Chapter 6 : I Want To Trust You

Falling For You

"So we have a deal, Luhan?"

"...Yes."

 


Sehun broke into a wide grin as he scribbled down his answer to the last and final question, just before the 3AM alarm went off. Luhan was certainly a strict math tutor, with him, there was no break at all. Although Luhan was gentle while teaching, he was also firm and Sehun felt like he was going to top the entire nation in maths because of Luhan. Oh, and Luhan made use of that to order Sehun around too. "Sehun ah, run down to the store and get me a bottle of coke," "Sehun ah, go cook instant noodles for me", "Sehun ah, get up and turn on the air-con, I'm warm."

Sehun's secret? Sehun's been doing everything without complaining and much less grumbling. In fact, he was starting to treat it as something he should do. After all, Luhan helped him a lot in mathematics. 

"Luhan, I'm done." Sehun announced happily. Luhan who was lying on the bed reading a book, glanced up briefly.

"Wonderful. Now bring your paper here."

Sehun nodded and moved over to Luhan obediently with his list of maths problems.

"The answer sheet is outside, at the living room, in the cabinet where Jongin keeps his video games. Go get it and come back here. Hurry."

... Something was definitely wrong with Sehun if he was used to being ordered around by Luhan. Still, he went out to the cold living room, digging the cabinet until he found the answer sheet Luhan was talking about. Sehun twitched nervously as Luhan marked the paper, because if he did not get more than 75 marks, Luhan would make him do another paper. And that meant less sleep-time. Unlike his nervous body, Sehun made sure his poker-face stayed on as he looked down at Luhan's white legs.

"Good night."

"Huh?" Sehun blinked.

"You got 85. Good night." Luhan said again, yawning himself as he closed his own book and put it aside, pulling the covers over himself. "Good job too, maknae."

Sehun could only manage to find his voice back after a few seconds. "Ah... thank you, hyung."

"Off the light when you're done, and make it fast, I can't sleep well with lights on."

"Yes, hyung." Sehun responded immediately by turning off the light so that the room was in pitch-darkness. Could sehun see? No. Did he care? No. Why? Because Luhan couldn't sleep well with the lights on. Feeling his way, Sehun entered the toilet and brushed his teeth in a hurry, his eyes already half-closed. Then he felt his way back to the bed again sleepily, trying his best not to wake the lump underneath the blanket they shared.

Usually Luhan took the blanket, since Sehun wasn't used to covering himself with a blanket. And because Luhan was scared of the cold. Sehun had to admit that he now knew Luhan a whole lot better after being room-mates with him for over a week, and other than Luhan ordering him around which Sehun did not really like (but still did it anyway), Luhan was actually a nice guy.

Sehun was just drifting off to sleep when he felt someone pat his shoulder.

"Hun ah.."

"What.." A groan slipped out of Sehun's mouth, feeling annoyed that someone had disturbed his precious sleep.

"I'm really hungry." Luhan's quiet voice. He pulled the whining sleepy Sehun up. "Listen!"

"What?"

"Can you hear it?" Luhan cocked his head, looking innocent. Sehun rolled his eyes, but he did not hear anything.

"I don't hear anything, hyung."

"Liar!" Luhan flicked Sehun's forehead. "Can't you hear my stomach? Its growling so loudly. Go cook me rice before my stomach wakes Jongin and Kyungsoo."

"What?!" Sehun slapped his own face. "Hyung, I'm exhausted. I'm beyond exhausted. I'm very extremely super exhausted."

"And look at my face, hun." Luhan said gently. Sehun's heart skipped a beat as he looked up at the older male's face. "Do i look like I care?"

"... Fine."

And so an angry Sehun got out of bed, not as sleepy anymore as he pushed open the door. Imagine kyungsoo or jongin walking into the kitchen to find him cooking at 2AM, how stupid would that be? Humming, Sehun grabbed the rice cooker and scooped rice grains into it, then added water. Just before he the rice-cooker, Luhan came into the kitchen.

"Sehun ah," Luhan looked over the taller male's shoulder at the red rice-cooker kyungsoo bought. "Add more water. I hate it when my rice is hard, soft rice are more chewy."

"If i add anymore, hyung, it'd become porridge."

"It won't." Luhan chuckled, and added some more water himself before turning on the rice-cooker. "Do we have kimchi in the fridge?"

Sehun quickly opened the fridge to find it empty. "No. Empty."

"Damn." Luhan sighed. "No side-dishes? That just.. ." Then he turned to Sehun. "Sehun ah, could you—"

"No." Sehun answered firmly, pursing his lips as he pointed at the rice-cooker. "This is my last errand."

"But you didn't even finish hearing what i wanted to say!" Luhan protested but Sehun covered his own ears, shaking his head stubbornly. The older male laughed at that sight of Sehun acting so much like a little kid. But he continued talking, knowing very well that Sehun could hear him. "I was going to say, go wake Jongin and Kyungsoo and ask if they want to share, I'll order and treat."

The taller of the two's eyes widened in delight as he rushed off to Kyungsoo's room, and Luhan shook his head again, chuckling as he turned off the rice-cooker. Maybe he could eat the rice in the afternoon.

 


"Jongin.." Kyungsoo stretched as he got into bed where Jongin was already half-asleep, hugging a bolster. Hearing his boyfriend and feeling his presence on the bed, Jongin immediately let go of the bolster as he turned to face Kyungsoo, putting his arm around the smaller male and pulling him close to him so he could cuddle with kyungsoo.

"I feel like we aren't working hard enough, hyung." Jongin mumbled, his lips pressed against Kyungsoo's warm neck.

Kyungsoo Jongin's soft hair, closing his eyes. "Why do you say that? And what did I say about calling me hyung when we're alone?"

"Well, Kyungsoo.. Luhan hyung and Sehun seem to be working really hard.. when i went out at 1AM just now, Sehun's light was still on.." Jongin sighed, softly placing a kiss on kyungsoo's neck before moving back and looking at him with puppy eyes. "Do you think we need to work harder?"

This was Kyungsoo's first time seeing Jongin insecure. The Jongin he knew was a confident , which although got annoying at times, but that made Jongin attractive as hell. Slowly, Kyungsoo pulled Jongin back towards him as he ran his hand up and down Jongin's back, trying to comfort him. "Mathematics is.. a more difficult subject as compared to English. And jongin, your english isn't all that bad. I thought you were terrible at it when Suho hyung first asked me to tutor you, but turns you you're a B student. I just need to help you get your A, and at this rate, we're going to be able to do it. Don't worry too much and just go to bed."

"But kyungsoo.. Kris hyung is much better than you at English, why didn't Suho hyung ask him to tutor me instead? Do you think Suho hyung knows something?"

Kyungsoo laughed, playfully slapping Jongin's backside as he cupped the adorable boy's face, looking at him lovingly. "Did you forget Kris hyung knows about us? I bet he made Suho hyung arrange that. I don't know how, but somehow. And us, Jongin.." Kyungsoo squeezed his cheeks. "We're going to work out too. I don't know how, but somehow.."

"I love you, hyung." Jongin suddenly burst, his face becoming red. "I love you so much."

Kyungsoo blushed in response, but already Jongin's voice was sending a warm fuzzy feeling that spread throughout his body. It started at his toes, then moved up until his entire body was feeling it. It felt so good. Jongin didn't usually say those three words to him, but when he did, Kyungsoo loved every single second of it. Unable to find words to express himself, Kyungsoo just brought the younger male's face closer to his as he kissed him slowly, hoping Jongin could sense that probably every cell of Kyungsoo wanted Jongin and only Jongin. Jongin responded to his kiss, quickly moving on top of Kyungsoo as they held each other tightly, kissing until their world became one and exploded in nothing but pure bliss.

Knock Knock.

"Kyungsoo hyung? Jongin hyung? Are you guys awake?" It was Sehun's voice.

The pair ignored the youngest as kyungsoo switched their position, busy Jongin's lips.

A louder knock. "Hyung? Please wake up, i need to tell you guys something."

A soft moan escaped out of Jongin's lips which were now swollen, and Kyungsoo dived in again with his tongue.

"HYUUUUUUUNG!"

"AISH!" Kyungsoo frowned, pulling apart much to Jongin's dismay. Getting off Jongin, he opened the door which was locked to find the maknae standing there, looking irresistibly cute with his penguin pajama. Hair stuck out everywhere, and although the maknae looked like he hadn't slept properly in weeks, he still looked cute.

"Hyung!" Sehun said. "Am I disturbing you guys?"

Kyungsoo glanced back. Jongin was pretending to be fast asleep, face-down to hide his swollen lips.

"Yes, of course you are, Sehun. What's the matter?" Kyungsoo asked.

Sehun glanced back as well. "Well.. Luhan hyung is hungry but there's no food at home.. so he's asking if you and jongin hyung wants to order delivery. Luhan hyung said he'll treat us!"

"I'm not really sure if we want to eat now, sehun.." Kyungsoo scratched his head. "We're sleepy, not hungry."

"Oh." Sehun answered flatly, looking disappointed. "I was hoping to make Luhan spend a lot a lot of money. Never mind then. Good night!"

"Good night, Sehun!" Kyungsoo grinned, patting the tall maknae's head, glad to be rid of him. But then Sehun stopped Kyungsoo from closing the door, looking confused.

"Why is your pillow on Jongin hyung's bed?"

Kyungsoo was stunned, frozen as he gaped at Sehun, trying to figure out a logical answer which would not raise suspicion, but his mind was blank. Sehun continued raising his brows, waiting for his answer. Thankfully jongin finally decided to 'wake up'.

"Sehun  ah.." Jongin tried his best to make his voice sound like he just woke up as he rubbed his eyes sleepily. "What's going on?"

"Are you sleeping with kyungsoo hyung?" Sehun blurted, going red as he looked down at the floor. "I didn't mean it in that way.."

"No, you think too much." Jongin chuckled. "I'm having a runny-nose and I can't get to sleep, so I asked Kyungsoo hyung for his pillow.."

"Why are your lips so swollen?" Sehun pressed on, and Kyungsoo gulped.

"Damn, this dorm is full of mosquitoes!" Luhan's grumpy voice came just in time from the kitchen, and Sehun laughed, shaking his head at his own question before closing the door by himelf.

"Wow, that was close." Kyungsoo crawled back onto Jongin's small single bed. They liked it better that way, less space meant more cuddling time. Jongin put his arms around Kyungsoo again, kissing his forehead.

"Now let's really get to sleep, baby.."

 


Sehun was angry again. Because kyungsoo and Jongin didn't want to share, Luhan decided to go down to the convenience store and eat some cup-noodles. Sehun didn't have any objections, of course, and even sent the Chinese man out of the door but Luhan had grabbed Sehun's wrist, pulling him along. He had ignored the fact that Sehun was dressed in his penguin pajama, and no matter how Sehun tried to make him let go so he could at least go back and change into decent clothes like the black long-sleeve shirt and track pants Luhan was wearing, the older male refused to let go of him until they were just outside the convenience store which was nicely just a less than 3-minute walk away.

"Everyone's looking at me!" Sehun snapped, covering his face in shame. 

"Don't be stupid." Luhan casually put on his own hat, something Sehun didn't bring either. "There's nobody around."

"Well the store assistant is!"

"She's not even pretty, why are you worrying?" Luhan talked as if he couldn't care less, quickly selecting his favorite type of cup-noodles. "Are you buying? I'll treat you."

"No." Sehun huffed, crossing his arms, still mad at Luhan. Luhan just shrugged and went to pay, hoping the assistant wouldn't recognize him. She was in her fifities, and she did not recognize him. Not that he was sad, anyway.

"Sehun, do you want to eat here or go back to the dorm?"

"I'm not eating!" Sehun pouted."Make up your mind!"

Luhan scowled, grabbing his change as he walked to fill his cup-noodle with boiling water. "Let's go sit at the bench outside."

"HUH?!" Sehun groaned. "Then you lend me your hat!"

"Fine!"

Silence.

The two males walked out of the store and settled on the bench, Luhan happily digging into his late-night supper as Sehun continued pouting, hoping no one would walk past. Since it was really late, there wasn't anyone in sight and those who walked past didn't even glance twice at Sehun. Sehun started to slowly relax, enjoying the cool night air as he looked at his hyung eat.

"Honestly, Luhan, I'm scared."

Luhan chewed the noodles. "Of what?"

"This career path. What if we aren't famous? What if EXO is famous but I'm not? What if the fans don't like me?" Sehun hugged his knees. "What if I should have listened to my mother and studied like any other normal kid instead of trying to make it big?"

Luhan replied after a few long seconds which seemed to stretch on endlessly. "We are going to make it. We will. Trust me."

"What do we do when we get old and we aren't good-looking and fit and able to dance anymore? At least you can continue singing ballad songs with your voice, so can baekhyun hyung, kyungsoo hyung and jong-dae hyung, but me.. what can i do, hyung? I'm not that great a singer, neither am i that great a rapper. Not to mention dancing, yixing hyung and jongin hyung are so much better. What does the future hold for me?"

"Listen, kid." Luhan snapped. "You've already chosen this. There is no backing-out. I don't know what we're gonna become in the future, but its all too late for regrets. Its too late to worry. For now, we just have to do our very best. I'm sure we won't be that bad in the future. We are going to make everything work for us. Don't just sit there whining, if you're so scared, you study hard so that if something bad really happens, you still have a certificate you can fall back on."

Sehun felt thoroughly ashamed of himself. He felt so useless. He was immature and not even sensible, Luhan was right calling him a kid. He was only burdening Luhan.

"You're not immature or anything, Sehun." Luhan's eyes softened as he looked at the maknae who was staring sadly at his own slippers. "You're actually right to worry about all these. But you can't think too much, you know? It'd affect you. My parents didn't support me in this entertainment industry, either."

Sehun turned to the older male curiously. 

"Yeah." Luhan smiled. "They still don't. I haven't talked to them for 4 years, since i got scouted into SM."

"Oh." Sehun felt stupid all of a sudden. His problems weren't even half as bad as Luhan's. At least Sehun's parents were giving him their full support. "I'm sorry."

"Me, too." Luhan answered, tilting his head back before drinking the soup.

"Hyung.."

"Yeah?"

"Could you just..uhm.." Sehun mumbled shyly. "leave some of that for me?"

Looking at Luhan's grinning face, Sehun started to smile back, thinking that maybe Luhan was a nice guy after all. 

"Of course.." Luhan nodded before drinking up everything. "not, maknae."

Or maybe not.


 

ENJOY! XOXO