Chapter 1

Fate

 

YoonMi walked through the school doors with her sister Yoona and her best friend HeeYun. YoonMi and HeeYun split from Yoona, as she went to her friends. YoonMi and HeeYun went to their lockers. There was the school’s kingka Dongho and his group U-Kiss.
 
“Yah, move it,” YoonMi yelled. Dongho looked at her boredly. 
“Ani,” He replied. HeeYun sighed as did YoonMi. They pushed U-Kiss out of the way and went to their lockers.
“Yah,” He yelled.
“What,” YoonMi asked innocently. Dongho rolled his eyes and went class. YoonMi and HeeYun followed behind since they had the same class. They sat down next to each other in their assign seat. The teacher came in.
“Ok we are going to have to move some people,” The Teacher said. Everyone in the class groaned.
“Ok umm Im YoonMi you are going to be sitting next to…….. Shin Dongho.
“What. Why,” YoonMi asked.
“Just go and sit,” The Teacher said pointing to the empty desk next to Dongho. YoonMi got her things and went to sit next to Dongho. She sat down and tried not to make eye contact with him
 
Dongho’s POV
“Im YoonMi sitting next to……… Shin Dongho,” The Teacher said. My head shot up.
“What waeyo,” She asked.
“Just go,” The Teacher said pointing to the spot next to me. She got her things, got up and sat down next to me. After she sat down people started to whisper.
“I believe the teacher put her next to him,” Someone said.
“I wonder if he knows about her mother,” Someone else said.
“Her mother?” I thought. I looked over at YoonMi to see her hand shaking. I shrugged it off not caring anymore. The rest of the hour went well. After the bell rang YoonMi and HeeYun left with each other. I left to see a bunch of girls surrounding them.
“Stay away from Dongho oppa,” A girl said to YoonMi.
“Don’t worry. She’ll probably drive him away like she did with her mom,” Another one said smirking.
“Shut up!” HeeYun shouted surprising everyone even me. “It wasn’t YoonMi fault that her mother left,”. Behind her was YoonMi with a blank face. We meet eyes for about three seconds then she looked away.
“HeeYun-shi,” She whispered
“Yea,” HeeYun answered.
“Ka-yo,” She replied
“Arsso,” HeeYun pouted. They walked away from the group. I followed them to the music room. They sat on the piano bench.
“Now what,” HeeYun asked.
“You don’t need to stand up for me,” YoonMi said.
“But you don’t do anything. I mean you act like is doesn’t bother you,” HeeYun explained.
“It does. It’s just that….. I don’t know. I mean I don’t do anything because I don’t like to show how I feel. I mean when was the last time you saw me upset or mad. YoonMi asked.
“Today,” HeeYun answered.
“Really? When?” YoonMi questioned.
“When Dongho was by our lockers,” HeeYun smirked.
“Well I am always like that with him and you know that,” YoonMi pointed out. “Other than that,”
“Then….never,” HeeYun replied
“Exactly,” YoonMi said. I walked in on them talking. They looked at me. YoonMi glaring while HeeYun just looked plainly at me.
“What do you want?” YoonMi asked.
“Nothing. I just want to know. Why are all the girls talking about you driving your mother away?” I asked. I saw YoonMi tense up then calm down. She got up and looked at me.
“You don’t need to know,” She snapped walking towards me. She motioned HeeYun to follow her. Before she could leave I grabbed her arm
“YoonMi. Why do you take it?” I asked.
“Huh,” She asked.
“Why do you ignore everything that they say,” I asked again
“Like I said. You don’t need to know,” She snapped and walked away. HeeYun looked at me then walked away.