Chapter 6

Kisses for Kevin Woo

  MONDAY MORNING.

Kevin rubbed his eyes as he struggled to wake up. As he sat up, he stretched his skinny arms and yawned. Kevin grabbed his iPhone underneath his pillow and saw he had 10 unread messages. 9 of them were from Kiseop. They were basically all "good morning" and "I love you" texts. One more message, but from who? He checked and it was from AJ. "Oh god, what does he want?" Kevin sighed. The text said, "Good Morning, Kevin!" Kevin looked at the text with a weird expression and thought, "Well this is odd.." He didn't want to be rude so he texted good morning back. Kevin got out of his bed and threw his phone on his bed. He went to his closet and picked out clothes and headed for the shower.

When he finished showering, he walked to his  bed and checked his phone again. "1 unread message from AJ: Did you sleep well? :D "
 

Kevin responded, "Yes, what about you?"

Right away, his phone vibrated to alert him, "Yup! Hey, are you busy today?"

"Nope! Why? Do you have something in mind?"

"Let's hang out, yeah? I have passes to Funday Dome!"

"Omo! Really? I never been there!"

"Well, now you have the opportunity to (:"

"Yay!"

"Okay, so I'll be at your house in 30 minutes? That should be enough time for you to get ready, right?"

"I'm already ready! :D"

"Oh great!  I guess I'll be there in 10."

Kevin grabbed his wallet and placed it in his back pocket. He fixed his hair a little bit and walked around his empty room. All of the sudden he gets a text from AJ saying, "I'm here! Come out ^_^" He ran out his room and flew out the house. He got into AJ's car and buckled his seatbelt quickly. Kevin looked over at AJ and noticed that he was smiling. "Why are you so happy, AJ?" Kevin asked.

"It's just funny how you ran out here." AJ continued smiling.

"I guess I'm too excited. Hehe, I heard Funday Dome is fun!"

"Well.. They call it Funday for a reason!" he giggled.

Kevin stared at AJ's face while he concentrated on the road. AJ's eyes had a dangerous vibe, which Kevin always liked about him. On the outside he looks like a bad guy, but once you understand him he's a total sweetheart.

"Kevin, stop staring at me. You're making me feel uncomfortable." AJ said as he shook Kevin's thighs.

Kevin looked away quickly. "Heh, sorry. I just really like your eyes.." He thought to himself, "That sounded so awkward."

AJ giggled and continued driving. The car was silent. The only thing you could hear was the cars passing and the engine rumbling. AJ decided to break the awkwardness by turning on the radio. Kevin sat quietly, folding his hands, and looking at the road. When he saw the colorful, bright sign that said, "WELCOME TO FUNDAY DOME" he wowed with amazement. It was his first time, and he was just so excited to go. They got out the car and Kevin ran to the enterance.

"Kevin! Wait up! You can't go in without the pass!" AJ yelled.

Kevin waited for him to walk to the entrance. "Hey! You're walking slower and slower each step! You're doing this on purpose!" he complained. Kevin ran to AJ, held his hand and pulled him to the line. They gave the cashier the pass and walked in, still holding hands.

"There are so many choices! What should we ride on first?" Kevin's voice cheered with excitement.

"Depends how big of a chicken you are!"

"Hey, I'm not a chicken!" he gave a little push to AJ's shoulder.

"Let's go on that rollercoaster first!" AJ pointed with his long fingers.

They continued walking around and riding rides. Today was full of fun, screams, laughter, and embarssment. It started to become dark, and the dome was getting ready to close. Workers were shutting down the rides, and people were making their way to the exit. Kevin had his arm locked onto AJ as they exited. When they got the car, AJ opened Kevin's door and a led his arm to his seat. He shut the door and walked to his side of the car. 

"So, did you had fun?" AJ asked smiling while driving.

"Noo, it was so boring!" Kevin said with a sarcastic tone.

"Fine, I guess I won't ever take you here again."

"Ani! I was just joking."

"I didn't find it very funny."

"B-b-but I was just--"

"I know Kevin. I was playing around." AJ laughed. "Oh god. Bu-bu-but."

"You're so mean!" he pushed him to his door.

AJ started swerving the car purposely. "Kevin! You want to die? Has anyone ever told you not to mess with a driver? This is going to be my second time in the hospital in a week! You better watch it!"

"AJ."Kevin said with a whiny voice.

AJ arrived at Kevin's house and parked outside. He walked Kevin to his door and stood there for a little.

"Well thank you for today. I had lots of fun!" Kevin said.

"You're welcome. We should do this more often."

Kevin nodded. He placed his hand on the door nob and twisted it. Just right when he opened the door, he slowly turned to AJ. "I have a question for you."

"Hm?"

"Why did you ever bully me? and why are you so nice to me all of the sudden?"

AJ took a deep breath. As he exhaled, he can see the fog coming out of his mouth. "The reason why I bullied you was because I couldn't get over the breakup. It was just so humiliating for me. And when I came back, I thought people would remember me as "the tough guy who got dumped by little Kevin" so I didn't want that image. Look, Kevin. I am truely sorry. The reason why I'm being nice is that I can't gain respect from being a jerk. I want to change. I miss hanging out with you. I want to gain our friendship back. You inspire me, Kevin. Even though I hurted you, you still came to that hospital to see me."

Kevin looked at AJ's eyes. AJ was serious. "I inspire you?" Wow. AJ we are chingus!" He beamed a smile.

"Kevin, now I have a question for you. It happened long ago, but I'm still a little curious why you broke with me. I got over it, I just want to know why."

"Uhm.." he looked around. "I just didn't feel anymore interest. And our relationship was already going down the drain. We fought almost every night. It was extremely hard for me."

"Ah, I see. Hehe, thank you for being honest."

"You're welcome."

Before Kevin took a step into the house, he gave AJ a long, tight hug. They both said their goodbyes and left. Kevin took a nice, warm shower and went through his closet. He felt a box on the top shelf, but he couldn't reach it. He got a stool and pulled the box down. He took the blue, cardboard box to his bed. Kevin opened up the box and saw a bunch of pictures, letters, small toys and accessories.. They were all from AJ. As Kevin looked though the pictures, he smiled at those happy moments he was with AJ. He found one of his favorite picture and framed it on his wall. Kevin placed the box under his bed and fell asleep.


Alichia: Did you enjoy it? I hope so!


JAEVIN~