Chapter 12 : Merry KRISmas!

Falling For You

 

“I can’t believe they actually sent me out with you to go shopping,” Luhan grumbled, a bright yellow scarf wrapped tightly around his neck as he kicked the fallen twigs forward. Sehun pouted, re-wearing his white beanie as the pair made their way to the nearest shopping mall.

It was 8.30AM, 25 December 2012. Christmas day.

The pair had been rudely woken up by a fully awake Joonmyun banging on their door, and he stuffed a notebook into Sehun’s pajama pocket as soon as the youngest opened the door. His instructions had been to go to the nearest shopping mall to purchase those items as Christmas presents for the members, and the Korean leader had claimed that due to last-minute changes, he was not able to go shopping for the presents. When Sehun refused, Joonmyun got mad and told him that the other members would be extremely disappointed at not getting Christmas presents from the leader and this would also make the Koreans look bad because Kris had gotten all 12 of them presents.

Luhan was awake too, snickering quietly as he listened to Joonmyun nagging at Sehun, but Joonmyun had looked over Sehun’s shoulder to check out who the hell was giggling like a . When he realized that Luhan was awake as well, he ordered Luhan to accompany Sehun.

“I am the leader here, and yet I feel like I am not respected!” That sentence had made Luhan agree to go with Sehun reluctantly, resulting in a happy Joonmyun.

“Let’s see what’s on the list,” Sehun mumbled, opening the small notebook Joonmyun had passed him. “Water-bottle for Yixing, bed-sheet for Kris, a pair of gloves for Zitao, a hairband for Luhan!” Sehun stifled a giggle as Luhan’s eyes widened. Grunting in embarrassment, Luhan snatched the notebook over.

“Don’t read it anymore, I’d purchase these! Did he give you the money?”

Sehun nodded, still giggling into his hands. “A hair-band for Luhan!”

“Diapers for Sehun.” Luhan rolled his eyes, stuffing the notebook into the pocket of his brown coat. Sehun turned to him, disbelief written all across his face.

“Liar!”

“It’s true.”

“Show it to me!”

“Ah, it’s in my pocket, I’m too lazy to take it out again.”

“Liar liar liar, hyung is a liar!” Sehun punched Luhan’s shoulder softly.

“…” Hyung. He was starting to hate that word now.      

               

 

The room was still dark when Kyungsoo opened his eyes. He was unable to pinpoint the exact time since it was too dark to see the clock, the room had become so dark at any time of the day after Jongin insisted on adding velvet curtains. Frowning, he patted the empty spot beside him. Jongin no longer slept on his own bed, he would squeeze in beside Kyungsoo every night; two full-grown men on a small single bed.

Not like they minded.

Stretching his stiff muscles, Kyungsoo stumbled out of bed and opened the locked bed-room door, squinting as the bright sunlight poured in and attacked his eyes.

“Jongin?”

The house seemed to be empty. Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes, looking at the clock in the living room. It was only 9AM.

“Jongin ah, where are you?” Kyungsoo called again, his eyes getting wider now. Jongin would never leave him without telling him where he was headed and what he was going to do. Where was Jongin? Slightly panicking now, Kyungsoo dashed back into the room and fumbled around in the dark for his mobile phone. He dialed Jongin’s number, but Jongin’s phone was off.

Kyungsoo sighed as he tied the curtains, letting the soft sunlight light up the entire room before he caught sight of a note taped beside the light-switch.

it’s about time you woke up too. Go to the bathroom please.

Kyungsoo’s frown turned into a small shy smile as he skipped into the bathroom, reading the yellow note taped on the mirror.

Can you please at least comb your hair; go to the wardrobe after you’re done.

Kyungsoo’s smile turned into a wide grin now as he brushed his teeth, combing his messy bed hair before racing over to the wardrobe.

It’s really cold outside today, but the snow’s really pretty. Wear something really warm, and go to the front door J

Kyungsoo was at a loss for words. Silently, he closed his eyes and muttered a silent prayer, thanking God for giving him the best boyfriend in the world.

Jongin was the sweetest man in this entire universe, and he was sure he would not survive without Jongin. Jongin was his oxygen, his life, his entire world.

He was going to do something for Jongin too, no matter what it took.

 

 

 

 

It was already noon when Luhan and Sehun finished shopping, and they were on their way back to the dorm. They were both in a bad mood; they had spent the entire day looking for presents for Kim ing Joonmyun and they were each holding 6 shopping bags. The two did not exchange any words until they reached the dorm again. Groaning, Luhan dumped everything on the floor, kicking the wall childishly.

“I am never going to do this again!”

Sehun let out an amused laugh as he placed his shopping bags beside Luhan’s, his dry lips.

“I think everybody’s out, hyung. It’s Christmas, after all.”

“I have never celebrated Christmas, Sehun, and I don’t really give a damn about Christmas.”

“But hyung,” Sehun pouted, “I want to celebrate Christmas!”

“And who is stopping you?”

“They’re all gone, so its left with me and you..” Sehun started, but Luhan covered his own face, groaning in dismay.

“Do not continue, Oh Sehun.”

“Celebrate Christmas with me, hyung, pleeeeease?” Sehun nudged Luhan’s shoulder with his nose, trying to unleash his aegyo on the grumpy Chinese man. “Bbuing!”

Luhan looked up, a disgusted expression on his face as he punched Sehun’s shoulder.

“Fine!”

 

 

 

 

To Jongin, Kyungsoo was as pure as snow. Kyungsoo was so pure, so unbelievably pure he made Jongin feel guilty at times because he felt like he was tainting Kyungsoo’s innocence. But mostly, he felt unbelievably happy to be the one who was going to taint Kyungsoo’s innocence. Kyungsoo was like a kid most of the time; although he nagged and was a clean freak, he was really innocent.

Kyungsoo was also the most sincere person he had ever come across in 18 years of his life. Kyungsoo treated everyone and everything with so much sincerity, so much love Jongin sometimes felt jealous.

He was a possessive , and he wanted Kyungsoo to look only at him.

Rubbing his hands together, he looked around again. He had woken up at 6AM to put up all the sticky-notes, careful not to wake Kyungsoo who was soundly asleep. He wanted today to be the best day ever, his first Christmas as Do Kyungsoo’s boyfriend.

More importantly, he wanted today to be the best day for Do Kyungsoo.

But still, it was gnawing on his bones; the fact that Kyungsoo had not yet arrived at the park although it was already 9.30AM. Jongin was getting cold and hungry and rather grumpy, because a hungry man is an angry man.

He was thinking of turning on his phone to wake Kyungsoo, but a smile spread across his face as soon as he caught a glimpse of the doe-eyed male approaching him. Kyungsoo was wearing blue jeans and he had a black coat wrapped around his petite frame tightly. His cheeks were pink from the cold, but his eyes were bright with excitement as Kyungsoo caught sight of Jongin as well. His foot-steps became quickly and eventually turned into huge running steps before Kyungsoo leaped into Jongin’s arms, squeezing his boyfriend’s waist tightly.

“Merry Christmas, Jongin!”

As much as Jongin would love to kiss his face off right there and then, he could not bear to ruin the surprise. Pushing Kyungsoo away, he wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo’s narrow shoulders and spun him around so that they were both facing the tree.

It was like any other normal tree, really, but Jongin had turned it into a Christmas tree.

He had hung stars and hearts all around the branches, a big pink ribbon around the enormous trunk, and there were many presents scattered around the tree, making Kyungsoo squeal in delight.

“Merry Christmas, Kyungsoo.” Jongin whispered, watching Kyungsoo choose a light blue parcel before unwrapping it to find an empty box. Kyungsoo turned back to give him a confused look, but Jongin simply shrugged, smirking.

He was not that rich to be able to afford so many presents for Kyungsoo yet, in fact, out of the 30 parcels there, there was only one present. The rest were all empty.

It took 10 minutes and 26 seconds for Kyungsoo to find the silver parcel that contained his present, and his eyes filled with tears as soon as he unwrapped it.

There was a pretty little dark blue case, and he opened it to find a silver ring resting amongst the fluffy cotton. Gently, Kyungsoo picked the ring up, reading the word that had been carved on the simple silver band.

There was only one word, 7 letters, but it meant much more to the both of them.

It was a promise, an unspoken promise which was obviously mutual.

Forever

“I didn’t get something as fancy as this for you,” Kyungsoo sobbed, tears trickling out of his eyes as he tried to wipe it away, embarrassed. Jongin’s heart softened as the tanned male brushed his knuckles against Kyungsoo’s cold cheeks.

“I have never expected anything from you.”

“I’m so touched right now, Jongin..”

“I would kiss you here, right now, but there’s people walking around us..” Jongin pouted adorably, sliding the ring on to Kyungsoo’s index finger as he patted the back of Kyungsoo’s head. “And we can’t get found out, can we? But I dare you, really.”

 Kyungsoo’s eyes filled up with happy tears again before he tiptoed to throw his arms around Jongin’s neck, drawing him closer and closer until their noses were touching.

“Merry Christmas, Jongin.”

Kyungsoo latched his lips firmly on to Jongin’s, and shivered at how amazing it felt. The warmth Jongin was radiating felt so good, so unbelievably heart-warming as Kyungsoo shoved his tongue in, one hand on Jongin’s cheek to caress it. The two kissed, Jongin allowing Kyungsoo to dominate the kiss this time round as he placed his hands on either side of Kyungsoo’s waist. He loved Kyungsoo’s hip-bones, they were so cute.

Jongin pulled away first, a thin thread of saliva connecting their lips as he smirked at Kyungsoo’s flushed face. The world had disappeared, the people had disappeared, in Jongin’s world, there was only him and Kyungsoo.

Gingerly, he nudged Kyungsoo’s nose with his own, both of them whispering ‘merry Christmas’ and ‘I love you’ until the words got lost in the passion of another kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

“I swear it’s following me!” Luhan quickened his foot-steps, then turned right, and left, and stopped abruptly, hiding behind Sehun. Sehun ignored Luhan pointedly as he bend down to take the cute little puppy into his arms, patting the puppy’s head.

“Hey there, you little thing, where are you headed to?” Sehun cooed, the puppy’s head. The puppy was a beauty; all white with a little brown spot near its tail, and Luhan had insisted that the puppy was following them.

“You’re crazy if you’re talking to a dog!” Luhan had a phobia of dogs, a fact Sehun had learnt just a few minutes earlier as he continued to smile at the puppy in his arms.

“It’s a she!” Sehun mumbled, “You’re a really pretty baby, you know that?”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Can you throw that thing somewhere and let’s go?”

“Aw, she’s beautiful, hyung!” Sehun ignored Luhan pointedly, smiling. “We should take her to Jongin, I don’t have the heart to leave her out here. It’s so cold, too!”

“I hate dogs!” Luhan growled, then crossed his arms. “I’m leaving in 5 seconds, Oh Sehun.”

“I’ll give you a pretty name, because pretty dogs deserve pretty names..” Sehun turned away from Luhan, already walking forward as he continued to talk to the puppy. “How about Snow?”

“How on earth is Snow a pretty name?” Luhan huffed, following after Sehun.

The pair had their Christmas lunch in a restaurant that served French cuisine, and were planning to walk around for a bit but then Luhan kept turning around to see the same puppy following after them. He refused to move on if the puppy continued to follow them.

“Luhan, can you please help me call Jongin hyung?”

Luhan was going to refuse, but then Sehun had called him Luhan instead of hyung, and he had no idea why his fingers obediently grabbed the phone in his pocket. He dialed Jongin’s number, but the phone was off.

“His phone is off.”

“Aw, what do we do then? Shall we bring snow back to the dorm?”

Luhan’s eyes widened and he back off from Sehun slowly, as though Sehun had some kind of contagious disease. “No, ing, way.”

“I can’t leave Snow here!”

“Bring it to a dog shelter.”

“Dog shelters are cruel!”

“Throw it away!”

“LUHAN!” Sehun hollered, deliberately stepping on the older male’s foot. “You’re mean!”

Luhan winced in pain. Damn, Sehun was most certainly heavy.

“Whatever do you want me to do then?!”

“Let’s bring  Snow back to the dorm, please? Please please please?”

“I really hate you, Oh Sehun.” Luhan started, his face reddening. “I wish I could punch you, slap you, kick you, rip you into shreds and toss you far far away so that you’d never appear again. I wish I could grab your hair and cut it all off, you’d hear my scissors going snip-snip-snip as your pretty little hair falls and you start to cry – “

“Let’s go home, Snow!” Sehun grinned. “Thanks, Luhan, love you.”                           

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing hated Christmas. He hated festivals, because it made him miss his family even more. And he hated festivals a lot more because he couldn’t celebrate it with Luhan.

Luhan was somewhere with Sehun, according to Joonmyun, and although he felt happy with the knowledge that Luhan was probably happy, he also felt really jealous.

“Kris.” Yixing acknowledged as the tall and handsome leader sat down beside him, holding a glass. Wordlessly, Yixing poured the liquor into Kris’s cup.

“Both lonely, aren’t we? Celebrating Christmas all alone.”

“We’re having a Christmas party tonight, aren’t we?” Yixing frowned. “I got the presents ready.”

“The afternoon.” Kris smiled sadly. “Alone in the afternoon.”

“You no longer are, now. I’m here.” Yixing hesitantly patted Kris’s back, because Kris looked trouble and sad and angry all at once. “What happened?”

“It’s nothing.”

“I am not going to repeat my question anymore. Tell me, Kris.”

Kris took a sip, then gulped down the entire glass before turning to Yixing with bloodshot eyes. It was evident that the leader had been crying.

“He likes someone else.”

Yixing did not even bother to play dumb as he caught on quickly. “Zitao?”

“He likes someone else.” Kris repeated, then laughed without humor, pouring himself another glass of liquor. “Isn’t this hilarious? I like him, and he likes someone else. A girl, Yixing, he likes a girl.”

“How did you find out?”

“He came to me this morning, and he didn’t even bother sugar-coating his words.” Kris’s brows were raised. “He came to me and told me that he was dating a girl he really liked, and he wanted me to approve although manager said we aren’t allowed to date. He said he’s willing to break up if I disapproved because I’m the leader, I’m the true leader in his heart, but he said he wished for me to approve. He said that would be the best Christmas present ever.” Kris laughed again, slamming the glass on the table. “That bastard.”

“And you approved?”

“I did, yes. What else could I say, Yixing? There was nothing else I could say.”

“Hey, if it makes you feel better, Luhan likes someone too. I’m pretty sure he likes Sehun. I’m not going to let myself fall apart because of that,  Kris. I have you, and you have me, we’re gonna stick together, aren’t we? We’re gonna get through this bull together.” Yixing slowly wrapped a loose arm around Kris’s shoulders, comforting him. “We’re gonna get through this, together.”

“What was your Christmas wish, Yixing?” Kris asked after a moment of silence. The corner of Yixing’s lips curved up, and he sipped the cool drink.

“A kiss.”

“Pardon?”

“A kiss,” Yixing repeatedly, looking right into kris’s eyes. “I wished for a kiss. What about you?”

“Love.” Kris admitted, his own cheeks reddening. “I wished for love.”

“Let’s grant each other’s wishes, Kris.” Yixing placed his hands on Kris’s kneecaps, slowly leaning forward until he could feel Kris’s breath on his face, and the leader’s eyes penetrating into his own. “I’ll give you love, and you’ll give me a kiss.. just for today.”

If there had been any hesitation, Kris was quick to hide it. The taller of the two leaned forward as well, pressing his own lips against Yixing’s trembling lips. Yixing moved first, and soon enough the two of them were moving in sync, lips moulded as tongues mated.

When they broke apart, Kris was smiling.

“Merry Christmas, Yixing.”

Caught up in the moment, Yixing replied by reattaching his lips with Kris’s again before mumbling a faint ‘Merry Christmas’ through the kiss that was no longer a Christmas present but his own desire.

 

                                            

 

 

 

“What?” Luhan asked for umpteenth time, staring at the puppy who was staring right back with her large eyes. He was seated at the other end of the room, far away from Snow. Sehun had went down to purchase food for the puppy, and he had begged Luhan to ‘look after’ Snow. Luhan was tempted to grab Snow and toss her out of the window, but nah, he still had a heart.

Snow whimpered softly, before she got up and starting approaching Luhan. Luhan’s eyes widened and he stood up, pressing himself against the wall flatly.

“Stay away from me!”                     

Snow continued to trot happily, until she was sniffing Luhan’s white feet before it. Something went off in Luhan, and he slowly bend down until he could poke the puppy’s head.

Warm.

Really, really warm.

It reminded him of Sehun. Sehun would automatically curl up beside Luhan, snuggling and sometimes even hugging Luhan to sleep, but Luhan had not told anyone about that. Sehun did that in his sleep, not when he was conscious.

The warmth reminded Luhan of Sehun a lot, and a small smile appeared on Luhan’s face as the poking turned into .

“You’re not that scary after all,… snow.”

The door flew open, and Sehun barged in, grinning.

“I bought you a present, hyung!”

“Yeah, right, you probably expect something from me as well.” Luhan muttered, watching as Sehun emptied the contents of the shopping bag.

A small packet of dog-food, and a yellowish-white beanie which looked incredibly soft.

“This beanie was on sale, and I immediately thought of you when I saw it!” Sehun beamed, tossing the beanie. Luhan caught it perfectly, the material of the beanie trapped perfectly between his fingers.

It was the first time anyone had ever given him a Christmas gift. He didn’t celebrate Christmas back in China, and after he came to Korea, he didn’t celebrate it as well.

“Merry Krismas, Luhan hyung!” Sehun called cheerfully. “Merry Krismas to you too, Snow!”

As Luhan looked at Sehun beaming innocently, the only sound he could hear was the soft pitter-pattering of the rain against the window panes, humming a melody that lighted him up from inside and the words were out before he could stop them.

“Merry Christmas to you too, Sehun ah.”

"Did you see what I did there, though, hyung?"

Luhan frowned, and then shrugged.

Sehun let out a giggle before sticking his tongue out. "I said, merry krismas! K-R-I-S-M-A-S!"

                                             


 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ♥ i hope you guys had fun today! ^^
Thanks for those who upvoted this story; MinYa10 , malayficsonly , exosani , love_letters , kpop_craze15 , isaacrom93 , kibummiewaifu ! ♥ love you guys so much!
And of course thanks to my 145 subscribers! ^^

 

MERRY KRISMAS!! xoxo