Chapter 9 : Throw It Away, Forget Yesterday, We'll Make A Great Escape

Falling For You

"They picked the right place." Yifan grinned as soon as he stepped out of the car driven by their manager. Zitao followed suit, putting on his shades as he nodded, attaching himself to Yifan's side. Everyone knew that Zitao followed Yifan if baekhyun was not there, because Yifan was literally like Zitao's older brother.

At least that was what Zitao felt. Yifan felt something else. Something more powerful.

"Let's go and purchase the tickets, Yifan-ge." Zitao mumbled.

Yifan turned to him, a delighted expression on his flawless face. Really, Yifan's face was flawless. His features all stood out, especially his eyes. There was just something about Yifan you could never resist. "What did you call me?"

"Yifan-ge?" Zitao frowned. "Didn't you say that you'd like me calling you gege better?"

"Yes, yes.." Yifan beamed, pinching both of Zitao's cheeks as he took out his wallet. "You're just adorable. It sounds really nice when you call me that."

"Are you paying for me?"

"Definitely."

"Thanks, gege, that's why I listened to you and called you gege in the first place." Zitao looked at his nails casually, trying not to laugh at Yifan's frustrated face. "Do you want me to contact the others?"

"Er, no." Yifan shook his head as he took the tickets from the attendent. "They probably went in pairs anyway, Zitao, think about it. 12 gorgeous boys going in together? That's going to attract a lot of attention."

Zitao clicked his tongue, taking his own ticket as the pair proceeded to the entrance. "You think too highly of yourself, Yifan, but your self-confidence is worth learning from too. Just don't let it get to your head."

"Oh, don't be silly." Yifan blushed, embarrassed. Zitao actually thought he was serious. He didn't want Zitao to think that he was an arrogant and extremely self-confident person. Although Yifan never once doubted his good looks, he was afraid Zitao might not like it. "I was just kidding."

"It wasn't very funny, honestly speaking."

"You always ruin the mood, you know that?" Yifan sighed, but flinched when he saw Zitao's expression change. "No, no, I don't mean it that way! Ah.., forget it." 

"If you wish, duizhang, I will call someone else to be your partner for today. I have no wish to ruin your mood, neither do I wish for you to ruin my mood." Zitao whipped out his mobile phone, while Yifan bit his bottom lip. Yifan never intended for this to happen, he wanted to spend the rest of today, the rest of his life with Zitao, but somehow he said the wrong things again and he screwed up. Again.

"Baekhyun hyung? Where are you now? ... Ah, you're in the queue for the merry-go-round? ... Yes, we are at the entrance right now... It's alright, then, we will meet up later. Enjoy yourself, hyung." Then Zitao chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm a grown man, I will take care of myself. You take care of yourself too."

Yifan felt like he had been shot and stabbed and bitten all at once. He wanted Zitao to talk to him this way too, casual, carefree, like they were close. Not this stiff Zitao who was so sensitive. 

"I am sorry, duizhang, but Baekhyun hyung is not free to partner me for today. We are left with each other, but I hope to still have fun." Zitao informed Yifan in a flat tone, and Yifan sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger.

"Don't be silly, Zitao, you know I want to partner you."

"You do?"

"Of course I do!" Yifan snapped, grabbing Zitao's hand and marching into the amusement park. "So, what do you want to ride first?"

"There is just one thing I am dying to go on... but I'm not sure if I should say it." Zitao mumbled, his eyes darting from place to place, checking out the attractions excitedly. Yifan was pleased to see a kiddy side of Zitao, the side he wanted Zitao to have in front of him. A pure one. A side that only Yifan  got to see.

"What is it?"

"The ferris-wheel. Don't judge me."

"You know what?" Yifan grinned. "Me, too."

 


 

"You need to stop cheating others, Jong-dae." Minseok rolled his eyes as the younger male bounced up and down happily, two new items in his arms. A small pink strawberry soft toy and a cute white puppy in the other.

"I'm going to give this pup to Baekhyun since he loves puppies so much, and the strawberry shall go to..." Jong-dae thought hard. He had went through great pains to obtain both items. Since he was a horrible gamer, and Minseok was... ah let's just spare him the shame, Jong-dae had to use his gilb tongue to convince the lady-owner to give him the soft toys. He had meant to pay for it, but in the end she had ended up so flattered she gave it to him. For free.

That went better than expected.

"I think I'll keep the strawberry." Jong-dae concluded, kissing it fondly as he looked around excitedly, his cap almost covering his eyes. Minseok rolled his eyes.

"And I don't get any? Seriously? Call yourself a friend of mine, Jong-dae, especially what we've been through in China. Not knowing anyone, not knowing how to speak Chinese, and yet I was the one who was always there to support you, to give you encouragement, to motivate you to learn Chinese. What, now you're better than me at Chinese, you just throw me aside? Throw me aside like I'm some kind of meaningless rag doll? I'm so disappointed in you, jong-dae, my heart hurts!" Minseok whined. His plan was working. Watching Jong-dae's expression change to a guilty one, he kept up with his pitiful act.

"Fine! You can have the strawberry! Baozi will go to Baekhyun!"

"Baozi?" Minseok cocked his head questioningly.

"Yes, Baozi!"

It took a few seconds to realize Jong-dae had named the puppy after Minseok. Baozi.

"Kim Jong-Dae." Minseok looked at Jong-dae with an evil grin. "You need to vanish from this world. Now. And I will make that happen."

Jong-dae just rolled his eyes. "Baozi ah, let's go. Let's go on the rides!"

"I mean it, I will kill you with my own hands. First, I will strangle you. Then, I will chew you up, yes, don't look at me, I will then slice you and stuff you into me. I'm a baozi, remember? I'll be an orange-flavored Baozi!"

"You deserve an award for being the most WTF person of the year." 

"Thanks."

"So what shall we go on? What do you want?"

"Uhm.. the water ride."

"You know what? Great minds think alike."

"Do not insult me, orange."

"Shut up before I ask Baozi to bite you."

"He wouldn't dare to." Minseok said smugly, looking at the puppy in Jong-dae arms. "Because we're the same type. Baozis."

"I don't know what to say anymore."

"I love you too."

 

*Chen also means orange in chinese

 


".. Seriously, Sehun?" Luhan rolled his eyes. They were on one of the ferris wheel's capsules, and they were half-way to the peak. For someone like Luhan, it was awfully boring and slow.

"Isn't it fun for you, Luhan?" Sehun beamed. They were sitting on opposite sides, Sehun happily staring out. "Don't you feel like you're leaving all your troubles down there? Till we reach the starting point again, you don't have to worry about anything. We're safe now. At least for now."

"Its boring."

"You need to learn to appreciate everything!" Sehun laughed, settling down as he crossed his ankles. Luhan had removed his cap the moment they entered, and Sehun knew it was because Luhan really hated wearing caps.

"Isn't that Zitao and Yifan?" Luhan's eyes widened as he looked out for the first time, and the capsule beneath them seemed to be carrying those two people he knew.

"Really?" Sehun squealed, looking down as well. "Oh, it is!"

Luhan started laughing, his hand over his mouth as his shoulders shook. "I never knew they had this side! The two most manly males in EXO, ferris wheel!!"

Sehun joined in laughing, and slowly Luhan started to cheer up.

"You're right, Sehun." Luhan mumbled, letting out a happy sigh as their capsule reached the peak. It stopped for a while. "Its beautiful from up here."

Sehun's vibrating phone interrupted whatever the maknae was going to say, and Sehun answered it. "Hello, Jongin hyung? ... Yes, I'm with Luhan on the ferris wheel..."

"Damn you kid, why can't you call me hyung.." Luhan muttered under his breath, kicking Sehun's shin. Hard.

"Ah, really? Kris and Tao hyung are near us too, I'll inform them and we'll go over together!" The moment Sehun hung up, his face twisted in pain as he kicked Luhan's shin back. Twice as hard. "That hurts!"

Luhan growled, and kicked Sehun's shin. Twice. Thrice as hard. And then a childish leg-kicking fight begun between the both of them, the amazing view already forgotten as they concentrated on kicking each other. So it must have been a sight when the door automatically opened again, and Luhan put on his cap, avoiding eye-contact with the queue that witnessed the two of them childishly kicking each other like that.

"Jongin hyung wants all of us to go over to the middle. He said there's a red tent and there's something we must play.." Sehun talked to Luhan normally, as if nothing had happened. But that didn't mean Luhan wasn't pissed at the kid. 

Yes, Luhan's temper was that bad.

"Yifan hyung! Tao hyung!" Sehun waved excitedly as he watched the two older members get off. They were rather surprised to see him, but still they waved back, Yifan smiling. "Jongin hyung wants us to gather at the tent in the middle. Let's go!"

"What for?" Zitao asked quietly, walking towards them.

"I don't know, but if its Jongin hyung, it must be something fun."

 


 

"WHAT?!" Baekhyun screamed so loudly even passer-bys outside were startled. Chanyeol immediately put his hand over Baekhyun's mouth.

"Shush!"

"Mhmmmf!" Baekhyun tried speaking, but it came out muffled. He glared at the tall rapper before Chanyeol dropped his hands, smiling sheepishly. "Luhan and Sehun like each other?!"

"You guys don't happen to be.. you know.. against gays, right?" Kyungsoo asked, shooting a nervous look at Jongin.

"NO!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol shouted at the same time.

"Course not, Kyungie, don't even worry." Chanyeol patted Kyungsoo's shoulder. 

"Yeah, we suspect that they like each other. At least I guess Luhan does. But then again, we're just suspecting, so we're going to use this chance to prove it." Jongin explained.

Chanyeol just kept nodding, his eyes wide as he stared at Baekhyun. How could he be against gays, when he himself was soooo in love with byun baekhyun?

"So what are we gonna do?" Baekhyun's eyes sparkled.

"You know the King game?" Jongin grinned. "This is based on luck, and kyungsoo and I want to bring our exo couples to a higher level."

"Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. Kyungsoo just blushed.

"YOLO GUYS I'M HERE." Jong-dae literally screamed out the announcement of his arrival as he waved excitedly at the members. If you didn't know any better, you would have thought that Jong-dae was seeing them again after a very long while. "AWW BAEKHYUN AH I GOT SOMETHING FOR YA!"

Minseok rolled his eyes. So did Chanyeol.

Jong-dae galloped over to Baekhyun, handing him the puppy. "I got you this!"

"SO ADORABLE!!" Baekhyun squealed, squeezing the puppy at once as he passed his bunny to Chanyeol (chanyeol wasn't planning to return it once he got his hand on ChanBaek. That's right, the bunny's name is Chanbaek. Baekhyun named it Baekyeol, and Chanyeol named it Chanbaek).

"Isn't it? Its name is Baozi!" Jong-dae announced proudly, and Minseok face-palmed.

"And my bunny's name is BaekYeol!" Baekhyun grinned, pointing at the bunny in Chanyeol's arms. "Give it back to me, Chanyeol!"

"NO!"

"Oh my God you guys are damn childish." That was Joonmyeon's first sentence as he stepped in with Yixing, the both of them holding a cup of pink cotton candy each. There was a painting of a yellow butterfly on Joonmyeon's left cheek and a painting of a unicorn on Yixing's. 

"Says the one who looks like a kid right now." Jong-dae argued back. "You look hideous by the way."

"I tried to get him to choose the unicorn too. He wouldn't listen." Yixing chuckled, pointing at his own cheek.

"You look hideous too, Yixing." Jong-dae informed him, and Joonmyeon burst out laughing.

"We should just form the hideous club, Yixing!"

"EXO-K, how did you guys survive with this leader? You know what? I always had this theory that a guy can remain childish.. until he reaches the age of 20. But after meeting Joonmyeon, my theory is gone.. forever. I don't know if he's really a retard or faking it, but either way, he's a true retard."

"Hey hey hey, Yixing, now did you forget that time when — " Joonmyeon began, but was cut off by Yixing.

"LALALALA I DON'T HEAR A WORD YOU SAY!"

"What is going on?" Yifan entered first, followed by Zitao, then Sehun and finally Luhan. All four of them were unsmiling, which kind of brought down the atmosphere. Jongin gulped nervously.

"I just realized we forgot to tell others our plan." Jongin whispered into Kyungsoo's ear, and kyungsoo's eyes grew wider than ever.

"KRISSSSSSSSSSSSS!" Chanyeol flung himself onto Kris, hugging the tall leader tightly. "You have no idea what I've been through with Baekhyun!"

"PARK CHANYEOL! WHAT DID I DO TO YOU THIS TIME?!" Baekhyun shook his fist at Chanyeol, and Chanyeol pretended to cry into Kris's shirt.

"YOLO!" Jong-dae just decided that it was an appropriate time to shout that out.

Tao went to Baekhyun's side quickly (with Kris staring the entire time), smiling. "Baekhyun hyung."

"Hey there zitao! How was your day?" Baekhyun grinned, messing up Zitao's hair. "Too bad we can't be partners today.."

"Too bad we can't be partners today, Chanyeol." Kris said loudly, still staring at Zitao.

"Actually, I'm okay with Baekhyun too." Chanyeol pouted. "Don't separate me and bacon."

"Are you guys done?" Minseok sighed.

"What are we doing here?" Sehun asked. "There's nothing in this tent."

"Ah." Kyungsoo began. "You see, today is a bonding day for EXO right? So, Jongin decided to play a game."

"Me and Kyungsoo!" Jongin interrupted.

"Yes, yes, whatever." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at Jongin. "We're going to play the King game!"

"Not again?"

"What the hell."

"I'm out of here."

"GUYS!" Joonmyeon shouted. "Just a while please?"

"Aww thanks leader." Kyungsoo blew a flying kiss at the leader who winked back.

"Did you guys prepare the tools?" Yixing asked.

"Uh, we bought poker cards from a stall. It works too right?" Jongin fumbled around with his bag until he took out a new set of poker cards.

"Okay, I'm actually excited. Let's start! Let's sit in a circle!" Baekhyun plopped down on the ground, cross-legged. Zitao followed. Chanyeol pulled Kris over and sat down beside Baekhyun as well. Jong-dae chose his seat beside Zitao and Minseok beside Jong-dae. Yixing bumped his shoulder against Kris's when he sat down, and Joonmyeon purposely accidentally step on Yixing's foot before settling down. Kyungsoo and Jongin both squealed quietly as Sehun grabbed Luhan's wrist, pulling him down beside him. Kyungsoo joined in the circle beside Luhan, and then as some sort of grand finale, Jongin threw his hands in the air before sitting down.

"I took out 12 cards, and there's only 1 king here." Jongin started to shuffle the playing cards. "I don't need to explain any further, do I?"

"Course not, captain obvious." Chanyeol grinned.

Then he distributed the cards. Each member took it, all silent now as they checked their own cards. Then Jong-dae jumped up, looking very smug.

"I'M THE KING! YOLO!"

"Oh ." Minseok groaned. "Damn you jongin."

"Our empire is going to collapse in the hands of this idiot." Sehun agreed.

"Jong-dae, this is the list. I've written down the cards we distributed." Jongin handed Jong-dae a piece of small note-paper, and Kyungsoo smiled at how attentive his boyfriend was.

"ALRIGHTY." Jong-dae smirked. "Ten of Spades and Six of Hearts. I want the both of you to... go out and your hips for 10 seconds."

The entire group remained silent. Obviously no one was willing to own up.

"If nobody owns up, it becomes 20 seconds." Jong-dae warned.

Slowly, Zitao and Joonmyeon raised their hands. And then the entire EXO died laughing.

~*~

By the time it reached Jongin's turn to be KING, the group had already completed ridiculous dares. Zitao and Joonmyeon hip ing (Jong-dae), Yifan and Baekhyun pole-dancing (Yixing), Chanyeol and Yixing going out of the tent to have a fight (Sehun), Kyungsoo and Sehun each other's neck (dared by Chanyeol, which resulted in a VERY VERY angry Jongin and a grumpy Luhan), and finally Yifan and Minseok prank-calling each other's parents (Kyungsoo). Only Luhan hadn't been called, and Luhan was getting smug about it. But Jongin had a plan, of course, Looking at Kyungsoo, he grinned, showing his teeth.

Kyungsoo coughed 3 times, and then rubbed his eyes. Three of Hearts. Now that he knew Luhan's card, he just had to guess Sehun's card correctly. Please, heaven...

"Three of Hearts," Luhan's body stiffened, "and uhm.. six of spades!"

Jackpot.

Sehun and Luhan both looked like frozen forms.

"I want the both of them to.. kiss."

"Woah, that's a hot dare!" Jong-dae wolf-whistled, and Kyungsoo giggled. 

"And six of spades must look like he's enjoying it. So, who are you two?" Jongin pretended to look around, and Sehun sighed before his hand came up first. Then Luhan raise his too.

"But hyung!" Sehun whined. "Look at my face! I thought everyone knew I had an illness?"

"ILLNESS? SEHUN, SINCE WHEN?!" Joonmyeon freaked out.

"Its called the stone-face illness, hyung.." Sehun sighed.

"I don't care. Just do it!" Jongin shouted. 

"Luhan, is that fine..?" Sehun mumbled, looking at the older Chinese. Luhan rubbed his face defeatedly before nodding. "I'll try to get this over quickly.."

"Just do it, sehun." Luhan breathed, shifting his position to face Sehun. "Lets get it over and done with, or they'll call us wimps for the rest of our lives."

"O- okay.." 

 


 

A/N ; A RUSHED UPDATED TODAY BECAUSE EXO WON THE BEST NEW ASIAN ARTIST AWARD <3 CONGRATS MY 12 PRECIOUS BABIES <3 the hunhan moment on stage during the speech was just :*. And chanyeol nodding at everything Kris said. Can Chanyeol even understand xD Haha. Glad that the fanwar between exotics and babys didn't happen after all, and looking forward to EXO's comeback in December! (A confirmed news). BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT <3 WE ARE ONE!

Promised Hunhan  in the next update! 

Ps; title was taken from a line of Boys Like Girls' 'The Great Escape'.

Enjoy xoxo

WHILE I DIE IN A CORNER BECAUSE OF CHANBAEK 

WHY THANK YOU TOO, HUNHAN, FOR MAKING MY FEELS FLY EVERYWHERE