Chapter 9

Heaven


A/N: HEY GUYS! I'm overseas!! WOOHOO! But that means I might not be able to update as much :[ since i have homework to complete and places to go D; but yeah, here it is~

ooh, and i think some people were confused from chapter 8, well the reason GaYun has AIDS, is because well, she had a lot with Hoya, for the money for Myungsoo~ and yeah, okay, ill just write now

---

Your POV

I woke up at nine something on Saturday. I basically slept for the whole entire day. Great going GaYun.

"Sleeping beauty, wake up." Sunggyu called.

I decided to go back to sleep. I'm so tired I'm hallucinating.

"GAYUN WAKE UP NOW." He banged.

I shot up and ran to the door.

"YEAH?!" I asked, shocked when I saw he was there.

"What happened to you?" he asked, eyeing me up and down.

I ran inside and looked into my bathroom's mirror. My hair was sticking out from different directions, and my face was just dead.

"WAIT A MINUTE." I screamed as I tried to groom myself.

"Ready?" he asked, smiling at me.

"Yeah." I said, jumping onto the couch with him.

"Want to go?"

"Go where?" I asked.

"Party! It's the weekend! Come on!" he said, pulling me with him.

"I'm in thongs and pjs Sunggyu." I said.

"Well then wear something else then." he said, pushing me towards my room.

I quickly changed in jeans and a shirt.

"Perfect" he said, holding my hand to his car.

I felt a strange volt of electricity race through me as his fingers were lacing with mine. I smiled as he led us downstairs.

As I got into the car, I was about to fall asleep, but the car was already at the club by then.

"Club? Really?" I laughed as he opened the car door for me.

"Oh why not. You haven't had some fun in a while." he said, pulling me with him.

We walked past the securities and straight to the bar.

"Stay here, I'm just going to go over there for a little." he said, pointing to a group of girls in a corner of the dancefloor.

He left me and joined them gleefully. The girls here were giving me weird stares, well I would too. It's so god damn hot in this place, and I'm wearing jeans. The girls were in dresses and  heels and I had socks and sandals on. It was cold outside okay? I placed some lip balm on, to feel less underdressed.

"Would you like a drink?" someone asked, tapping me on my shoulder.

I thought about it. There's heaps of incidents of people spiking each other's drinks and one night stands happening. Should I do it? He gave me a weird look as I debated if I should take a drink from him or not.

Oh what the heck. Stuff it, why not?

"Sure." I smiled, following him to the bar.

I saw the bartendar make the drink infront of me myself, so I wasn't too scared of this guy.

"I'm Woohyun. Do you go here often?" he asked. (a/n; i don't think I have used Woohyun in the story yet have I?)

"Ah, no, this is my first time." I said.

"Oh, I see. Well then, do you want to just hang with me? Or you can just join everyone else if you want." he smiled.

"I'll just stick with you for now." I said.

He led me to one of the rooms that oversees the entire club.

"Did you come here by yourself?"

"Uh, no, my friend is with some girls." I said, sipping the strong alcohol.

"Ah, I see." he said.

It was awfully silent between us, but I liked the awkward tension. It's been a while since I've met anyone new, and the adrenaline is just awesome.

"Did you, um, want to join my friend? He's near our room too." he offered after a while.

"I don't mind." i said, standing up after him.

He showed me the place and went to take a seat. I sat next to him but felt extremely disgusted. There were three girls in there with one guy.

The table was filled with empty wine bottles, and glasses of wine spilling everywhere. The guy seemed to dress sophistcated, but his actions speak otherwise. A girl was his thigh, another was just going drunk by herself in the corner, and the third girl was sitting ontop of him, while they were intensely making out. His hand was around her waist, a bit too low down her waist, and his other hand was smothering another girl's thigh. I don't even understand how I could be sitting here.

I looked away, trying to calm myself from such absurd actions infront of me.

"It's alright, he's always like this." Woohyun whispered.

I tried to give an awkward smile, but I couldn't.

"You certainly do dress very different." Woohyun chuckled, trying to start a convo.

"Ah, yeah, my friend kinda took me by surprise. I didn't know we would go here." I explained.

"No, no.It's not like it's a bad thing or anything! You look nice." he complimented.

"Thank you." I said, looking down at my drink, allowing my fringe to cover my face.

"You got a girl already?" his friend asked.

"Don't worry about us, just continue with whatever you're doing." Woohyun said.

"I'll see you later." his friend said and i heard the click clacking of the girl's heels as they walked out of the room.

"She's an interesting one." his friend said.

"Yeah, she is." Woohyun said.

"And what's your name pretty lady?" he asked.

"Ey, back off Myungsoo." Woohyun said.

I looked up immediately, my eyes widening when I heard of his name.

"Gayun?" Myungsoo asked.

"Ah, haha, hi." I said.

"I didn't know you like these kind of places. I guess after those videos, you might have changed a little." he snickered.

"Gayun? Oh. Um, I'll let you guys have your time." Woohyun said and quickly bolted out of the room.

"I think I'll leave now." I smiled, wearing on my backpack.

"Why don't you stay for a drink?" he offered, pouring some wine.

I sat back down and gulped down the alcohol.

"Alright, I had a drink. I think I should go." I said, standing and bowing to him.

"Hey, hey, hey. Why so hasty?" he asked, taking my hand.

I yanked it back and gave him a hard stare.

"What do you what?" I asked.

"I heard that you did your little stunt for me and the company huh?" he asked, leaning back onto the couch.

"If that's what you think, then so be it." I said.

----

Myungsoo's POV

Yeap, she hasn't changed a bit. I knew she was going to say that.

"And I know you're the anonymous who sent me the money as well." I said.

"If that's what you think." she repeated, giving me a blank face.

"If you were to have sent me money, at least send money that isn't dirty."I said.

-----

Your POV

"I won't. Alright? I won't worry about you no more, and all that, alright? I'm sorry that I was worrying about my husband, alright?" I said.

"You just need to accept that we're through. How hard is that?" he asked.

There was no way i could have answered that. No, I don't understand and cannot accept why and how we are through. Because to me, we're still the old couple we were, not what we are now.

"Ah, did you hear about Sunggyu being fired by the way?" he asked.

I turned around and looked at him. Didn't Sunggyu say that he found a new job?

"You guys are so romantic aren't ya? He stood up for you and got fired." he snobbed.

"So you fired him because he was sticking up for someone?" I asked.

"Yeap." he said simply.

I sighed, trying to calm down before having to beat him up.

"How come you're trying to get into Woohyun's pants? Where's Sunggyu?" he asked.

"It shouldn't be your business." I replied, leaving the room.

"HEY! Can't you live without a man?" he screamed as I walked further away.

I looked around the dancefloor, trying to look for someone with red hair.

"Sunggyu. Sunggyu, SUNGGYU!" I screamed while he was grinding up with some girl.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to go first okay?" I screamed over the booming music and walked outside first.

I checked my bag to see if I had any money on me so I can buy a bus ticket home.

"Wait up!" Sunggyu said, pulling me back towards him.

"No, you can go back inside, I just wanted some sleep." I said, trying to make him let go of me.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

I nodded happily before turning around. I walked in the happiest posture I can. I searched through all my pockets, but there wasn't even a penny on me. I brought everything with me but money. Wow. Why is this so surprising?

Walking home isn't too far, and it's only just pass midnight. I walked, trying to steady myself as the alcohol was kicking in.

"What? You don't want my dirty cash? Then where the hell are you going to get money to save your company huh?" I laughed as the environment was becoming hazzy.

"We're through? THEN WHY DID YOU COME LOOKING FOR ME!" I screamed.

And just on cue, rain came pouring down. I didn't even realise until I heard the thunderstorms. I looked into my bag for my umbrella. I don't see the point of it though, I'm already drenched anyways. I walked the rest of the way home, thinking of the way Myungsoo had moved on.

I turned the key and closed the door behind me. My bag was thrown to it's usual place, and I fell right onto the couch. My bedroom was way to far for me to reach.

My phone's ringtone rung loudly through out the apartment, echoing into every room. I went to reach for it, but it seems as though I'm a blind man. Well obviously, since I didn't even bother to turn on the lights.

Eventually, the person stopped calling and I had a moment of resting time. The phone rang again, but I barely heard it this time. I was thinking.

Did Myungsoo really change? Or is it because he wanted to get over me? Nah, probably not.

But I can't help but to think back to who he was back then and who he is now. I remembered his smile as he drove us to and from work. I remebered waking up to his innocent face in the morning and falling asleep seeing his face. My life was revolved around Myungsoo, and his life was revolved around  me. But now, not anymore. He has others. He moved on. He has a future, a career, children to take care of. And what do I have? Some stupid disease.

I thought about it, the only reason Myungsoo left was because I'm barren. If only I wasn't barren, if only I wasn't born this way. If only I didn't meet Myungsoo, maybe then, he wouldn't have to go through so much trouble. Why didn't I try to understand him? He needs someone to be the heir to Kim Co. too doesn't he? What if I pass away? He would need a companion right?

If only I had understood him, or at least tried to understand him, then I wouldn't have needed to leave the company. I still could've been able to support him and the company, then I wouldn't have to meet Hoya, and turn out to be like this.

I felt my stomach rumbling and a bitter taste in my mouth. I raced to the bathroom just in time to vomit. How did I even turn out to be this drunk? I barely drank anything. I wiped my mouth and went to wash my face.

I looked into the mirror. Usually, at this kind of time, I would be warm and secure in bed with Myungsoo, but instead, I'm spewing and looking like dog sick. I pushed the hair behind my ear and washed my face a little more before wiping it dry.

I stumbled my way to the kitchen, searching for the packet of panadol. It would have helped if I had the lights on, but I felt like if I was to move any further, my head would explode. My head is banging and my feet were going numb. Finally, I felt the package and tried to get a cup of water. I took out a few pills and chugged them down. I walked back but tripped on the edge of the couch, ending up on the floor in a big heap. Great. Not only do I have a banging sensation inside my head, but also outside. Awesome.

"Gayun! Gayun! Are you alright?" someone's voice called out, shaking me.

"I'm alright." I said, trying to get up.

"No you're not." they said and scooped me up, helping me to my room.

In this kind of situation, I should run. What if it's some burgular? But would a burgular take care of me?

---------

Myungsoo's POV

Dammit Myungsoo, when are you going to stop your cool act? Pushing her away is only going to make life harder for her.

I raced out of the club booth and got into my car. I tried to call her, but I don't think her phone was even with her. It was raining heavily and I hurried, hoping she had already arrived home.

I ran up the stairs and looked for her door. Her door was slightly open and there was a big puddle infront. Did someone come in? I peeked in, seeing that the house was dark. Crap, a burgular must be around. I calmed down, trying to think of a way to rescue Gayun. Then I heard a big bang. I bolted in and I made out Gayun's figure on the floor.

And that's how I ended up taking care of Gayun. I washed her face and tucked her in. I made some congee for her to eat when she wakes up.

Gayun must have worked alot. Her cheekbones are more defined and her complaxion is much more pale now. Where did her rosy cheeks go? Where did her smile go?

"Sunggyu..sunggyu...thank you.." she said, turning in her sleep.

Sunggyu, he must have done a lot for her. I'm grateful.

Throughout her sleep, all she muttered was Sunggyu's name. I couldn't take it anymore and left. Can't she think of me for once?

----

Author's POV

Myungsoo closed the door and stormed out, making his way down the stairs. While Gayun was twisting and turning in her sleep. Her eyebrows knotted and she whispered,  Sunggyu, thank you, but I'm sorry. It has to be Myungsooo.

----

Your POV

I woke up with a massive headache and my breath stank. i washed up before getting dressed.

I went for a cup of water when I saw some food on the table.

I sat down and opened it to see congee. Did Sunggyu come over last night? No wonder why I was on my bed this morning. Aish, so embarrassing. Who knows what I could've muttered in my sleep.

I chugged it down since I haven't ate anything since yesterday. There was a slightly burnt taste and for a split second, I thought that it would be Myungsoo's congee,  but I snapped out of it. Why would Myungsoo make me congee?

I washed the plates and took my bag, heading to the doctors.

Turns out, I have a fever, and the doctor recommended I take some rest. He even told me to get some medicine that can reduce the pain of the AIDS.

What? He wants me to spend 30 bucks on medicine? The stupid disease doesn't even hurt me, so I didn't bother getting it. On the way home, I went to find a job for the weekends since I'm always free then.

I got back home and slept for the whole day, like per usual. There wasn't much that I do really, besides working and sleeping.

When i woke up, it was back to my normal life again. I prepared for work and carried my bag of uniforms with me. The day passed, and my bed greeted me again. The week passed and my bed met me again after the week was done. The month was over and my bed had become lovers with me. A few more months passed, and I was still seeing my bed.

Everyday, it ended with me going back to bed. I couldn't even recall the events that happened. I didn't even remember that my own birthday passed, and that Christmas was long over. I was about to sleep through New Year's if it wasn't for Sunggyu. Since it was New Years, I was able to get the day off, and I was about to spend it sleeping, but Sunggyu came over with flowers and I just couldn't say no.

I haven't been hanging with him for a while, and I thought it was time for me to let loose and have fun.

"Dress up a little! It's New Years!" Sunggyu encouraged when I came out in my usual jeans and tshirt attire.

"I don't have anything fancy enough." I said.

"Liar." he said, pushing me into my room, and began plucking out outfits after outifits.

"How about this one?" he asked, showing me a deep blue dress.

"Gayun-ah, look at what I got you?" Myungsoo asked, shoving a box into my face.

"What?" I asked, stretching, sitting up from my nap.

"A DRESS!" He said and opened the box for me.

"Do you like it? Do you LIKE IT!?!?" he asked, jumping up and down in excitement.

"Yes I like it." i smiled, looking at the dress.

"Try it on for me now!!" he forced me.

I walked out turning for him and smiled at him.

"Perfect." he whispered, gazing at me.

"Now let's go!" he said, pulling me out of the house with him.

"You didn't even let me change shoes." I complained when he parked the car.

"I don't think you want to walk in heels." he said, holding my hand leading me up a steep hill.

"Ah, now we just need to wait." he said, looking at the view of the city.

"Why are we here?" I asked him again for the ten thousandth time.

"Because." he said, and the fireworks went off.

I looked at my watch, and saw that it was New Years.

"I love you." he whispered, hugging me from behind.

Myungsoo never paid attention to me before, because our marriage was arranged, and I never dreamnt of the day he would actually say those words and mean them. I held tightly onto his hands and we enjoyed the fireworks together, for the first time.

"Gayun? Gayun?" Sunggyu asked, poking me.

"Ah, yeah sure." I said, coming out of my flashback.

"Great, wear it on then." he said, walking out of my room.

"Wait what?" I asked, but he was already outside.

Why is he telling me to wear this dress again?

 I stripped and wore on the dress, and the memories clung onto me as I walked with the dress on.

"Perfect." Sunggyu whispered, the same way Myungsoo did.

"Let's go!" he said, pulling me outside.

How could this be? There can't possibly be this kind situation. How does he even know this dress to pick out?

And when i thought it couldn't get any weirder, I saw that I was wearing slippers, like I did on that day, and Sunggyu parked near that same hill. No, this can't be.

"Do you, come here often?" I asked him on the way up.

"No, I don't." he answered.

"How did you know to take me here?" I asked.

"Um, er, no, er, reason." he said.

Strange. Usually, he never stutters, what's wrong with him today?

"Aren't we here a little too early?" I asked, looking at my watch.

We still had an hour left before New Years. I wish I had brought a jacket with me.

"Wait a second, I'm going to get us something to drink." Sunggyu said and walked off.

"But there aren't any vending machines around!" I said, turning around but he was around gone.

I slumped my shoulders and looked at the sky. How long has it been? I never noticed, but it's been a while since I've been seperated from Myungsoo. To think of it, his children would have started high school by now. Where as I'm playing with Sunggyu's feelings. I didn't even think of Sunggyu. Even though he's younger than me, he's almost reaching thirty now, and I haven't even allowed him some time to seek someone who he needs.

I heaved a sigh, looking at the sky. Will Myungsoo come back?

"What's on your mind?"

"Sunggyu, you're back." I smiled, but frowned when I saw Myungsoo.

"Did I disappoint you?" he chuckled.

"I think I should go and tell Sunggyu that there's no vending machines around." I said, standing up.

"He set this up for us." Myungsoo said.

"Just the more reasons for me to go to him." I said, walking away from him.

"Why can't you give me another chance?" he asked.

"Why don't I give you a chance? Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"

"It's the past already Gayun, come on. We  can start over, right?" he smiled.

"No, we can't. I don't need you  anymore." I lied.

"Then why? Why are you working from day to night? Why are you pushing me away but still helping me out? If you didn't need me, then why aren't you accepting Sunggyu?" he asked me, inching closer.

"That's none of your business." I said.

"Gayun, you don't need to be strong anymore, it's okay." he smiled, looking at me.

"I think it's better if you leave me alone." I said.

----

Myungsoo's POV

I dusted the bench and sat down.

"Did it hurt?" I asked, leaning back to look at the stars.

"Did what hurt?"

"When I left." I said.

She cringed a little and sat down.

"Yeah, it did. A lot. But it's okay now." she said.

"Why did you wait for me?" I asked.

"Because, you're still my husband." she said.

I looked over at her.

"The stars are beautiful, aren't they?" she asked, looking at me.

I leaned closer to her, feeling her heaving breathing, breathing in her perfume. I placed my hand on the bench for support and closed the space between us until our noses touched. I smiled, looking at her.

---

Your POV

Myungsoo's scent was making me spin and his gaze made me dizzy. I almost allowed him to kiss me before I realise that I wasn't able to make such physical contact with him. There was no way I'm going to risk doing anything when I have this disease. I dodged the event by turning over to look at the stars, making him only pecking my cheek.

---

Sunggyu's POV

Myungsoo's lips landed softly on her cheeks as she turned her head in time to face the sky.

Myungsoo pulled her head onto his shoulder, placing his arm securely around her waist. Their heads tilted slightly, looking into the night. Gayun jumped a little when the fireworks began whizzing in the sky. Purple, blue, red, pink, yellow, green. Any color you name, it's there. The sky was filled with maginificent shapes created by the fireworks, and in a distant, the sound of people cheering was audible.

Myungsoo pulled her closer, closing the slight space between them and leant his head on hers.

"Happy New years, Happy new Years." I sang while opening the can of beer I had in the back of my car.

I sighed, drinking the alcohol. I opened a packet of chips and enjoyed it.

"I hope this New Year treat you well." I whispered to Gayun before making my way back home.

I twisted the key of the apartment and walked in to see Sungyeol sleeping on the couch.

"Yah, didn't I tell you to not sleep here? You're not going to grow if you keep sleeping on the couch." I said, shaking him.

"Hyung, I'm going to be taller than you soon." he laughed, waking up.

"Happy New Years." I smiled at him.

Sungyeol hugged me close, making the situation awkward since he wouldn't let go.

"Er..Sungyeol..this is kinda.."

"She went back to Myungsoo didn't she?" Sungyeol asked.

"How did you.."

"Did you know how long I waited for you today? How dare you hang with pretty noona? Didn't I place dibs on her?" he asked, marching into the kitchen.

"You were taking too long and I didn't know what to do at home, so I made this." he said, showing me a cake with failed decorations and a "Happy New Years" written in chocolate in the center of the cake.

"Gee, this is so touching." I said, looking at the cake.

"I know, I know. but it isn't as touching as this!" he screamed and smashed the cake in the face.

"KIM SUNGYEOL!"

----

a/n: I actually did half of this update a while ago, but I couldn't finish it til now D; sorry!!! Please comment! :)