Chapter 11

Love in Mysterious Ways

     Gerald held up a photo of the two sisters together and was further impressed by Aldred - ADT's CEO. The physical description of the two women had similarities. Both had long, dark brown curls and light brown eyes and Gerald guessed that many men would have also found Kim's sister attractive. However, Kam is lean & sharp while Kim is lush & soft. The major difference between the two was their body language. Kim held herself straight and tall like a woman who proudly drove the speed limit. Her sister's body was stiff with a defiance which might have explained the awkward physical distance between the two.

     He scanned Kim's life history with deepening interest. The wholesome act might not have been an act at all. The woman everyone simply called Kim had taken on the responsibility of her sister after the death of her parents. She was a respected member of her community, a friend to many and a considerate neighbor. In the three pages of recorded interviews, there wasn't an unkind word about her.

     Nothing in her profile implied that she was anything but a school teacher who had covered for her sister for an evening; a teacher whose summer vacation had started a few days ago.

     Perfect.

     A sweet little teacher who had innocently told her neighbor how much trouble her sister would be in if the switch were revealed.

     Even better. This was almost too easy.

     With the reading of the will the next afternoon, he would be free as early as -

     A sudden thought struck Gerald. Why not bring her? Kim would make the perfect distraction. With her at his side, he doubted he would care what stipulations his father had written into his will or how volatile his sister became.

     Just thinking about her now was enough to get his blood rushing around. It also wouldn't hurt to let her see that he is so rich that being left out of his father's will is merely an annoyance. Yes, he'd bring her with him - make the unbearable situation tolerable and then take her to some ridiculously expensive penthouse in the city and show Miss School Teacher exactly what she'd been missing.