Chapter 2

Love in Mysterious Ways

Kim Chiu is a prep school teacher, lives with her sister Kam since they lost their parents. Kim has been the rock solid wall for her. Kam has always wanted her independence until the day she got pregnant and doesn't want to do anything with her boyfriend.. Kim had considered asking her to move out until she held her nephew in her arms.

Now dressed in her usual comfortable tight jeans and shirt instead of her sister's maid uniform, she is Kam in a double. Kam has been down with a flu and couldn't get any sick leave.

With bedsheets in her arms, Kim froze at the click of the front door. The words of her sister rings in her head, 'Don't let anyone see you, or I'll be fired!' 'No one has been in the house for donkey years, the agency just kept it intact and tidy, so i think, we're safe!'

She stood in silence and saw Gerald in his expensive suit, looking more tired, dark circles on his eyes evident. He looked up and said

'You can go now.' She stood immobile.

'Are you deaf?' 'You can finish everything tomorrow.'

Kim is known for her nurturing behaviour. Being a prep school teacher she have an A master for patience, used to defusing misdirected anger and of course tantrums. Kam used to say,'there are things better left alone, some things were simply not her business and nothing could go wrong.  Now she thinks this man in Gucci suit won't welcome her nurturing more than her sister did but of course it didn't stop Kim.

She placed the sheets in the hamper. 'Why don't you go upstairs and take a shower to freshen up?' 'I can top up the fridge for you.'

Gerald's head snapped to look at her, his back straightened. Kim caught her breath. 'OMG, he's so handsome!'

He cut the distance between them and stood his face just a few inches from her. She tipped her head back to look up to him, she can smell a hint of alcohol.

'You don't look like a model or what, did Fred arranged for this?'

With mouth gaping, she replied, 'You don't smell like you're a man in a Gucci, but I wasn't going to mention it!'