Chapter 10 : I'll Be Alright, Just Not Tonight

Falling For You

Sehun clenched his fists. Should he kiss Luhan or should he wait for Luhan to kiss him? Carefully avoiding Luhan's eyes, he bit down on his lip, at a loss. And then it happened. A deer was given birth to in his stomach, and it sure was wild, running everywhere and banging against his stomach walls.

"Just stay there, and don't even move." Luhan whispered, and Sehun nodded shakily, already breathless. "Uh, shut your eyes."

Sehun's eyes widened before he squeezed it shut. And then it came, something soft and wet and warm on his cheek.

"Did you like, your lips before you kissed me?" Sehun's eyes flew open as he scrunched up his nose in disgust, wiping his cheek desperately with his sleeve. "Aw, gross!"

"There, Jongin." Luhan smirked. "You didn't say it had to be a mouth-to-mouth kiss. You wanted a kiss, so you got it. A kiss."

"Aw, shucks." Jongin buried his face in Kyungsoo's sleeve, ignoring the surprised stares from others. "What a rare chance, and I screwed it up just like that."

"Its okay baby." Kyungsoo patted his boyfriend's back awkwardly, speaking so softly only jongin could hear. "We can't do everything for them."

"This game is getting boring, and I really really want to play on the rides." Yixing sighed, resting his chin on his palm as he stared at kyungsoo and jongin. "Can we?"

"Yeah, can we leave?" Jong-dae nodded in agreement.

Minseok bit his nails. Joonmyeon was busy snapping a selca, showing his butterfly painting and Chanyeol was squeezing Chanbaek. Baekhyun just kept whispering to Zitao, his eyes darting everywhere.

"Okay, then." Kyungsoo nodded, sensing that his boyfriend didn't want to speak up. "Dismissed."

"Yes, eomma!" The boys cheered before leaving in pairs. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were the first ones out, followed by Yixing and Joonmyeon, mumbling something about getting paintings on their hands. Jongin kept his face buried in Kyungsoo's sleeve as Kyungsoo continued to pat him awkwardly. Minseok and Jong-dae left, waving at everyone and finally Zitao pulled Yifan out of the tent.

"Aren't you two going?" Kyungsoo questioned Sehun and Luhan. Sehun was still wiping his cheek while Luhan just stared into the distance blankly. "Its a great day."

"Ah, yes, I need to go to the toilet to wash my face anyway!" Sehun spat, glaring at Luhan. "I can't believe you actually your lips! You did it on purpose didn't you? It's just gross!"

"Whatever." Luhan rolled his eyes, moving to the entrance of the tent. "Can you hurry?"

Sehun continued mumbling under his breath as the two disappeared, until the only two left in the tent was kyungsoo and jongin. Jongin shifted, burying his face in the crook of kyungsoo's neck as kyungsoo wrapped his arm around jongin more comfortably now.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm sooo disappointed." Jongin's voice came out muffled. "And I'm kind of tired too."

"I'm not a fan of rides actually, so you don't have to worry. If you're tired, we can stay here till everyone's done."

Jongin grinned. "You're an angel, kyungsoo."

"Thank you."

"So we'll just stay here, kay?" Jongin asked gently, resting the back of his head on kyungsoo's lap.

"You don't want to explore? Are you sure? I'm okay with anything as long as i'm with you." Kyungsoo smiled, placing his palm against Jongin's heated cheek. "Are you like blushing?"

"You decide." Jongin yawned, intentionally ignoring Kyungsoo's last question as his eyelids started to flutter. Kyungsoo just tangled his fingers in Jongin's soft hair, humming gently until the younger boy fell asleep.

 


 

One person you would never ever want to go to the amusement park with: Oh Sehun. At least, that was what Luhan felt as he threw his hands up in the air in frustration as the two sat in a small tea-cup, huddled together. The tea-cup was a family-ride, and it was not just boring but ing boring. It just moved around in circles, like ing slowly and Luhan was on the verge of insanity. 

"I am not getting on this for the seventh time!"

Sehun pouted. "Aw, but why? Isn't it fun? You get to enjoy and breathe and look at other families!" Sehun waved at a toddler who was looking at them with wide eyes. "Oh, the joy!"

"The joy!" Luhan scoffed. "You are free to experience this joy alone. Yup. I'm getting off this when it ends."

"Me too." Sehun sighed dreamily. "We actually spent almost an hour on this."

"What a waste of time."

"Yes, how fun.." Sehun nodded like he didn't hear Luhan. "Let's go!"

The two jumped out of the tea-cup as soon as it came to a stop, and when they stepped out of the shelter they both frowned. Their faces were almost identical masks of horror and disappointment as the dark clouds gathered, blocking out the clear blue sky.

"We just wasted our time at that thing and now its gonna rain." Luhan rubbed his face wearily. "Damn you, Sehun."

"There were many things I want to try out!" Sehun pouted. "Like the treasure-hunt train, and the dreamy-journey tea-cup!"

"NOT ANOTHER ING TEA-CUP!" Luhan yelled, ignoring the stares from everywhere as he shook his fist at Sehun. "That's it, go on your own."

"Luhan.."

"HYUNG, DAMN IT, HYUNG! I AM OLDER THAN YOU!"

"But I like to call you Luhan.."

"Ugh, whatever!" Luhan snorted, jamming his fists in his pockets as he stalked out of the shelter. Sehun chased after him, sticking close behind Luhan. Luhan was just about to scare him and tell him that he was planning to take the loop coaster again when something wet hit his nose. He scrunched up his nose, looking up as he muttered prayers, but it was too late.

The first drops of rain fell on the both of them, the two of them who were both looking up at the sky with different expressions. Luhan looked really disappointed at not being able to enjoy his stay thoroughly, whereas Sehun looked relieved. He wanted to stay with Luhan, but he didn't want to go on rides that Luhan liked. Rides that involved high speed and plunge-downs. Sehun couldn't even scream or talk or yell when he got off the loop roller-coaster, all he could do was stare at his group members blankly because he had left his soul on the roller-coaster that now ferried new delighted people. He just didn't want to let luhan out of his sight.

"Damn." Luhan cursed quietly. "I guess we better get to the entrance and wait for the others. Doesn't look like the rain will pass."

"Okay." Sehun followed behind Luhan, glad that he had a cap on as the rain got heavier. Luhan didn't even seem affected by the rain, unlike the others scrambling to shelter, Luhan just walked on calmly without shelter, enjoying the cool beads of rain-water on his skin. Sehun? He was shivering. It was just horrible that there was no shelter at the entrance, and although Luhan seemed fine enough, Sehun was terribly cold.

"C-cold.." Sehun's teeth chattered as he tapped Luhan's shoulder. The older male squinted at him before letting out a sigh, staring out at the busy road.

"I'd love to get us both into a nice warm car but we need joonmyeon. Where are the hell are the others anyway?"

"Taxi.." Sehun whispered again, wrapping his arms around his own body as he shivered some more. "Cold.."

"Fine, fine." Luhan frowned. "You are paying the fare, though. Come here."

Sehun held on to Luhan's arm desperately as the older male pulled him out of the amusement park. "I wish I could give you my coat, but all I have is a T-shirt and I don't wanna be half-." Luhan sighed. "I'll try my best to flag a taxi."

"Cold.."

"I know.. just bear it with for a while more..., sehun."

 


 

"HEY, IT'S JONGIN!!" Joonmyeon shouted into Yixing's ears, making Yixing wince and glare at the leader. "JONGIN, JONGIN!!" Joonmyeon waved excitedly, trying to catch the attention of the tanned boy. Jongin had his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder as the both of them stood beside the entrance gates, soaked from head to toe in the pouring rain. No shelter at all.

"Hey, hyung!" Jongin's face lit up as soon as he saw the leader approach them. "WHERE'S THE CAR?"

"My dad is on the way!"

"Where's the others, though?" Kyungsoo asked worriedly, wiping his face. "Baekhyunnie went to buy an umbrella with Chanyeollie.."

"Shucks, I'm worried about Sehun." Jongin grinded his teeth. "He can't get wet."

"Huh?" All eyes were on the youngest there as Jongin nodded absent-mindedly.

"Sehun gets terribly ill everytime he gets wet in the rain. Like a really high fever."

"Oh, dear.. Luhan is with him, isn't it? I trust that Luhan can take care of Sehun." Yixing grabbed his phone. " my phone is wet."

"Ours too."

"I think the members will manage to find their way back to the dorm." Joonmyeon watched chanyeol and baekhyun approach them, happily under the umbrellas they purchased. "We can't wait anymore, we can't fall ill. My dad's here, let's go."

 


 

"Duizhang, its raining." Zitao informed the leader with wide-eyes as Yifan returned with their drinks. The two had decided to rest for a bit and went into a cafe, just before it started raining.

"What a waste."

"What do we do?"

Yifan laughed. "What do you mean, what do we do? We drink our drinks and then get back home."

"How?"

"Either by joonmyeon's car or by a taxi." Yifan sipped his own cup of coffee, looking blissed as he inhaled deeply. "Ah, so warm!"

"Call them."

"What?"

"Call them."

"You do it, can't you see i'm drinking?"

Zitao rolled his eyes before taking out his phone, dialling Baekhyun's number. Baekhyun answered at the third ring. "Baekhyun hyung! ... Oh, really? .. Ah, its okay, i get it. See you later."

"So?" Yifan probed, his eyebrow raised.

"They're already in Joonmyeon's van, they asked us to take a taxi back."

"I knew it. Drink, Zitao, its a beautiful day."

Zitao just rolled his eyes.

 


 

The youngest was only half-conscious as Luhan pulled Sehun out of the taxi. Thankfully Luhan had his wallet with him, and handed the driver the money before he wrapped one strong arm around Sehun's waist and putting Sehun's arm around his own neck. Sehun was taller and rather heavy, so it required quite a lot of effort to pull a shivering Sehun into the lift.

"We're in the lift now.." Luhan gritted his teeth, jabbing the close button. "Hang in there.."

"Luhan.." Sehun whispered hoarsely, trying not to put his entire weight on Luhan. He tried his best to stand, but his legs were weak. "I'm sorry.."

Luhan remained quiet as he helped Sehun into the dorm, immediately bringing him to the bathroom. "Can you strip, or do you need me to help you?"

Sehun would have blushed, but he felt like he was about to die. He nodded weakly. "I'd try.."

"I'd go get your clothes, if you can't, just wait for me." Luhan raced to the wadrobe, casually picking a pair of boxers, top and pants before racing back into the bathroom, turning on the heater. Sehun had only just managed to remove his top. Luhan furrowed his brows, moving close to Sehun as he tugged at the maknae's bottom. Sehun hit his hand away so weakly that nobody would have thought he was really trying. 

"I want to shower by myself, luhan.."

"But you're so weak!"

"Please.."

"Fine! If you're not done in 5 minutes, I'm coming in." Luhan snarled angrily before slamming the door behind him. He hated weak people who refused help. He even felt hurt at Sehun's rejection.

~*~

Luhan stepped out of the bathroom, feeling clean and warm and refreshed after the warm-water bath. The others were not yet back, but it didn't bother him one bit. There was one person that needed his attention much more than any other thing in the world.

Sehun was lying on their shared bed, curled up into a ball as he wrapped the blanket around him. Luhan sat down beside his sleeping form, touching his forehead gently so that he wouldn't wake the maknae. It wasn't just hot. It was burning.

"Sehun.." Luhan pulled the blanket away, looking at how much Sehun was sweating. "Sehun, wake up."

Sehun opened his eyes groggily. "Luhan.."

"I know its uncomfortable for you but you need to get something warm in your stomach first, okay? And then i need to feed you fever pills.. you can't take pills on an empty stomach, its bad for health."

Sehun just stared at him like he didn't understand a single world Luhan said.

"What do you want to eat? Porridge?"

"Ice-cream.."

"Other than that." Luhan couldn't help but smile a little. How cute. "forget it, i'd just cook some porridge. Stay here." He instructed firmly, as though Sehun was even able to move. Sehun just smiled weakly in return.

"I'm not going anywhere."

Luhan felt as though he had finally discovered his super-power. Speed. He was moving around so quickly, even cooking so quickly just to get back to Sehun as soon as possible. He didn't want to let him out of sight, not when he was so sick... and Luhan was just halfway done cooking when the main door opened.

"Luhan, Sehun!" Jongin hollered. "Are you guys home?"

Luhan dashed out of the kitchen, covering Jongin's mouth. "Shh, sehun's asleep!"

"Oh!" Kyungsoo's eyes widened even more, trying to register a white apron on Luhan. Luhan rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. 

"That kid's fever is really high." He informed them. "Do something."

"Its always like this, he always gets high fever after getting wet in the rain." Jongin patted Luhan's arm. "Don't worry, just let him rest and yeah he'd get well."

"So we'll leave him to you, Luhan, I'll help you as soon as I finish showering." Kyungsoo flashed a smile at the older man before disappearing into their bedroom with jongin. Luhan walked back into the kitchen, turning off the stove.

"So we'll leave him to you, Luhan."

~*~

What's the best way to wake up? Waking up warm and wrapped in your blanket? Waking up to the singing of birds?

Luhan likes waking up before his alarm rings and without feeling tired. He likes it when he wakes up and he's warm and wrapped in his blanket, because he actually feels peaceful and happy.

Something just felt off. The room was pitch-dark, probably not even dawn yet as Luhan's eyes snapped open. He rarely woke up in the middle of the night, he usually just slept through and wake up to the sound of his horrible ringing alarm. But the moment Luhan's eyes opened, he knew something was wrong. Well, not exactly wrong. Different would be the word. Maybe even nice.

He shifted in the darkness, unable to see anything but stopped when he felt something warm and heavy on top of him, pressing against his body. His breathing hitched, and his eyes widened as his mind took a few long seconds to fully register what had and was happening.

It seemed like Oh Sehun had found Luhan's body nice and warm when he was still asleep, and had climbed on top of the Chinese man, both arms wrapped tightly around Luhan's waist. Their legs were tangled together and Sehun had tucked his head in the crook of Luhan's neck. A warm, warm Sehun.

Damn.

His hand flew up to the longer boy's hair on its own, it as he listened to Sehun breathe. Using his free hand, he placed it against Sehun's forehead, and relief took over him as he realized that his temperature had gone down a bit. He only remembered feeding Sehun the porridge, then making him eat the fever pills, then Sehun had fallen back asleep quickly with a cool rag on his forehead. Then Luhan had laid down beside him, wanting to take a quick rest but he had fallen asleep.

Luhan shook his head, gently trying to get Sehun off him. He would do anything to keep Sehun there, in that position, because it just felt so surreal and fuzzy, but then that particular memory found its way to his mind's eye. Her voice, too.

"So we have a deal, Luhan?"

"... Yes."

Luhan felt something warm and wet on his face, and he quickly pushed Sehun off him. The younger one rolled off, still deep in slumber as Luhan sat up, gasping now. Did Sehun cry? He sat there for a while, until he decided to get out and check the house for a bit. Noticing that the kitchen light was still on, he silently made his way there, pausing and hiding behind the wall when he heard voices.

"Ah, this is for you!" Jongin's voice, definitely.

"I told you it was for me!" Kyungsoo sniggered.

"No fair, how come everyone buys you something from the amusement park and I get nothing?!"

"Because I'm adorable?"

Jongin chuckled. "You sure are."

And then all was silent. Curious, Luhan moved just a little to see what was going on. Kyungsoo sitting on the edge of the kitchen counter, his legs wrapped tightly around Jongin's waist. They were kissing, the both of them, kyungsoo's fingers tangled in jongin's hair. The first thing Luhan did was turn and run out of the dorm, closing the door quietly after him so that it wouldn't interrupt kyungsoo and jongin's kiss as well as wake Sehun up.

He couldn't. He didn't know what to do. He was in pain.

I'll be alright. Just not tonight.

 


 

"Baekhyun.." Chanyeol stuck out his bottom lip as he stared at the piece of bacon typing away furiously on his laptop. Baekhyun didn't even look away from his screen.

"What, Chanyeol?"

"Turn around."

"Give me a second."

"Turn around."

"I said wait."

"Baekhyun turn around!"

"Alright." Baekhyun slammed his fists on the table, spinning around. "What the is your problem?"

"Nothing." Chanyeol giggled. "I'm bored. Like really very bored."

"And I'm not." Baekhyun sighed. "Too bad for you, Chanyeol."

"Baekhyun."

"WHAT?"

"Play with me.. and Chanbaek." Grabbing the rabbit, Chanyeol shook it in front of Baekhyun, hoping that that would make Baekhyun talk to him and play with him.

"No. Get away from Baekyeol." 

"What the hell are you doing on your laptop anyway?!" Chanyeol growled. "Can I join if you're playing a game?"

"I'm not playing a game!" Baekhyun shook his fist at Chanyeol. "One more time and I'll punch you so hard all your precious teeth will drop out."

"Then what are you doing?" Chanyeol asked, scooting closer to Baekhyun. Baekhyun had turned back to his laptop, oblivious to his surroundings and he nearly jumped in fright when Chanyeol yelled right into his ear.

"YOU'RE READING A BAEKTAO FICTION?"

"What's wrong with that? Its cute!"

"NO!" Chanyeol hit Baekhyun's arm. "YOU JUST CAN'T!"

"Why not? This person made me so cute, hehe. She made zitao turn into a gangster, but still cute." Baekhyun laughed. "You see, "I've never said this before, but byun baekhyun, i like you." Zitao confessed, a tinge of red invading his cheeks. "Not funny." Baekhyun snorted. "I mean it, baekhyun!" Zitao grabbed Baekhyun's wrist before pulling him close and locking their lips together. And i even smiled through the kiss, how cute."

Chanyeol snatched the mouse from Baekhyun and clicked 'BACK'.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Baekhyun kicked Chanyeol's shin. "I only just managed to get to the part when tao finally confesses to me, you dickhead!"

"You. are. only. allowed. to. read. THIS." Chanyeol said each world slowly, staring daggers at the shorter male. Baekhyun almost laughed his off.

"Baekyeol? You see, nobody calls it chanbaek."

"Lets read it together." Chanyeol grinned, "Oooh, i live with kris hyung and sehun. Cute!"

"What the hell, I'm a player?!" Baekhyun yelled. "I don't like this!"

"I don't care, byun baekhyun, you are going to sit back down and enjoy the ing story."

 


 

Sehun woke up a few minutes after Luhan left the room. It was almost as though his body could sense that it had lost its source of heat, although Sehun didn't know he was lying on Luhan because he had did that when he was asleep. Stretching his stiff arms, Sehun sat up, his own palm over his forehead.

Good, the fever's dying down. And his headache was slowly starting to go away.

He walked out of the rather warm and cosy room, intending to get a glass of water.

"Oh, Sehun!" Kyungsoo was sitting on the couch, reading a book. "You're awake!"

"What's the time now?" Sehun asked hoarsely.

"8.46PM." Jongin answered, settling down beside Kyungsoo with a plate of nicely sliced up apples. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yep!" Sehun smiled meekly. "Uhm.. where's Luhan?"

Jongin raised his brows and smiled in such a creepy manner that Sehun went completely red. "I don't know, isnt he in your room?"

"Yeah, the both of you were asleep the last time I checked." Kyungsoo blurted, then his own face reddened. "I didn't mean to, Sehun!"

"What?" Sehun asked, confused.

"You were.. you know.. I didn't mean to see your private moment.."

"What moment?"

"You were lying on Luhan, hugging him and all that.. you looked really warm and peaceful." Kyungsoo bit his lip nervously. Jongin guffawed, putting his arm around the shortest member in EXO as he pinched kyungsoo's cheek.

"I was?" Sehun's heart raced. "I.. probably did it when i was asleep.."

"Anyway, we don't know where Luhan is." Jongin sighed. 

"I got it.. i think i'd go look for him.. and apologize for.. sleeping on top of him.." Sehun's face was flushed, and it wasn't because of the fever. 

"But you're sick!" Kyungsoo protested, wanting to stop sehun but jongin held him back.

"Let him go, baby." He whispered, watching sehun walk out of the door. "Let him go to Luhan."

"But he's sick.." Kyungsoo turned back to Jongin with his usual wide eyes.

"He'll be okay. Trust me."

~*~

Luhan looked around him. He was completely lost. He had no idea where he was headed to, he just kept on walking. Part of him wanted to be found, for someone to come after him. Part of him didn't want to.

Now here's a secret. Earlier that day, not just one deer had appeared in Sehun's stomach. A deer appeared in his own too. Something like deer-ception, a deer within Luhan the deer. And here's another secret: there's just too many things nobody knew about Luhan. Because if they did, they'd hate him.

And the last secret: those weren't Sehun's tears. It was Luhan's.

 


 

*CLEARS THROAT*

Are we ready? HERE WE GO THEN.

Firstly, see the new poster! Its animated!! WEE!!! THANK YOU E4E POSTER SHOP!! :D 

Ohmygod where did you guys come from :") You guys are like ninjas <3 thank you and i really appreciate comments!! Comments that actually are comments, not those 'update soon'.. yeah... *looks down*

this was meant to be a long author note but nevermind, im too lazy.

 

WHAT DO YOU SEE? EXO? YOUR BIAS? ALL I SEE IS KAISOO.

 

I actually found ALOT of cute hunhan and kaisoo gifs but my connection is REALLY laggy here... like REALLY LAGGY im on vacation and the wifi is so bad i want to dig a whole and cry. and what am i doing not having fun on my vacation? Its too ing cold i don't even wanna step out. literally. i'll share more gifs on my next update! :) 

Enjoy xoxo