Chapter 8 : I Understand, & I'm Sorry

Falling For You

"Don't you understand, hyung? If they are mad at each other, Sehun is not going to get any tutoring." Jongin sighed, shaking his head in disbelief of how dense and slow Joonmyeon can be.

"They're mad at each other, but why?" Joonmyeon raised his brows. "But I'm not sure if we can waste time like this.."

"It's just ONE day, hyung, ONE." Jongin pleaded. "We need to bond as well, and you know we have to do this fast, because EXO-M will be going back to China soon and who is going to tutor Sehun?"

"I will!" Joonmyeon beamed happily. "I'm rather good in mathematics, too."

"Please, hyung?" Kyungsoo joined in, knowing that no one could reject his puppy eyes. "Please please please?"

"..."

"We will love you." Jongin promised, grabbing Joonmyeon's hands. "Forever."

"..."

"Please? We are really tired and need a break!" Kyungsoo pouted.

"... fine."

 


Joonmyeon wished he hadn't been the one to announce it to the kids. They were excited. Too excited. And he couldn't handle them, especially without Kris.

"Alright, kids, calm —"

"HYUUUNG! When are we going there? What time?" Baekhyun asked excitedly, his eyes sparkling.

"Are you paying for our tickets?" Jong-dae joined in, shaking Joonmyeon's arm. "You totally should, you're the leader!"

Chanyeol chuckled. "Hyung hyung hyung, are we all going to go in together? The 12 of us? People will totally recognize us!"

Damn, one more hyung and Joonmyeon was going to really snap.

"Hyung." Joonmyeon spun around, ready to snap at whoever was calling him but a smile spread across his face when he saw who was calling him. Zitao. Zitao rarely spoke to him much, he was a nice little good boy but he just seemed hard to get close to. And Joonmyeon was rather fond of him since Zitao was sensible and mature, unlike his EXO-K boys and he was easy to take care of. "Where is it? When? We're going back to China soon."

"Good!" Sehun cut in rudely, eyeing Luhan who was at the far end of the room, far away from him. Luhan just scowled in return, rolling his eyes at the youngest.

"Jongin and Kyungsoo will plan everything." Joonmyeon told Zitao, patting his shoulder. "Right, Jongin?"

"Uh.. yeah, sure!" Kyungsoo smiled nervously. "I hope it turns out fine."

"So who is going to inform Kris hyung?" Chanyeol slung his arm around a very annoyed Baekhyun who shook his arm off, but the arm simply went back around his shoulder again.

"I will." Zitao spoke up quietly, a small face on his face. "To have you guys planning this is already very nice, just concentrate on planning, I will inform Yifan hyung."

"I'm worried that Yifan might not agree." Joonmyeon rubbed his chin, using Kris's Chinese name like Zitao.

"I will make him agree, don't you worry." Zitao smiled smugly. "Let's say what he can say when I have my cudgel in his face."

"Hey guys?" Jongin called out, his existence being neglected because the members were too excited talking to each other, telling each other what rides they wanted to try. Everyone ignored him. Rolling his eyes, Jongin tried again. "Guys?"

Kyungsoo who had been sitting beside Jongin the entire time, watching him surf the web with his phone, chuckled as he discreetly placed his own hand on Jongin's, giving it a small squeeze. And for the first time ever (first-time kyungsoo seeing it, that is), Jongin blushed. Grinning in triumph, Kyungsoo raised his voice.

"GUYS! Jongin wants to tell you guys something! If you guys don't shut up in like, 3 seconds, we aren't going to plan a single thing."

And that did it.

Not caring that Kyungsoo was still holding his hand, Jongin shook his phone at the gawking members. "This theme park looks pretty good. Its slightly more expensive, but the rides are fun. And its not very far from Seoul."

"I've been there!" Minseok raised his hand, making the others laugh at how he was acting like a school-student. "No, seriously!"

"So have I.." Sehun added.

"Me three." Chanyeol said.

"We haven't, so we're still going anyway!" Kyungsoo stuck his tongue out and turned to Jongin who was already staring at him. The two of them exchanged another smile before turning back to the members, Kyungsoo moving his hand away from Jongin's. "How about.. later? Its only 9AM now, it opens at 11AM, we can probably reach early!"

"But Yifan hyung.." Yixing's voice trailed off, and Zitao sighed.

"Its okay, guys, I will bring duizhang over later."

"You will?" Jong-dae's eyes lit up. "You don't mind missing out more?"

"Duizhang has done many things for me, it is only right that I do this little thing for him." Zitao nodded. "Go on, we'll join you guys shortly."

"Where did he go anyway?" Jongin raised his brows, moving closer to Kyungsoo.

"I don't know." Zitao feigned ignorance, although both him and joonmyeon knew very well Yifan went to see the manager. Because of Luhan. Not even Luhan was aware of it, though. 

"You're very quiet today, Luhan." Yixing remarked, moving to Luhan who was staring out of the window. Luhan turned back with a small smile.

"Its alright, Yixing, I'm just a little tired."

Sehun rolled his eyes. "Of course you would be, you didn't even come back to the dorm the entire night." He mumbled so softly that no one could hear him, and then let out another sigh. Was Luhan going to be like this forever? Avoid him? Ignore him?

"Do you need sleep?" Yixing gently wrapped his arm around Luhan's waist. The older shook his head.

"I'll be fine, maybe I'm just still hungry. Se - no, uhm, Jongin? Do you mind going down to buy me some snacks?"

Sehun's heart almost burst at hearing Luhan almost calling his name. Luhan was about to say Sehun, right? He wans't imagining it.  

"Luhan, I'll get it for you!" Yixing laughed. "Be back in 10 minutes."

Sehun just pouted. That was his job, not Yixing's. He just hoped to get it back.

 

* Cudgel = the proper term for Tao's wushu stick


Sehun moved around quickly, grabbing a white tee with a cartoon zombie on it and a pair of black skinny jeans, changing quickly. Joonmyeon had instructed them to dress simply and try to lie low so that no fan would recognize them, and Sehun grabbed the most simple clothes he owned. He was also nervous about the fact that Luhan would be coming in to change as well since his clothes were in the wadrobe. Sehun quickly combed his hair before grabbing his black cap and then his phone, diving onto the bed to pretend to be playing a game as soon as he heard foot-steps approach the room. The door opened, and then closed, and Sehun's heart nearly exploded because he was just too nervous. 

The sound of the wadrobe opening, closing, someone moving around, things being placed on the table, Sehun had to resist not looking back. Then he heard the door shut again, and he pouted even more, throwing his phone aside as he buried his head in his own pillow, inhaling the shampoo scent he knew so well.

Please don't be like this anymore, Luhan...

---

"What do you think I should wear?" Jongin asked, tapping his chin with his index finger impatiently as he stared into the wadrobe. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Anything will do!"

"What are you wearing?"

Kyungsoo gently pushed Jongin aside, grabbing a simple sky-blue button up shirt and blue jeans. "This is it. Simple."

Kyungsoo walked over to the bed, removing his own shirt in the process, thinking that Jongin wasn't looking at him since that king couldn't even decide what to wear. But he realized he was dead wrong when he felt Jongin's warm breath at his ear, a body pressed against his back and warm arms around his waist. Jongin kissed Kyungsoo's earlobe.

"Need help changing?" Jongin almost purred, making goosebumps break out on Kyungsoo's body as Jongin ran his hands up and down Kyungsoo's abs, feeling how solid it was.

"Jongin.." Kyungsoo tried to remain a stern expression on his face as he prepared to lecture the younger boy, but whatever words he had prepared to say vanished the moment Jongin twirled him around 45 degrees to kiss him. Without wasting even a second Jongin shoved his tongue into Kyungsoo's mouth, smiling as he felt Kyungsoo start to react.

This gorgeous half- man, how did Jongin even managed to get him?

"Jongin, stop.." Kyungsoo mumbled, his hands on Jongin's chest in an attempt to push him away. "The door isn't locked."

"Huh." Jongin breathed, nipping the older male's lower lip. "So what?"

"What if they find out?" Kyungsoo shivered but Jongin just shrugged.

"Let them."

"Oh, jongin!" Kyungsoo frowned, finally pushing the dancer away as he quickly put his shirt on. "Go and change!"

"Fine." Jongin pouted, walking back to the wadrobe. In the end, he settled with a sleeveless black shirt and black jeans like Kyungsoo's.

"What, couple jeans?" Kyungsoo asked playfully, obviously joking but Jongin nodded with such a serious expression on his face kyungsoo could only smile shyly. Kyungsoo left the room to prepare their waterbottles while Jongin changed, obviously not wanting another awkward situation because he was absolutely certain that if Jongin kissed and touched him like that again, he wouldn't be able to pull away.


"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" Jong-dae was almost close to jumping around as he bounced out of the car excitedly, clapping his hands at the sight of the theme park in front of him. "HERE AT LAST!"

Minseok stepped out of the car after him, only half-awake. The ride had been a quiet one. Joonmyeon had gotten his father to drive them in a normal delivery van, they should arrive as normally as possible so that nobody would get suspicious. Jong-dae had been talking to Minseok at first, unable to shut up about rides and soon enough Minseok had fallen asleep. Jong-dae just continued talking, to no one in particular. He just felt the need to inform the entire van if he saw a white bird fly past. Luhan was sitting at the back with Yixing, and had fallen asleep on Yixing's shoulder (under Sehun's glare) whereas Yixing read a book the entire time. Joonmyeon was beside the driver's seat, talking to his father of course, and Baekhyun was watching Chanyeol play a new fighting game on his PSP. The two would fight over the electronic device every now and then. Since the van were long, Jongin and Kyungsoo sat in front, just the two of them. They held hands, making sure nobody saw and just enjoyed the trip, staring out while enjoying each other's presence. Zitao and Yifan were not with them, Zitao had offered to wait for Yifan and Sehun was really lonely. He was the odd one out. He managed to survive it, though.

"So how are we going to go?" Yixing asked, holding onto Luhan's wrist because the second oldest in EXO was having difficulty waking up.

"Pair?" Jong-dae suggested. There was an instant reaction; Jongin pulled Kyungsoo towards him while Baekhyun grinned at Chanyeol. Then Kyungsoo shook Jongin's hand off, frowning at him before pulling him further away from the group and whispering his plan into the second youngest's ear. When the pair returned, they were grinning.

"Sehun, i'll go with you!" Jongin spread his arms apart as he hugged the maknae.

"Luhan hyung~ lets go together!" Kyungsoo squeezed in between Yixing and Luhan.

"Baekhyun is with me!" Chanyeol declared, patting the shorter male's head fondly.

Jong-dae patted Minseok's . "This baozi owes me for falling asleep while I was talking to him!"

"... guess we're left with me and you, Yixing." Joonmyeon smiled sheepishly. Yixing wasted no time in crossing over to the leader of EXO-K.

"We're decided, then?" Jongin smiled happily at all of them, his gaze on Kyungsoo for the longest. "Let's go in, then!"

 


 

"That one!"

"No, that one!"

And there you have Jongin and Sehun glaring at each other. Jongin wanted to just start with the rollercoaster first, but sehun wanted to go on the ferris wheel first. Jongin had to have Sehun go to the rollercoaster, because that was where his love was waiting for him. He wanted to spend today with Kyungsoo, not Sehun.

"Please, Sehun?" Jongin gave in first, grabbing the maknae's hand as he tried unleashing his super duper rare aegyo on him.

"But.. i'm scared.." Sehun admitted. "I'm really scared of roller-coasters.. and look, that one even has loops! LOOPS!"

"Aye!" Jongin laughed, pinching Sehun's cheek as he pulled him to the roller-coaster. "Don't you worry, hyung won't let you fall."

With Sehun protesting all the way, Jongin managed to spot Kyungsoo waiting there. Alone. Frowning, he made his way to kyungsoo, Sehun following willingly this time because Kyungsoo was there. And Kyungsoo's partner was Luhan.

"Kyung? What are you doing here alone?" Jongin asked, and Kyungsoo shrugged.

"Luhan went to the toilet to pee."

"Oh."

"So erm.. you wanna ride the coaster?" Kyungsoo asked, starting his awkward acting as he made eye-contact with Jongin.

"Yes!" Jongin beamed. "But let's wait till Luhan gets back, in case he can't find you."

"Right.."

And so the three waited in silence before Luhan appeared, avoiding eye-contact with Sehun. Sehun had to admit, though, that Luhan was easy to recognize. Even with a cap on, that cute face was still easy to recognize anywhere. And Luhan was dressed nicely in a pink shirt and skinny jeans, just like him.

"Let's go queue." Jongin nodded, and Kyungsoo nodded back, sharing some kind of secret information as the two pulled their partners into the queue. Luhan and Kyungsoo in front, Jongin and Sehun behind. Luhan and Sehun remained silent throughout while Kyungsoo and Jongin chattered endlessly about the people they saw, rides they saw and wanted to take, and eventually Jongin had left Sehun's side and went to stand beside Kyungsoo, leaving Luhan beside Sehun.

"Let's go!" Kyungsoo pumped his fist in the air as soon as the roller coaster returned to the starting point. Jongin took Kyungsoo's hand, grinning as the two climed onto the coaster. Two-seaters.

Luhan looked at Sehun and sighed before following behind Kyungsoo and Jongin. Since they had already come this far, Sehun had no choice but to sit beside Luhan, feeling awkward. Jongin turned around to look at the both of them.

"Don't scream too loudly!"

Luhan laughed. "Roller-coasters don't scare me, not even a little."

"Wow!" Kyungsoo was awed. "They scare me. Alot."

Sehun? He was too busy trembling to talk.

As the workers came to ensure that the safety handles were in place, Luhan finally noticed the trembling boy beside him, and he scowled. "What, are you scared?"

Sehun managed a small nod, his eyes wide with fear as he watched the attendent prepare to jab the red button which meant that it was about to take off. Then the most amazing thing happened. Luhan grabbed Sehun's trembling hand which was completely cold and squeezed it, not letting go.

"Just scream." Luhan said, not turning to look at Sehun.

As the roller-coaster took off, Sehun was only vaguely aware that he was squeezing poor Luhan's hand so tightly that the older male could not even enjoy himself on the high-speed thrilling loop coaster because he was in pain. But looking at how scared Sehun was, Luhan just shut up.

The rollercoaster itself could have dropped down from the tracks.

Luhan wouldn't have noticed.

~*~

Yifan was pleasantly surprised to find Zitao lying on the couch in his dorm, sleeping soundly. Softly, he squatted down, looking at how peaceful he looked while he was asleep. But he had to face reality after all. Sighing, he gently shook the wushu boy. Zitao opened his eyes, realizing that Yifan was done speaking to the manager.

"Duizhang." Zitao sat up.

Yifan was extremely disappointed at how Zitao seemed not comfortable around him. "What's the matter?"

"The rest went to the amusement park. I was waiting for you to bring you there." Zitao smiled, a treat for the leader. "How did the talk go?"

What else could Yifan say except that Zitao's smile was contagious as he smiled back? "They're using Luhan."

"Great." Zitao acknowledged. "Go change quickly, I want to go play too."

Yifan nodded, walking to his bedroom while Zitao lazily flipped through some magazines on the table, trying not to fall back asleep. Before shutting the door, Yifan said, "Gege."

"Huh?"

"I think i'd like it better if you call me ge instead of hyung, or duizhang." Then Yifan shut the door, leaving Zitao stunned.

~*~

"HIT THE ING BULL'S EYE YOU BUFFALO!" Nobody would have thought that the agitated short boy jumping in anger and shouting like that was an idol, much less the cute main vocal Byun Baekhyun. He and Chanyeol were at one of the booths, Chanyeol trying to hit the target just to get the white bunny Baekhyun wanted. Before you blame Baekhyun for being difficult, do keep in mind that Baekhyun would not have asked Chanyeol to do it if Chanyeol had not boasted about being an expert and always winning when the truth was that he had never visited booths like this... ever.

"3 rounds up!" The booth-owner informed them, wide-eyed at agitated Baekhyun.

"Aish you fool!" Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol's back. Hard. "Ahjussi, I'll do it!"

Chanyeol stuck his bottom lip out. Lie exposed. Still, he watched Baekhyun concentrate before shooting and hitting the target perfectly. Chanyeol clapped his hands as Baekhyun cheered and hugged Chanyeol, already forgetting that Chanyeol was in disgrace.

"The white bunny please!!" Baekhyun bounced up and down excitedly as the owner took the cute white bunny and handed it to Baekhyun. The bunny was about the size of Baekhyun's upper body, minus his head and neck. It was a milky white, literally the color of milk, and it had adorable long ears and black eyes. There was a pink bow tie on it and the bunny was holding an orange carrot. 

Who wouldn't want it?

Chanyeol pouted as he followed behind a very smug baekhyun who was hugging the bunny. Now Chanyeol wanted the bunny too, but he was too shy to ask Baekhyun to get one for him. And he didn't want to remind Baekhyun of his ridiculous lie...

"Liar." 

Chanyeol's head snapped up.

"You liar!" Baekhyun glared at him. "Liar liar liar liar!"

"Okay, i lied, I'm sorry.." Chanyeol ran his hand through his hand, at a loss. "I just.. wanted you to be impressed of me for once."

Baekhyun stopped dead in his tracks, fully facing the tall rapper who had trouble meeting his eyes. "What do you mean, wanting me to be impressed of you?"

"Its just.." Chanyeol bit his lip. "You're good-looking, cute, and have an amazing voice, I'm really amazed. I just want you to feel the same way about me too. I'm tall but I'm clumsy, I don't know what I can do right.."

"You're perfect." Baekhyun mumbled, squeezing his bunny. "I'm not going to repeat what I just said, so if you missed it, too bad for you." And then Baekhyun turned and continued walking, leaving a frozen Chanyeol staring after him.

~*~

"What?!" Luhan's eyeballs bulged. "But I never wanted to!"

Jongin slid his arm around Kyungsoo's waist, since everyone were too distracted to notice this. Kyungsoo smiled a little, but kept his gaze on Luhan who was talking furiously on the phone.

"Do I have a choice?!" Luhan growled before hanging up, turning off his phone.

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked.

Luhan rubbed his face. Sehun his lips again. "Manager."

"Does he want you to take us back?" Sehun whimpered. "But we haven't even started playing!"

"Says the one who lost his soul on the coaster." Jongin mumbled playfully, earning a giggle-like chuckle from Kyungsoo.

"Its not anything like that." Luhan assured them. "He wants me to be Boa's dance partner, along with Sehun."

"Oh." Sehun said flatly, but it felt as though he had been hit by something in the chest and had all breath knocked out of him. He imagined Boa dancing with Luhan, Luhan's hands on her face, Luhan touching her, Luhan being so close to her..

Why does it hurt...

Can you imagine feeling breathless all of a sudden, and that awful moment when your chest seems to compress so much and you can't even speak aymore? That moment when you're just so overwhelmed but you don't know what the hell you're feeling, you can't pinpoint it out. That was what Sehun was feeling.

"I'm a little tired, to be honest, so I'll go sit on a bench or something. You guys have fun." Luhan walked off without a backward glance, obviously feeling down. Kyungsoo and Jongin had no idea why he was so down, dancing with Boa didn't seem to be a bad thing. 

"What's wrong with Luhan? He seems very.. down recently." Jongin commented, noticing something on Kyungsoo's face. He brushed it off with his fingers, making Kyungsoo go red again. Sehun, of course, was in his own world and didn't notice anything.

"Yeah, i think something happened.." Kyungsoo sighed. "What should we do?"

"Should we throw a party for him?" Jongin asked.

"I know, now." Sehun spoke so quietly it was barely audible amongst the joyful noises. "I know why."

"Know what?"

"Why Luhan was so angry at me.."

"Why? You did something wrong, right? Right right right?" Kyungsoo asked a bit too excitedly, remembering the bet he made with Jongin. Jongin's eyes were wide open with fear, fearing he might lose the bet. To have kyungsoo top.. no...

"Thank you, hyungs!" Sehun suddenly bowed politely before running off, in the same direction Luhan went.

"..."

"Don't be too disappointed, baby." Jongin tickled Kyungsoo's chin. 

"You're happy aren't you." Kyungsoo huffed. 

"Duh!"

"Don't be yet, cause the answer is not yet out. I might still win" Kyungsoo pouted, but instead of getting annoyed or angry, Jongin just fell even deeper in love.

"AWW, KYUNGSOO, HOW CAN YOU BE SO ADORABLE?!"

~*~

Sehun kept running, keeping a look-out for Luhan. Luhan said he was going to sit on a bench, so he looked carefully at all the people sitting on the benches. Families, kids, a few girls who looked too interested in him, but no Luhan.

Dejected and breathless, Sehun sat on an empty bench himself, resting his elbows on his thighs and his face on his palms to catch his breath and steady himself.

"You aren't looking for me, are you?"

That red pair of shoes...

"Luhan?"

"Hyung." Luhan corrected again, removing his own hat as he fanned himself. "Warm day."

"Keep the hat on, Luhan, you might get discovered!" Sehun ignored Luhan's words to call him hyung, and tried to stop the grin from appearing on his face. Never had he been so delighted to see someone.

 "You don't have any manners." Luhan chided, rolling his eyes but he put on his hat again.

Overwhelmed, Sehun grabbed Luhan's arm and started pulling him. Sehun himself didn't know where he was headed either, but did that really matter now? The venue is never important when you consider who you have with you. Its always the who that matters, not the where.

"Where are you taking me, brat?" Luhan tried to shake Sehun's hand off, unable to see Sehun's smile because the taller maknae was in front of him. Sehun just tightened his grip.

"Stop asking, Luhan, we're going to have fun." Sehun said, spotting the ferris wheel he wanted to get on earlier but Jongin dragged him to the rollercoaster.

"What's wrong with Luhan? He seems very.. down recently."

"Yeah, I think something happened..."

Sehun turned back to flash a smile at the older male.

"I don't know what happened, Luhan, and I don't think you're this unhappy solely because I'm dancing with Boa sunbae.. I'm sure that's not the only reason. I know something happened, but i don't know what.. but today, just today, let's forget everything."

Looking at Sehun's earnest and sincere face, Luhan's lips started to curve up, the smile reaching all the way to his eyes as he held the maknae's hand.

Even so, I think I know why you were so unhappy with me dancing with Boa now, Luhan.. it must have felt like what I felt just now.. I don't want you to dance with Boa either. I don't know what that means, or what that feeling is, but I just don't want you to.

I'm sorry, Luhan. I know better now.

 


A/N ; Story edited a few hours after publish due to the lack of time earlier. Please excuse the initial mistakes. To be honest, I think I'm starting to like Kaisoo more than Hunhan. :X & kyungsoo is turning into my bias too. Heheh.

Enjoy xoxo