Here to Stay

Living with Gangsters
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was that dream again.

You shot up immediately, breathing heavily. Pressing a hand against your head, you desperately tried to wipe the sweat away from your forehead. The scenes from your dream were still flashing in your mind vividly.

"Gwenchana?"

L.joe looked at you in concern, a hand on your back. You swallowed nervously before nodding subtly.

L.joe left his bed and headed for the kitchen. You got up as well, dragging your feet towards the living room, not wanting to disturb the other two who were still sleeping soundly. He came back with a glass of water.

"That dream has happened too many times." You croaked, attempting to drink the water with your shaking hands.

L.joe pressed his lips into a line before sighing. "His death anniversary... it's tomorrow. I think it's time for you to go back there."

"I think so too."

 

Daehyun sat at his usual seat in his classroom. He was drawing a portrait. You sat beside him, observing as he immersed himself in what he was doing. 

Then, he was shot.

The impact caused him to lunge forward adruptly. He slowly slumped in his seat, his head lowering as the blood stained his pristine uniform. You retracted back in horror, your back against the wall. The blood stained the portrait that he had drew as well.

That portrait of you.

 

Your dream was so surreal, you felt like it happened right in front of you. Stiffening, you remembered when Daehyun was killed in front of you. You never wanted to go through that scene again. 

You exited the bus and glanced at your surroundings. It was raining, a weather that matched your dampened mood. Disheartened, you watched as people left the cemetery, their umbrellas slightly brushing against yours due to the cramped space.

Like them, you had the urge to leave and head home, but you couldn't leave now. Not now.

After all, you only visited him once a year. He must be feeling lonely.

You walked forward past the rows of tombstones, towards the tombstone you were familiar with. The packet of fried tofu was held firmly in your hands, still warm despite the chilling weather. Glancing up, you stopped in your tracks.

There was someone standing near his tombstone.

Fully dressed in black, Myungsoo bowed to pay his respects. He would never forget Daehyun, for he was the guy who saved everyone's life. Myungsoo could feel someone staring at him. Despite the rain, he immediately recognised a far-too-familar person.

His eye widened in shock as his heart began to race.

"Heeyoung..."

"I haven't seen you for so long." You emitted a light laughter, slightly tilting your head. Myungsoo was still in disbelief, wondering if the girl in front of him was just a vision. He had longed to see you for so long, and here you are now, right before him.

 

"How's life?"

The both of you sat in front of Daehyun's grave. The rain had stopped and the air was humid.

"Not bad, I guess. What about yours?" You inquired.

"Well... my current job is quite tedious, but it's still managable." Myungsoo pondered about it.

Seven years had passed since the incident. After the incident, Infinite was given the opportunity to work officially for the government. They had the skills and experience after all. On the other hand, Teen Top remained together and wandered everywhere. 

You turned to take a good look at him. Myungsoo still looked the same, with his usual poker face and serious expression.

"So what happened after that day?" He asked, resting his head on his propped arm. "After that day? So many things had happened after that." You had to pause to arrange your thoughts.  "Well firstly, we had a long talk." You unconsciously smiled. 

"A long talk?" Myungsoo was immediately curious upon seeing your smile. 

 

What happened seven years back: 

Back at the studio, Infinite and Teen Top were preparing to pack up and leave on their seperate ways.

Changjo and Ricky were doing their own stuff quietly. Niel leaned against the wall, immersed in his own thoughts. As you were packing Chunji's stuff, L.joe kept glancing at you from the side. You looked towards him and he stared at you with wide eyes. 

"Yeah?"

"Heeyoung. I have to tell you something."

You blinked. It was the first time seeing L.joe being so serious. You wondered what was wrong. "Okay..." Standing up slowly, you followed along as he headed to the back of the studio.

L spotted you making your way to the back and wanted to approach you as well. As he reached the door, he heard two different voices. He peeked through the hinge of the door and realised it was L.joe and you.

His hand was on your shoulder.

L uncomfortably looked away, disheartened. He swallowed the lump in his throat over and over again. He was burdened by the hidden feelings he had for you, but the courage to say it had disappeared. *It's okay.* He tried to reassure himself. *I wouldn't stand a chance anyway.*

Crestfallen, L walked slowly towards the rest of the Infinite members where Sunggyu was talking to C.A.P. 

"We're going off now."

C.A.P nodded, stretching his hand out. "Thanks for everything, Sunggyu."

Sunggyu smiled and shook his hand. "Where will you be going from here on?"

"Anywhere I guess. We'll find a place to settle down and continue on with our lives."

"That's good to hear. Hopefully we'll see each other soon." Sunggyu bade goodbye to the Teen Top members. He then surveyed the room carefully before frowning, "Wait, where's L.joe and Heeyoung?" 

"Those kids... they should be at the back of the studio." C.A.P scratched his head and pointed to the back. Sunggyu nodded. "Help me to convey my farewell to them." C.A.P agreed and watched as they left the studio for good.

L lagged behind, staring at the back door for a good five seconds before going up the stairs.

 

"So many things have happened." L.joe pressed his lips together and sighed.

"I'm glad that you're safe in the end." He squeezed your shoulder lightly. You managed a small smile and patted his hand. "All these events made me realise something. It made me realise that I've taken everyone in Teen Top for granted. Everyone, including you."

L.joe looked down, afraid to look at you in the eye. He bravely continued,

"I don't want to face the risk of losin

Please log in to read the full chapter