Chapter 1

Heaven

Your POV

I took the bus home today since my car broke down a few days ago. I took a look at the bag of his favourite coffee beans. I bet he’d smile like an idiot when he sees them.

I wiped the droplets of sweat off my forehead when I reached the gates of our house. I straightened out my skirt and fixed my blazer. I took out my mirror to check that my hair is in placed and fixed any make up smudges. I smiled into the mirror before placing it back in my hand bag.

I fiddled inside my bag for the keys and opened the door.

“Yeobo, I’m home!” I said, waving the bag of coffee beans in front of me as I turn to close the door.

I turned to see Myungsoo’s secretary on his lap. I looked away to allow them to have some privacy. I turned around to see her fix her skirt and back on the couch.

“Y-you’re home early today.” he said awkwardly.

“Yeah, I guess.” I smiled.

“I think I have some papers I still have to do. I’ll be leaving first.” the secretary said, getting her bag.

“No no, it’s okay, did you want some tea while discussing some of the work?” I offered.

“I’m alright thank you. See you tomorrow boss.” she bowed to Myungsoo and then me before making her way to the door.

“Well it was nice seeing you!” I said and locked the door.

“Gayun,” Myungsoo began.

“I need to get a shower first. I’ll talk to you when I get out!” I smiled.

I took my heels off and left them on the shoe self, second row, just besides Myungsoo’s, like always. I took my hair tie out and went to our room.

I locked the door and took off my clothes, placing them on the hangers next to Myungsoo’s suits. I took a towel and some clothes to the bathroom. I turned the water on and rinsed my hair before scrubbing some shampoo on it. I left on some conditioner and rinsed my body.

I tried to convince myself that I saw nothing. That’s right, when I come out of the shower, Myungsoo is going to greet me happily and give me a kiss before telling me about his day at work. That’s right, and then he’s going to complain about how we don’t have udon for dinner, eventhough we had it the night before. I smiled, thinking about the usual routine that I never get tired of.

But no matter how good I am at lying, I can’t convince myself this time that what I saw wasn’t true. Was that why he left his work department earlier today? Nah,  he just came home earlier because he needed to do work and wanted to spend time with me rather than having to do work.. Obviously, it’s not like he’s having an affair or anything of that sort. Of course not. I facepalmed myself. How can I be so stupid? Anyone but Myungsoo would have an affair. I know him too well.

I walked out of the shower and wiped off the make up that I forgot about, and blow dried my hair. I changed into comfortable clothes and walked out into our bedroom. 

I looked at the our wedding picture and blushed crazily. I can remember walking down the aisle to see Myungsoo’s smile. I can remember how we confirmed our love infront of everyone.

I brushed my hair briefly before walking out of the room to get ready to make dinner.

“Gayun-ah, I think we need to talk.” he said when he saw me.

“Do you want udon for dinner tonight again?” I smiled at him and went to the kitchen to get out his favourite packet of udon noodles.

“Honey, please listen for a moment.” he said, loosening his tie.

“So how was work? You must have had a lot of stress today. You should go rest for a little.” I said, pushing him towards our bedroom.

I know what he’s going to say, and I don’t want to hear it. I don’t want to acknowledge it directly from him. I cleared my mind from the topic and went to boil the noodles. I hummed a tune as I waited for the water to boil. 

I made the udon the way he likes it best and a special cup of coffee. I set out the table and went to call him out.

“Oppa, time to eat.” I said, knocking on the door.

He walked out and sat on the left side of the table, across from me, like always. I am right after all; everything is normal like yesterday.

“You need to try the coffee, the lady at the market gave it to me cheaper today.” I said, pushing the coffee to him.

He takes a sip of the coffee and sets it down.

“You don’t like it? I’m sorry, I’ll make it better next time! Promise! How about a cup of wine then?” I asked, standing up to get a bottle of red wine.

“Gayun, we have to talk.” he said.

“Today at work, I saw that you looked really tired, so I thought that I can give you a neck massage!” I said, walking over to him.

I massaged his neck, just like I always do when I get home. It must be really tough to be the son of someone who owns such a big company like his father does. He always come home tired and stressed, but after we talk and I give him a neck massge, he would be bright again.

“Gayun, sit down.” he ordered as he took my hands off him.

“What’s wrong? Is the udon cold? Did you already eat?” I asked him.

“Gayun, just let me talk!” He screamed.

“I’m sorry. I’m listening now.” I said, waiting for him to talk.

“I think, it’s time we take a break.” he said, massaging his temple.

“From what?” I asked.

“From us, from this marriage. That’s what. You saw it all before, why can’t you just accept it?” he asked.

“I can forget what I saw. I can forgive you, that’s fine with me. As long as I don’t lose you.” I said and smiled at him, hoping my eyes won’t sparkle from the tears.

“Gayun-ah, I’m tired of this. I just don’t want this anymore.” he said.

“I’m sorry I made you feel that way.” I said, trying to supress the tears.

“It isn’t your fault.” he said simply.

“When did it begin?” I asked.

“Let’s not talk about that.” he said and walked off.

He came back, pushing an envelop to me.

“What’s this?” I asked.

“A divorce form.” he said.

“Can’t we just forget about this? You can still be with her, it’s okay for me.” I begged.

I can endure all the pain, I can endure anything, anything but this.

“Gayun, you need to move on. I don’t need you anymore.” he said, urging me to sign the paper.

“You’re sure this will make you happy right?” I asked.

He nodded quickly, impatient. I sighed and signed the paper.

“I hope you’re happier now.” I smiled and passed the envelop back to him.

“Gayun, I know this is a lot, but can you do me one last favor?” he asked.

“Sure, anything for you.” I replied.

“Can you, move out today?” he asked.

“M-move out? You want me out that early?” I mumbled.

“It’s not like that, I just wanted you to be able to move on quicker from me.” he said.

“You always think the best for me, thank you.” I said and pushed my chair out to leave to our room.

I went and looked around the room. I opened a mini suitcase and packed some basic things; toothbrush, toothpaste, a few pair of clothings, a photo frame of us and our vows.

“Done!” I said, pulling out my things.

“You’re fast.”he smiled, looking up from his paper.

I went over to collect the dishes and washed them. I dried and placed them back in cupboards.

“I left some food in the fridge, if you’re hungry, they’re there.” I said, walking back to grab my things.

“Can you not tell this to our parents?” he asked when I walked to the front door.

“I wouldn’t, of course.” I said and leant in for a hug but he hesitantly backed away.

“Sorry.”  I said, looking down to my feet.

We stood in silence for a few moments. I wanted him to just tell me that he was just kiddng and that I’m so gullible, but he didn’t.

“Well, I’ll be heading off first. You better be careful from now on okay? Don’t drink too much as well.” I smiled and turned around to face the door.

I left my hand on the knob for a second longer, hoping he would ask for me back. I turned it and walked out.

I dialled a cab and continued walking to the front gate. I opened it and turned around to look at this place again.

Why did I choose to leave? Why didn't I fight back? Would I have won against that woman if I had fought back?

But at least he's happier now.

The cab came just in time as spits of rain arose. I got inside and gave him the address of my friend.

"Hey, can I come over?" I texted NaEun.

I left my phone back in my pocket and closed my eyes for a little.

All these years, there has never been anything that I have never given him, there has never been anything I was never willing to do for him, but I still lacked. I lacked in interest, I lacked in something that every man needs. The ability to give birth.

No one wants a barren woman, not when you're in charge of one of the most prestigious companies in the nation and need a heir. I understand why he wanted to do that, but couldn't he have tried to understand?

I got out of the cab and knocked on my NaEun's door, hoping that she'll let me in.

"Gayun, what happened?" she asked, opening the door and helping me with my stuff in.

"Just a fight with Myungsoo." I smiled and she sat down next to me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked.

NaEun's used to these kind of things. Myungsoo and I fight constantly, so she's used to me ranting, but never me leaving the house.

"No no, I'm fine." I said.

"Alright. You must be really tired, why don't you take a rest yeah?" she asked.

"That would be great." I smiled and she went to get me a blanket and pillow.

I slept on the couch while she went back to her own room.

How long can I actually live here.

---

a/n: idk. sorry. When i saw the video, i felt like writing or typing~ lol so yeah :D sorry if it isn't that great D::

but if you can, please comment! and thanks for bothering to read up to here :D