Comfort

Living with Gangsters
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The 'nice' L had turned back into the expressionless one. 

You were surprised at how quickly he can change. He didn't meant it, the only reason why he was being like this because he was now aware of the fact that he was sitting beside the girl he liked, and his nervousness level just increased x1000.

You tried to strike up a conversation but L rarely replied and kept giving you awkward glances. "Uhm, you were very nice just now. It was very different from your usual cool image." 

*Really?* L tried to hide his smile. *She thinks I'm cool?"

"I liked the nice L better." You blurted out.

Confused, he frowned. "Nice L?"

"You were really kind just now. It was so different from now..." Upon hearing that, L groaned inwardly. *I bet she thinks I have a split personality.*

You gazed at him, concerned. "Are you okay?" He shook his head. "No, it's just that when I'm comfortable in front of a person, I turn into Myungsoo. I'll drop my cold facade and open up to the person. I'm only L to those that Im not familar with."

"So you're comfortable with me?"

L was stumped. *Did i just give myself away?* "Er, actually-"

"You know, I feel at ease with you around, too."

L did a double take. He slowly turned and stared at you.

"You're very different from the other gangsters. At first, you're the scariest member in Infinite to me. But after you gave me the warning the other day, and today, you saved me from those guys, my opinion of you has changed."

"You can be Myungsoo in front me, I don't mind at all. I actually like it better." You flashed him a grateful smile.

L's heart skipped a beat and he quickly looked away to calm himself down. 

"Oh yes!" You exclaimed, suddenly remembering your mission for today. "L, I need to ask you something." 

He was reluctant to face you again. His heart was beating so fast, blood was rushing to his head and he couldn't think properly.

Your smile literally took his breath away.

L struggled to breathe. He had never felt this way before. *Is this how people feel when they interact with the people they like?* L gulped. *What a horrible feeling.*

You were unaware of L's thoughts and blabbered on. You narrated to him the whole story from the start, how Daehyun enrolled in your school and went to your house assumingly for 'project', and how Teen Top wants to work together with Infinite.

After talking non-stop for 20 minutes, you finally took a long pause to recollect your facts and to see if you had left anything out.

L had been staring at the night sky all these while. He then shifted his gaze to you.

All he asked was a simple question.

 

"So the Daehyun guy used you to get closer to Teen Top?" 

You looked away, guilty. "Yeah."

His expression contorted into a threatening one. *That bastard.* L gritted his teeth. *Just wait until I get my hands on you.* 

"L..." You tried to divert the topic about Daehyun. "What do you think of Teen Top working together with Infinite?"

L frowned, in deep thoughts. "I don't think the Infinite members will agree. We were always at loggerheads with them. Always picking a fight with them... always insulting them.. why would Teen Top work with us anyway?"

"They need your skills." You tried to persuade him. "Infinite has good tracking and spying skills right?"

"I guess.'' L shrugged. "We could make good use of Teen Top's fighting skills too."

His thoughts drifted to the maknae of Infinite. Sungjong. It has been two weeks since he was abducted. L leaned foward, sighed and smoothed his tired face with his hands. 

Finding B.A.P's location takes time. L was worried if Sungjong could last until then.

*He must be tired.* Y

Please log in to read the full chapter