. I'm sorry," Woohyun kept saying to himself, Eun Hee's words appearing again. You're such a nuisance. You're useless.

As the day progressed, Woohyun struggled to keep up with the work due to the amount of customers and his injured hand. He broke a few more glasses and cut his hand while attempting to clean up the pieces. Hoya had told Woohyun to stay after work to talk to him and he knew what they were going to talk about. 

"Nam Woohyun." Hoya started off. Woohyun slightly flinched, knowing that whenever Hoya addresses someone with their full name, he is angry.

"Do you know how much of a disaster you caused today?! All our customers complained to me becuase of YOU! What the hell were you doing slacking off?! Do you know how much those cups and plates cost?!" 

"I-I'm sorry." 

"Sorry? Do you really think sorry is going to solve all this? Do you realize how much we have to work for to get those? How can you be so clumsy? We have so many customers today and yet you cannot do your job right! We didn't even make enough profit today just because you couldn't do your in' job right!"

"I'm s-sorry! Mian..I'm sorry.." Woohyun flinched at Hoya's words. He hid his injured hand behind his back and lowered his head, not wanting to meet Hoya's gaze and kept apologizing, the tears already rolling down his face.

"You're such a nuisance, you know that?" Hoya let out, not wanting to deal with the matter anymore and rubbed his temple in frustration.

"..I-it's my fault..I'm s-sorry. Everything is m-my fault," the older whispered but loud enough for Hoya to hear.

"Of course it's your fault. Who else's would it be, huh?" Once Hoya saw tears running down Woohyun's face, he realized what he had done. He didn't mean to hurt Woohyun's feelings, he was just angry.

Hoya started walking towards Woohyun. "Mianhe, Woohyun ah. I didn't mean to-" He lay a hand on Woohyun's shoulder and he flinched once more. He pulled away quickly whilst shoving Hoya's hand away and slightly shivering.

"D-don't touch me!" Hoya was indeed shocked by Woohyun's sudden behavior.

"Woohyun what's wrong?" He leaned in to touch Woohyun again, but was shoved once again.

"N-no stop! Don't come closer!" And with that, Woohyun ran out the cafe crying. Why is Woohyun acting like this? I didn't mean to hurt his feelings; everyone knows that when I'm angry, I can't control myself. I need to apologize...but, why is Woohyun acting weirdly? Why....

 

As Woohyun was running down the streets with tears flowing down his face, people would stare at him. They looked at him weirdly and ignored him in the end. Why does everyone hate me? It's all my fault...but can't they still love me? They all probably think I'm just a nuisance... Woohyun thought and arrived home. He searched for his keys in his pockets and unlocked the door. When he stepped into the house, Sunggyu stood in front of Woohyun with a worried expression. Sunggyu noticed the dried tear stains on Woohyun's face and questioned him.

"Hyunnie, what's wrong? Were you crying?" Woohyun stood there shocked with his head still down. He hadn't heard that name for a long while. The last time he heard it was when they were just kids. Why was it that all of a sudden Sunggyu called him 'Hyunnie'?"

"Wha-what?"

"Why were you crying?"

"I-I wasn't crying."

"Hyunnie......I'm..I'm sorry."

"For what?" He looked up.

"Everything. I'm sorry for hurting you. I didn't mean to; I didn't realize it until now." It was hard for Woohyun to believe what Sunggyu said because he knew that it never worked well in the past. Woohyun wanted to trust him; he really did.

"You've said that numerous times in the past. Do you think telling me this now will solve anything?"

"Woohyun ah..."

"Oh, so now it's 'Woohyun ah?' What happened to Hyunnie, huh?!"

"Please, listen to me..."

"No! You listen to me!" Sunggyu was taken back from Woohyun's sudden behavior. "I've had enough of your acts. You promised me....You promised me that you'll never leave me, hurt me, physically or mentally, but guess what, you did." Tears were now visible in Woohyun's eyes. "I have been wearing this ever since you gave it to me. Look at you, have you once ever kept it on at all times? This necklace means A LOT to me; it may not to you, but to me it does. You don't know w-what I had to go through all these years! Not once have you no-noticed me. W-whenever I want your attention, you never look at me. Wh-why? Whenever I need you the most, you're not t-there for me." Sunggyu was shocked to hear what Woohyun just said. By now he was crying so hard that he wasn't able to speak properly. "I-It's...always 'E-eunhee this,' 'Eunhee that.' Why don't y-you just go to her and leave m-me here! I-I don't need...you an-anymore! So just leave! I don't need y-you any-.........." Within seconds, Woohyun collapsed. Sunggyu panicked and fell to his knees and lay Woohyun's head on his lap. He lightly patted Woohyun's cheeks to get him to wake him up, but it was no use. His eyes trailed to Woohyun's bandaged hand and it looked very serious. He gently, but quickly unwrapped the bandage, revealing a very red mark all over the younger's hand. Not only was the hand red, but it was also very swollen, too. Sunggyu didn't waste any time and quickly rushed Woohyun to the hospital. What happened to your hand? What's happening to you all of a sudden?

Sunggyu went to talk to the doctor as soon as Woohyun was in the emergency room. The doctor had told him that it was just due to the stress he had been receiving lately. He said that it'd be best if the latter stayed home and rest for the remainder of the week. The doctor then asked another question.

"About the burn mark on his hand, how did he get it?"

"I...don't know, honestly. Is it bad? The burn?"

"It's not very serious, but it'll need some treatment later on." Sunggyu nodded and questioned the doctor again.

"Wait, what do you mean by stress? What kind of stress?"

"It' most likely a psychological trauma that he's experiencing due to an incident that had happened recently. If I can recall, he was admitted to this hospital a while ago."

"Oh....I see..." What incident? What happened? How did I not know about this, especially since he's my best friend; how did I not know?

Sunggyu sighed and entered Woohyun's room. He sat down on the chair next to Woohyun's bed and held his bandaged hand in his own. Sunggyu held Woohyun's hand gently close to his face and thought about what Woohyun had told him earlier. Was that all true? Did Sunggyu really ignore Woohyun? He didn't mean to...

Hyunnie....please wake up soon. I'm very worried about you. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've been giving you. How could I make it up to you? I promise you this time that I'll stay by your side and never leave. I won't hurt you anymore, whether it's physically or mentally. I'll protect you and pay more attention to you. Why are you getting hurt so much? Just....please wake up...I'm sorry.....

The older soon fell asleep holding the younger's hand with his head laying on the bed.

 

The next day, Woohyun stirred in bed. He felt a weight on his hand and looked down. He saw Sunggyu soundly asleep holding his hand. Did he stay here all night? For some reason, he felt safe with Sunggyu. He didn't get scared or push him away, why? Woohyun shook that thought out and held onto Sunggyu's hand tighter. He really liked the feeling of his hand in the older's. It fit perfectly together with his hand. If only Sunggyu could stay with him forever, it'd make Woohyun's life a miracle. Woohyun turned to lay on his side and looked at Sunggyu's facial features. He looked at his closed eyes, down to his cute little nose, and finally arriving at his plump kissable pink lips. He kept on staring at it for a while and slowly leaned in, but all of a sudden, Sunggyu opened his eyes. Woohyun quickly leaned back onto his bed and closed his eyes, but he was smiling like a fool, making it obvious he wasn't asleep. Sunggyu lifted his head to see a smiling Woohyun. Was he asleep or awake? Was he having a dream?

Unconsciously, he stared at Woohyun's face. He never realized how beautiful the younger latter was. His hand moved up to caress the latter's cheek not knowing what he was doing. Woohyun who was awake smiled and held onto their already laced hands even tighter, if that was possible. After Sunggyu let go, he realized something different about Woohyun and a weird feeling in his chest was making him suffocated. His heart was beating rapidly and he was feeling hot all of a sudden. Why am I feeling like this? And why is it so hot? His thoughts were interrupted by some text messages. He checked his phone and saw that Dongwoo and Eun Hee had texted him.

From: Dongwoo

Where are you? Let's hang out today!

From Eun Hee

Oppa~ Let's go on a date today, eo?! Oppa saranghae <3

Sunggyu looked at the texts and replied.

To: Dongwoo

I can't. Woohyun's in the hospital. You can visit if you want...

To: Eun Hee

I can't. We're gonna have to do it some other time. Mian.

Within seconds, he received a reply from Dongwoo.

From: Dongwoo

WHAT!?!!!!? WHY?! IS HE HURT? I'M ON MY WAY!

To: Dongwoo

He's fine. The doctor said it was due to stress.

Dongwoo barged into the room before 5 minutes even passed. Sunggyu looked at Dongwoo wide eyed, looking away from his phone. He saw sweat running down all over his body. Behind him, were the other four: Sungjong, Sungyeol, Myunsoo, and Hoya. Woohyun opened his eyes hearing all the commotion and sat up. Sunggyu noticed and turned to him to see if he was alright.

"Hyunnie! Gwenchana? Are you feeling better? You're not hurt anywhere?" Sunggyu looked around Woohyun's body to check for any injuries.

"Gyu, I'm fine. Why are you worrying so much?"

"Because I am. I'm worried you'd be sick." Sunggyu said while pouting. Dongwoo came running to Woohyun and held his cheeks with both of his hands.

"Woohyun ah! Are you okay? Why are you in the hospital? Are you sick anywhere? Tell me!" Woohyun flinched a little due to the sudden touch.

"H-hyung..."

"OH! Mian mian! I forgot...."

"I-it's okay....just don-don't do that again."

"Forgot what?" Sunggyu asked the two.

"Huh? Uh.....it's nothing, really." Woohyun replied.

"Oh, jjinja? So.....why did they all come here?" Sunggyu asked Dongwoo, looking at the four by the door.

"They all saw me run out the door, so I guess they followed me?" Sunggyu just nodded. When Woohyun turned his gaze towards the door, he saw Hoya standing there. He jumped back in fear and held onto Dongwoo. He hid behind Dongwoo holding onto his sleeve tightly. He was shivering a lot, tears coming down slowly. Dongwoo who noticed Woohyun's behavior turned around to see Woohyun shivering really bad.

"Woohyun ah! Waegurae?! Are you okay?!" Woohyun shook his head repeatedly not wanting to meet Hoya's eyes. He lifted his finger and pointed at Hoya. Woohyun still remembered Hoya yelling at him and suddenly became scared of him. That scary look can creep anyone out.

"Ho...ya? What about him?" Woohyun was shivering even more just hearing the name. He kept repeating words like 'It's all my fault,' 'stop,' and 'I'm sorry.' Dongwoo heard everything he was saying at looked at Hoya with a questioning look. He mouthed to Hoya, "I'll talk to you later."

Woohyun was then embraced into Dongwoo's arms. He flinched again from the sudden skinship from the older. He kept shaking his head frantically, blaming himself and shivering. Dongwoo rubbed the younger's back to calm him down. The other 5 were just watching them with shocked expressions.

After a mere 10 minutes, Woohyun fell asleep in Dongwoo's arms. It was silence for a while, until Sunggyu broke it.

"Why was Woohyun acting like that?" Sunggyu asked, remembering the doctor's words. Dongwoo thought about the words Woohyun had told him before 'Don't tell anyone, please.' He wanted to keep Woohyun's promise, but he didn't want the others to worry. He sighed and told the other 5 the whole story. As soon as he finished talking, they were shocked to hear what had happened, especially Sunggyu. Who knew such a thing could happen to someone they really love. Dongwoo then asked, "Hoya, why was Woohyun acting like that towards you?"

"I-I don't kno-know....."

"He usually doesn't get scared unless somebody touches him. Do you know why?"

"I don't really know why.....uhm....well..yesterday, I-I was talking to him...."

"You were talking to him...about~?"

"I kinda yelled at him?"

"You yelled at him?! For what?!!"

"He-he wasn't doing a good job at work and keeps breaking all my plates." Dongwoo sighed.

"Look, Hoya. And for the rest of you guys too, please be nice to Woohyun and try not to be too touchy with him. He's been through a lot lately." They all looked at Woohyun embraced in Dongwoo's arms with sadness.

Oh, Woohyun ah.....what happened to you......

I'M SOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A LOOOONG TIME :( I was very busy with school and I didn't have the time, sorry. I promise to update more chapters soon. Sorry if there are any errors. I didn't have the time to edit it :(

How was this chapter? PLEASE comment ^.^