Leaked Information

Living with Gangsters
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

You were at a loss for words.

Ricky and L.joe were staring at you and Daehyun. Daehyun had an equally bewildered expression on his face.

*How could this happen?!* You started to panic. *I thought I told them not to come home!*

L.joe stared hard at Daehyun's hair. *Blond hair... He seems so familiar.* He thought. 

Daehyun recognized the guy standing in front of him. *L.joe?* Daehyun had eye contact with him for the first time, and at once he could feel the unfriendly presence around him. Beside him, a guy who he supposed was ''Ricky'' was glaring at him.

Both of them weren't pleased to see Daehyun here.

"L-Let's go, Daehyun." You stammered and quickly walked off. Daehyun slowly slinked past them and went after you. Ricky turned around to call you but L.joe held him back. "Don't." He warned.

"She wasn't supposed to bring a stranger home! Is she trying to risk our identity?" Ricky argued.

L.joe was quiet. "We'll talk about this when she gets home."

You continued to brisk walk down the pavement, too afraid to look back. You knew L.joe and Ricky would tell you off later. But for now, you had to explain things to Daehyun. 

Daehyun looked back. L.joe and Ricky were already walking up the stairs. He sighed, relieved that they didn't chase after him. He turned around and saw that you were walking silently without a word. "You..okay?" He asked.

You nodded.

"Those guys just now..." Daehyun began.

"I don't know them." You answered abruptly.

Daehyun frowned. "But I saw how those guys were looking at you just now. Especially the brown-haired one."

*L.joe.* You felt an uneasy feeling stirring in you. "I really don't know him." You replied once again. Daehyun still wouldn't give up. "The way he looked at you was like as if he knew you very well."

"Daehyun.. please stop asking." You pleaded.

"I know you're keeping something from me. And I hate it when people keeps things from me." You heard Daehyun stopping in his tracks. You turned around to see him, with folded arms and a determined expression on his face.

You didn't want risk Teen Top's identity. But neither did you want Daehyun to keep bothering you with that question. You were in a denial. To tell or not to tell? 

Daehyun can be trusted...right?

 

Ricky angrily sat down on the couch while L.joe disappeared into the kitchen to find food. 

"Who's that guy anyway? And, what the hell, he even left his wrapper here. Ugh." Ricky pointed to the chocolate wrapper on the table accidentally left behind by Daehyun.

Ricky suddenly eyed the laptop settled neatly on the table. "Wow, cool. A laptop!" His hands reached out for the laptop instead of the TV remote. Ricky opened the laptop, placed a finger on the finger pad, swirled around in a circular motion a few times and the laptop screen suddenly came to life. 

"Woah!"

L.joe came out with a packet of chips in his hands. He saw Ricky playing around with Daehyun's laptop.

He frowned as he took a seat beside Ricky. "Don't play around with people's stuff."

Ricky read the paragraphs that Daehyun had typed out earlier. "Hmm. That guy should be Heeyoung's schoolmate. They were doing a project, I see."

L.joe remembered you telling him about your new classmate. "His name is Daehyun. I'm sure of it. If that's the case, we shouldn't be too worried."

Ricky closed the window and went on to explore his files. "Hey," L.joe scolded. "Don't go too far. It's his privacy."

"I just want to check if he secretly stored pictures of Heeyoung." Ricky lamely said. Just as L.joe was about to make a sharp comment, he noticed something. One of Daehyun's files. He dropped his packet of chips in shock. 

"Wait! Scroll back up again!" L.joe demanded.

Puzzled, Ricky did as told. Then he saw it too. A file named 'TTOP.'

TTOP was the short form for Teen Top in the gang industry.

"What?!?!!" They both cursed out loud. They were both shocked and baffled. They stared at the file icon for ages.

"What in the actual... L.joe hyung, are you seeing what im seeing?!"

"I never thought that Daehyun guy was up to something." L.joe clenched his fists tightly. "I think he's one of the agents who are out to get us." L.joe couldn't believe it himself. "It can't be..." Ricky croaked weakly in disbelief.

With a shaking hand, Ricky went to double click on the file. A voice read out from the laptop.

"Password needed. You have three tries."

-

"You can't tell anyone, okay?"

Daehyun nodded for the umpteen time. "I won't, I promise."

You and Daehyun were sitting at the bench near the playground. You had no mood to eat ice cream anymore. Daehyun too, wanted to hear your story and about Teen Top's past more than anything.

"I'm telling you this because I trust you."

Daehyun sighed. He felt pressurised. "Arrasso."

You decided to continue. "I..I was already an orphan when I was about six years old."

Daehyun's eyes widened. "Were you.. abandoned?"

You sadly nodded. "Yes, somehow. My parents ran away without me. They said I was a burden. From then I on decided to it up and live life like nothing happened. I wandered around the streets everyday. I stole food from stall owners when they weren't looking."

"But as days went on meaninglessly I began to realise something. I was alone with no friends. I knew no one else in this world. Then what was I living for? I had absolutely no reason to live, so I decided to not steal food anymore. I'll rather starve to death."

"No one would even care about me if i died anyway." You sighed.

Daehyun felt his heart grew heavy with remorse. Then he noticed your lips curving into a small smile. "Then something good happened?" Daehyun guessed. You nodded. "That was then," You whispered. "I met my saviors."

-

You finally collapsed onto the ground.

Too tired to get up. Too tired to care.

The night was freezing cold and you only wore a simple, thin shirt that you had wore for ages. You eyes slowly closed and your breathing became light.

You felt like you could sleep forever.

''This is it''. You thought. ''I'm finally dying.''  A single tear trickled down from your right eye and you hastily wiped it away. *Don't cry, Heeyoung.* You told yourself as more tears formed. U

Please log in to read the full chapter