Chapter 12

Fate

Ever since Yoonmi saw Boyun and Dongho kiss she felt awkward being around Dongho. Boyun still did what she done for the past month. Abuse Yoonmi even though Dongho told her to stop. 

 

Yoonmi walked into the classroom, taking her seat beside Dongho. Her feeling awkward didn't help when she had to sit next to him. During class she tried her best to keep quiet. The teacher left to take a phone call. 

"Yoonmi?" Dongho asked. 

"What," She answered. 

"Are you ok? You haven't talked at all today,"

"I'm fine," Yoonmi tried to smile. Dongho didn't buy it.

"It is Boyun?" 

"No it's not that. I grown use it her harassing," Yoonmi said. 

"Then what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine," She snapped. Dongho nodded slowly and looked back at his book. After class Yoonmi went to her locker. Boyun was their leaning against the lockers. 

"What now Boyun?" Yoonm questioned.

"Dongho told me to stay away from you and so did your sister. I get your sister, but why Dongho? Are you two dating or something?" Boyun asked. 

"No were not. He talked to you?" Yoonmi questioned. 

"Yea. But I have one thing to say. Stay away from him or the rest of your high school life will be hell," Boyun threatend. She pushed Yoonmi against the lockers and walked away. Yoonmi sighed heavily. Heeyun walked up to her. 

"Hey i saw you and Boyun talking. What did she say?"

"Just that Dongho talked to her. Why would he do that?" Yoonmi asked. 

"To protect you," Heeyun smiled. 

"What? Yea right. He hates me and always will," Yoonmi said looking down at her backpack.

"I don't know. He seems to be into you," Heeyun smirked. 

"Yea right, but enough about that. Wanna hang out at the park after school?" Yoonmi asked. 

"Sure. My mom and dad are out today," Heeyun nodded. 

"Cool," Yoonmi smiled. School ended around 2:30 - 3:00. Yooonmi and Heeyun walked to the park while eating ice cream. They stopped at the bench and talked. 

"So exams are coming up and then summer!" Heeyun yelled. Yoonmi laughed at her friend's childish actions. 

"Yep and two months of no Boyun and her stupid friends," Yoonmi smiled. 

"What are you two talking about?" A voice said behind them. They turned around see Kevin and Dongho standing there. 

"Summer and no more Boyun," Heeyun smiled. 

"But then you have next school year," Kevin pointed out.

"I know, but I don't need to think about that. All i need to help on what to sing for the music exam," Yoonmi said. "Any suggestions?"

"How about "We Should We Finish" by Soyeon,"  Heeyun said. 

"Depressing much?" Yoonmi joked. 

"What about Airplane?" Kevin asked. 

"Not bad, but i'm not dancing,"

"Well how about Dear Mom," Dongho said. 

"I like that. What about you Yoonmi?" Heeyun asked. 

"I don't know," Yoonmi hestianted.

"Come on. The exam is on how much you relate to a song and Dear mom is a good pick," Heeyun explained.

"Yea, but it's about a daughter telling her mom that she will the daughter that she always wanted. And last time I checked my mom didn't want me," Yoonmi shot back. 

"Ok then. I got it Secret Garden," Heeyun smiled. "You love that song,"

"By Apink?"

"No the drama, yes by apink," Heeyun laughed. 

"I like that song too. You'll do fine and ace that exam," Kevin assured.

"So Dongho did you pick a song to sing?" Heeyun asked. 

"Yep Ukiss is singing in a group. We decided on Neverland," Dongho answered.

"Well good luck on it," Yoonmi quietly said. Dongho smiled a bit and nodded. 

Kevin saw the awkwardness between the two. He excused himself and left. A little later Yoonmi's phone went off says that she needed to get home. 

"I got to go. See ya tomorrow," She waved. Heeyun and Dongho waved back. 

"So Dongho when are you going to confess to Yoonmi?"

"Ehh?"

"Oh come on don't act like you don't like her," Heeyun smirked. 

"I don't like her," Dongho protested. 

"Sure, you don't. Why are you trying to hide it?" Heeyun asked. 

"I'm not i really don't like her," 

"Stop being so stubborn. You two are perfect for each other. It's like fate brought you two together," Heeyun explained. Dongho sighed knowing he lost this fight.

"Ok fine I like her, but don't tell her. If she finds out then Boyun will and that won't end up well," Dongho pleded. 

"Ok i won't tell her, but you have to," Heeyun said. 

"Ok i will but i'll wait after the exam," Dongho agreed. Heeyun nodded and left the park. Dongho stayed at the park, sitting on the bench. He thought about what he just agreed to do.

"Do i have to confess to her after the exam?" He thought.