Chapter 1

Kisses for Kevin Woo

    The weather is nice and cold outside. Everyone is passing eachother down the school hall way making there way to class.

RIIIINNNGGG!

  The school bell rang and everyone is rushing to their seat. Kevin and Eli sat next to each other in the back of the classroom. The teacher entered the classroom and demanded the students to sit down. He was tall, bald, and looked like he was in his late 50's He walked towards his desk and picked up a sheet of paper.

    " Good morning class. Today we have a new student joining us today. He went here when he was a freshmen but then moved after sophomore year. I'm pretty sure most of you would remember him." the teacher announced.

   The guys in the class didn't care much,they just continued doing whatever they were doing. On the other hand, the girls were whispering to each other, " I heard the new student is handsome, tall and rich!"  They were trying to look out the door to see who it was. A few seconds later, a tall guy walked in shyly.

  " Introduce yourself." the teacher demanded.

  " Annyeong. I'm Kim Jaeseop, but call me AJ." said a tall guy with a deep voice.

   Kevin's eyes widened all of the sudden.  

   "Are you okay Kev?" Eli nudged him.

   "Why is he back..?" Kevin responded.

 Eli looked up at the front of the classroom. He remembered AJ clearly. AJ and Kevin dated during freshman year. Ever since Kevin called the relationship off, AJ started acting like a jerk. Things got worse during sophomore year. AJ actually stared bullying Kevin. For that year, Kevin feared everyday that AJ would hurt him. Kevin got lucky for junior year; AJ had transfered to a different school, but he's back this year..

 "Grab a seat." the teacher said.

  As AJ was looking for a seat, many people greeted him and asked him how he was doing. Of course, who wouldn't remember the school's biggest bully? When he sat down, he started to look around the classroom. While AJ looked around, he and Kevin met eyes. AJ gave a little smile and looked away.

 "Oh my gosh.. I'm gonna die this year.." Kevin thought to himself.

 "Dude, are you okay?" Eli worried. 

 "Here Kevin." a student whispered and handed a Kevin a  note.

 Kevin opened the note quietly, wondering who it's from. The note said:

"DEAR KEVIN,

I'm really sorry for what I ever did to you.

I was just so upset because you dumped me.

I am truely sorry.

Can we probably talk after school and catch up on things?

I hope we can be really good friends.

- AJ"

  Kevin thought to himself. He looked at AJ and AJ looked back with a small smile. Kevin nodded and agreed on meeting AJ after school. Eli took the note from Kevin and read it. He looked a bit confused and wondered if AJ actually changed.

 Eli and Kevin were one of the first to get out of school early. When the bell rang, the door bursted open with students running out. Kevin and Eli waited near the closes bush to the door. They saw AJ getting out.  Kevin was actually looking foward into meeting the "new AJ" but Eli had a suspicious feeling towards AJ. 

  " Hi AJ!" Kevin cheered and waved.

 AJ walked faster and faster towards them. "Let's talk near the back building, yeah? It's so loud here!" he complained.

 As they walked to the back building, Eli started to worry. What if AJ didn't change? What if he's putting on an act? He knew how tricky AJ was.

 "So how are things going, AJ? Kevin asked with a smile.

 "Ah shut up." AJ replied with the rudest responce.

 Kevin was shocked. "Hey, what's up with the attitude?" Eli asked.

 AJ chuckled, " you really thought I changed didn't you, Kevin? I only wanted to finish what I started." He started walking closer to Kevin.

  Eli scooted Kevin away from AJ and protected him. Eli's biggest fear was Kevin getting hurt.

  "Move out the way!" AJ demanded with anger.

 "NO!" Eli argued.

 AJ got irratated and pushed Eli to a tree and down to the ground with a sprained arm. Eli wanted to scream in pain, but nothing came out. AJ fist was aiming Eli.

 "Stop it! Don't touch him! Hit me instead!" Kevin shouted with a tear falling down his cheek.

 "What the hell are you doing Kevin!?!" Eli didn't want to see his bestfriend  brother get hurt.

"Hey. Wasn't that the plan in the first place Kevin?" AJ raised his eyebrow.

AJ rose his fist high, about to hit Kevin. But then someone seperated them apart.

"Stop (boy in the name of love~)  !" who said that..? He had nice, brown hair and his arms were well-built. It was Lee Kiseop. "Why are you starting a fight with someone who can't defend themself? How does it make you look stronger or cooler? Huh?" he defended Kevin.

 AJ was pissed, alright. "You got lucky today, Kevin." He grabbed his back-pack and ran off.

 "Are you guys okay?" Kiseop seemed worried. He was never really into violence.

They both nooded. As they were walking to the front of the school, Eli was still in deep pain and Kevin was crying. Kevin was terrified, this was his first time he almost got into a fight. AJ was the type of bully that would hurt you with words, not a physical bully. Later on, Kiseop took Eli to the hospital to get his armed checked with Kevin. Luckily, Eli just had a sprained wrist. Kiseop drove each of them home, so he can make sure nothing bad would happen to them.

Later on that night, Kevin got an anonymous text message.

"Kevin, why are you sooo whimpy and useless?" "Why can't you ever defend yourself?"

Kevin had a very good feeling on who it was. Kevin called the number and AJ picked up. Kevin started to rage," WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE? WHY CAN'T YOU JUST JUMP OFF A CLIFF AND DIE? DIG A WHOLE FOR YOURSELF AND ROLL IN IT. NOBODY EVEN LIKES YOU, SO DO EVERYONE THAT FAVOR." Kevin hung up the phone and started to cry. When Kevin is upset he cries, and takes a jog to releave his stress. He started to run to the park, and he ran faster and faster. He had finally stopped at a tree, and decided to cry there.

 "Kevin? Is that you? Are you okay?" a voice came from the side. Kevin looked up and it was Kiseop.

Kevin nodded. Kiseop sat next to Kevin and tried to comfort him. "You know, I can't really help you if you don't tell me what the probalem is?" Kiseop giggled. Kevin looked at Kiseop and smiled. "I raged at AJ and now I feel so guilty. I don't think I should've shouted.." Kevin said.

"It's okay. We all make mistakes. The reason why mistakes are made is so we can learn from them." Kiseop gave words of wisdom.

Kevin stared into Kiseop's eyes, and went closer to him. Kiseop leaned in closer too and kissed him.

Standing from afar was Eli. He had a cast on his left arm and a dozen of roses for Kevin on his right arm. He put down the roses on the floor and left the park.