Chapter 7 : Only One

Falling For You

"If I have to choose one, I would recommend our Sehun." Joonmyeon flashed his extra-bright smile that was usually reserved for fans at their manager. "Sehunnie is not only good-looking, he's also rather good at dancing. He learns quickly."

"But he's preparing for his college entrance examinations now, will it be good?"

Joonmyeon shrugged. "Sehun has too little screen-time be it in our music videos or live performances on television, I hope to promote him even more, hyung."

"Very well." Manager Park nodded, snapping his fingers. "I want you to talk to Sehun about this first before you report to me. I trust you, Joonmyeon."

"Thank you."

 


Kris shook his head, crossing his arms as he stared at Joonmyeon. "I will not allow Zitao to take part in this."

"But Yifan hyung," Joonmyeon sighed, "Sehun has agreed to this even though he is preparing for his examinations! Don't you agree that  Zitao needs more screen-time?"

"Yes, I feel the same way, Joonmyeon, but.. I know Zitao well enough to know that he will not want to participate. He's too shy and frankly speaking, I don't think he is a good candidate."

"But this will be the maknae line, don't you think it will be unique?"

"I'm sorry, Joonmyeon, although I usually agree with you, but no." Kris smiled sheepishly. "However, I do have another person in mind."

"Who?"

"How about Yixing? He's good at dancing."

Joonmyeon groaned, slapping kris's arm playfully. "Yixing has enough solo dance-time.."

Kris clicked his tongue. "Alright, I'll think about it and select someone by 3PM. Meanwhile, you can throw another dinner party to officially announce this to all the members?"

"Its alright, hyung, they all know about it." Joonmyeon chuckled. "Call me when you've decided, I'll get back to manager hyung."

As soon as the door shut, Kris's smile turned into a scowl before it turned into another bright smile. Thank goodness he managed to salvage the situation, imagine if Joonmyeon had suggested Zitao or even asked Zitao before getting his consent! To have Zitao dancing with BoA, touchy touchy everywhere?

There was no way Kris was going to accept watching that.

There was a knock on the door and Zitao stepped in, his dark hair almost covering his eyes again. Dressed in a simple plain black T-shirt and baggy shorts, even that made Kris gulp because Zitao just looked amazing like that. That was pathetic, he was the first person to ever make the almighty Yifan feel this way, much less mention that Huang Zitao is a man.

"Duizhang?" Zitao's voice was filled with uncertainty.

"Yes, Zitao?"

"What did Joonmyeon hyung talk about? I heard my name.." Zitao started, then he shook his head. "I just happened to pass by and hear it."

"Well.." Kris bit down on his lip, wondering if he should tell Zitao the truth. Would Zitao be angry if he told him the truth? "Its like this.. You know Boa sunbae? She's preparing for her comeback with Only One.. and manager wants two EXO members to dance with her. EXO-K selected Sehun, and Joonmyeon wanted to select you because of some maknae-line or whatever he called it.."

"And the outcome?" 

"I rejected it. Zitao, the dance is kind of.. I don't know, I don't think you'll like it. Instead, I have a better candidate in mind.. like, Minseok or Luhan. What do you think? Or if you want to, I can tell Joonmyeon." Kris added desperately, carefully studying Zitao's expressions. But Zitao remained expressionless.

"I trust you, duizhang, if you say no, it means no." Zitao spoke, opening the door again. "I think Luhan hyung would be a good choice, though. Luhan and Sehun, don't they look alike?"

Kris broke into a wide grin, grabbing his cell phone. "I trust you too, Zitao."

 


Sehun fidgeted, eyeing Luhan as the older furrowed his brows in concentration, working on the math sums. He was rather excited after Joonmyeon told him about working with Boa, because that meant promoting him and also it was his time to finally shine.

Not as the youngest in EXO, or as Kai or D.O or any of the members' friend, but as Oh Sehun himself. Just Oh Sehun.

Luhan was still in the dark about it, and he was worried that Luhan might get angry of it affecting his studies. He wanted to and had to tell Luhan, but how? How should he bring it up?

"Luhan.."

"Hyung." Luhan corrected, not even looking back at Sehun.

"Luhan hyung, I have to tell you something.." Sehun cleared his throat, making sure he began only after Luhan looked at him. "I will be dancing with Boa sunbae for Only One, for her comeback stage.."

Luhan's eyes turned cold immediately as Sehun tried to fight the new waves of panic invading his entire body. "Is this how you want it, Oh Sehun?"

"What do you mean, hyung?"

"Do what you want then." Luhan simply said after a few long agonizing seconds, calmly dropping the pencil as he got up from the seat and walked out of their room, leaving Sehun confused. Was Luhan angry? Even so, that wasn't the question. Instead, the question was, why?

---

Nervously, Sehun opened the door to the dance studio where he could already hear Boa's only one playing from outside. He had seen Boa quite a number of times, considering that they both belonged to SM, but he had never talked to her. She looked rather.. hard to approach. Boa was inside along with her male dancers. Sehun gulped, wondering if he should have waited until the song ended.

"Sehun?" Boa stopped the music. She was wearing a sleeveless white top and short pants, and that made Sehun even more nervous because hell, she was.. pretty.

"Yes, hello sunbae, I am Oh Sehun from EXO."

Boa giggled, waving him over. "I know, oh sehun. So, let's get straight to the point because i still have schedule after this. Sehun ah you will only be appearing for a while, but your part is really important too."

"I know."

"Okay, then, shall we get started?" Boa beamed. "Kang Min? You can start teaching Sehun the dance-steps."

Kang Min was a tall, buff guy with a cold face that reminded Sehun too much of Luhan. Damn, Kang Min looked like he didn't even know how to smile. Still, Sehun introduced himself politely, desperately wishing that he had one of the EXO members with him, no matter who, just to give him moral support and encouragement. He wasn't used to being alone.

Maybe he was still a kid after all.

 And Sehun was silently afraid of Kang Min, because he could just see Luhan whenever he looked at Kang Min. But the dance steps were rather easy, and his heart fluttered at the thought of having to do it with a senior. Being this close to a female.. it's been a while, after all. Just when he was starting to push Luhan and his anger to the back of his mind...

"Boa sunbae-nim."

"Damn it, I can even imagine his voice." Sehun mumbled under his breath, feeling desperate as he redid the dance moves, trying to block out the whole world.

"Sehun? Sehun, your hyung is here for you."

That was Boa's voice all right.

Sehun's head snapped up, his eyes locking with Luhan's. Luhan was leaning against the mirror, not smiling. "Hyung.."

"Joonmyeon sent me here." Luhan said. "He wants me to pass you your phone. You left it in the dorm again."

"Oh." Sehun ran his hand through his hair, not knowing what to react as he stepped forward to receive his phone.

"If there's nothing else, I'm going."

Looking at Luhan's back and Kang Min's cold face, paired with all the stress and anxiety building up in the younger's body, Sehun desperately called out Luhan's name.

"Can you.. stay? I'm.. nervous.."

Luhan's eyes turned cold again. "I have no need to." And then he turned back, walking away from Sehun.

"Luhan!" Boa called out as well, and Sehun saw Luhan clench his fists before turning yet again to face Boa with a rather fake smile on his face.

"Yes, sunbae-nim?"

"I have to go for my schedule now, and I'll be back in about.. 5 hours? Meanwhile, my dancers will still be here so can you stay and help? Can you take my place and let Sehun practice on you? The comeback stage is next week, he needs to get it fast. Its important." Boa explained, her smile even wider.

Sehun raised his brows at her sudden honey-sweet voice and bright smile, wondering if Boa had taken a liking to Luhan too. Everyone just seemed to like him.

Luhan nodded. "Very well."

"Thank you very much, Luhan!" Boa rushed forward to give him a hug. Smiling, Luhan patted her back.

"Anytime."

---

Sehun was really impressed. Kangmin only needed around 20 minutes to finish teaching Luhan Boa's dance moves during the part where she had to dance with Sehun, and already the Chinese man was doing it perfectly.

"Ready?" Kang Min asked.

Luhan nodded slightly, standing still in the middle of the dance studio.

"At the count of 3, Sehun, you start walking in like how I taught you."

"Yes, i understand."

"1, 2, 3, NOW!" Kangmin clapped once, and Sehun took a huge breath before walking in slowly like how Kangmin taught him, towards Luhan. Luhan turned to his right to look at Sehun, his chin slightly tilted up defiantly as he eyed the younger but taller male. Suddenly Sehun was hit with a burning desire to know why Luhan had seemed to be really unhappy with him being Boa's dance partner. Luhan  was, like Boa, wearing a thin white top and Sehun blushed the moment he put his hands on Luhan's body.

Heat. 

Luhan's eyes never left his once, not in the romantic sense though, but in a.. challenging manner? At the part Sehun cupped Luhan's face (he couldn't even imagine doing this with Boa, he was starting to regret this decision), he whispered, "Luhan, why are you mad at me?"

Unexpectedly, Luhan tore his gaze away, remaining silent until it was over. Sehun kept his eyes on the older male, insanely confused as to why Luhan was treating him like this all of a sudden. He wanted Luhan to order him around, tease or scold him, not ignore him.

It felt like something big was missing in his life.

"Amazing." Kang Min acknowledged. "I have nothing else to teach, you two have already mastered this completely. It was a wonderful performance, Luhan and Sehun, you two have really good coordination."

"Thank you." Sehun smiled slightly, still staring at Luhan. Luhan just nodded.

"Am I allowed to leave now?" 

Kangmin seemed surprised at Luhan's sudden question as he nodded slowly. "Sure.."

"Good bye, then."

"You are free to leave too, Sehun." Kangmin informed the maknae who was watching Luhan leave with an overwhelming amount of confusion and pain in his eyes. Sehun wasted no more time and chased after Luhan and he caught up quickly. Grabbing the shorter male's wrist, he spun him around with great force, tilting Luhan's chin up so he could look into his eyes. This way, Luhan had to answer his questions.

"Hyung, why the hell are you mad at me?"

"Who said I am?"

"You're ignoring me! You're obviously made at me. I'm not stupid." Sehun hissed, tightening his grip around Luhan's wrist. Luhan showed no sign of fear or even intention to answer Sehun as he his own lips.

The both of them had a staring match, one neither was willing to give in. Sehun was looking into Luhan's eyes, hoping to find clues, any sign of why Luhan might be so unhappy while Luhan was obviously staring at Sehun with the let-go-of-me-or-i-will-kill-you look.

"Sehun, Luhan, what are the both of you doing?"

Still, the both of them refused to turn away, neither willing to admit defeat. Kyungsoo had to force himself in between them until they both looked away at the same time, angrily. Jongin was right behind Kyungsoo, frowning as he studied the two.

"What's wrong, Sehun?" Jongin started, asking the maknae he was closer to.

"Why don't you ask him?" Sehun spat, glaring at Luhan.

"What's wrong, Luhan hyung?" Kyungsoo asked worriedly, carefully squeezing Luhan's arm.

"Nothing's wrong."

"Oh yeah?" Sehun challenged, taking a step closer towards Luhan. "Why were you acting like a towards me then?"

"Why don't you," Luhan shook Kyungsoo's hand away and jabbed Sehun's chest. "Ask yourself?"

"I don't know the answer, that's why I had the need to ask you!" Sehun yelled, and Jongin grabbed the younger boy and pulled him back as Kyungsoo bit on his lip, exchanging looks with Jongin.

"You two, settle this. Now." Nobody could disobey nor stop Jongin when he was in his commander mood, and Sehun let out a sigh as he turned to look at Luhan again, pushing his anger aside, carefully thinking of what he had done to make his tutor so angry. 

"I really don't know what I did to make you so angry, Luhan hyung."

Instead of answering, Luhan simply turned his back to all of them and walked off again. As soon as he disappeared out of sight, Sehun stomped on the floor angrily.

"I hate him!" The youngest hollered. "DO YOU HEAR ME, LUHAN? I HATE YOU!" And then he took off, running in the opposite direction of where Luhan went.

Sighing, Kyungsoo wrapped his arm around Jongin's shoulders. "What happened? They were so.. cute together."

"Do you think.." Jongin grinned cheekily.

"Think what?"

"That..." 

Kyungsoo slapped Jongin's arm. "What?!"

Jongin took this chance to take the shorter male in his arms as he planted a short but passionate kiss on Kyungsoo's lips. "That he might be jealous?"

Kyungsoo blushed a deep red, absent-mindedly touching his own lips. "Jealous? Who? Why?"

Jongin kissed Kyungsoo again, this time on the forehead. "You're so adorable, baby. Isn't it obvious who the jealous party is?"

Kyungsoo's face was already burning. "But.. it can't be.." He stammered. "Luhan jealous? They aren't even together.. unless.. he likes Sehun? No, that can't be.."

"I can't find a more logical answer." Jongin shrugged. "Unless Luhan is really worried that it might affect Sehun's studies, but that's not a valid reason to be soo angry. You distract me with your face and smile all day long and i don't even get mad!"

"Jongin.." Kyungsoo buried his face in Jongin's chest shyly. "Maybe Sehun did something wrong.."

"Well lets bet."

"Bet what?"

"I bet that they two will end up together eventually." Jongin declared. "I am usually spot-on about this kind of things."

"I bet they two don't have romantic feelings for each other!" Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin with his usual wide eyes, and Jongin quickly pecked his lips again. How could Kyungsoo be so adorable? It should be against the law to be so ing adorable. "And what do we bet with? Simple, baby. If i win, you're mine forever."

"And if I win," Kyungsoo smirked. "I'll top. For as long as I want to."

Jongin smirked back, surprised to find that his adorable cute innocent boyfriend had a dominating side as well. And already he was starting to get nervous about imagining the two of them doing it. He knew that it would happen sooner or later since they were in a relationship and were both grown, needy men, but he had not exactly thought of the topping problem. Jongin wanted to top, of course, and so he could not afford to lose this bet. "Fine, baby."

"And Jongin, you know what?" Kyungsoo added. "Its stupid. You see, I'm already yours forever even if you don't win. There's no one else I'll ever want."

Jongin groaned, silently cursing himself. He was too caught up in the moment. 

"No changes!" Kyungsoo squeaked happily.

"Whatever." Jongin rolled his eyes.

"Aww, don't be mad~" Kyungsoo laughed before wrapping his arms around the younger male's waist, not caring that they were in public (well no one was around anyway) and kissed his lover tenderly on the lips.

 

 


 

This entire chapter was inspired by BoA after i FINALLY went to watch BoA's only one stage w/ Sehun & Luhan! 
I don't like BoA by the way 

 

SEHUN WAVING A HUNHAN BANNER. ♥ HUNHAN IS REALLLL