Real Maknae Spirit

Attack of the Chibis

 

Jaejoong and Changmin were in the middle of hitting each other and shouting out “one touch,” when they both turned into their adult selves.
 
“Hey!” shouted Changmin when he realized that Jaejoong just hit him.  Changmin hit Jaejoong back, but with more force than his toddler self could afford.
 
“Yah!” shouted Jaejoong as he reeled back from the force of Changmin’s hit.  He hit Changmin, using more force as well.
 
“Hyung,” whined Changmin, “you started it.”  Changmin started to run away from Jaejoong after he landed another hit.
 
Jaejoong was chasing Changmin around the room when the others realized that Jaejoong and Changmin were adults again.  Unfortunately, sitting on the couch next to grown-up Yunho and Yoochun, was chibi Junsu.
 
“Why ahjusshis fight?” asked Junsu as he watched his oldest ahjusshi and his youngest ahjusshi chase each other around the room.
 
“They’re using one touch,” said Yunho right before he went to go separate the two soul fighters.
 
Junsu was about to ask what one touch was, when Yoochun said, “They’re just being silly ahjusshis.”  Yoochun didn’t want Junsu to be like Jaejoong and Changmin were when they were smaller and found out what one touch was- going around hitting them all and calling it one touch.
 
When Yunho brought over a pouting Jaejoong on his right side, and a pouting Changmin on his left side, Junsu giggled and said, “Ahjusshis are silly, ne Chun-ahjusshi?”  Junsu crawled into Yoochun’s lap and looked up at Yoochun with an adorable little smile.
 
As toddlers, Junsu was the smallest.  He was so small that he often looked more like a baby or infant than a toddler.  The others thought that he was really cute this way, even Changmin, who often gave Junsu a hard time when the roles were reversed and Changmin was miniature, while Junsu was grown.
 
“Jaejoong-ahjusshi and Changmin-ahjusshi are silly,” Yunho said as he sat next to Yoochun, and Yoochun nodded along.
 
Changmin frowned as he plopped down onto the sofa, on the other side of Yoochun.  Jaejoong on the other hand, went along with what the others said and replied with aegyo, “Am I silly, little Su?  I’m silly aren’t I?”
 
Junsu giggled and nodded while Changmin mumbled, “Tch! You’re ridiculous.”
 
“Changmin!” Yunho chastised.
 
Junsu, sensing Changmin’s unhappiness, crawled over to Changmin’s side, and began to climb up onto Changmin’s shoulders.  Yunho, who saw this before when he and Changmin were the adults, was not as surprised as Jaejoong and Yoochun at Changmin allowing Junsu to crawl all over him.
 
When Junsu was sitting on Changmin’s shoulders, he began to lightly pull on Changmin’s ears, and said, “Min-ahjusshi, don’t be mad.  I like ahjusshi when happy.”  Changmin just grunted, so Junsu began bouncing on Changmin’s shoulders and shouting, “Be happy, be happy!”
 
Jaejoong, Yunho, and Yoochun found the image of a chibi Junsu bouncing on Changmin, who was trying to maintain his frown, funny.  They were snickering behind their hands.
 
Between his hyungs laughing and the animated Junsu on his shoulders, Changmin cracked a smile and laughed out, “Yah, I’m happy.  I’m happy.”
 
“Yay!” Junsu shouted.
 
“Yay!” Jaejoong, Yunho, and Yoochun cheered with Junsu.
 
Changmin chuckled and said, “You’re all ridiculous.”
 
Jaejoong picked Junsu up from Changmin’s shoulders and held the mini Junsu in his arms, saying, “We may be ridiculous, but this one is just too cute.”
 
“I cute?” asked Junsu as he pointed to himself.
 
“Of course you are,” said Yoochun as he stood up to tickle Junsu while he was in Jaejoong’s arms.
 
Looking at Junsu giggling as Yoochun tickled him, warmed all of their hearts.  Little Junsu was so adorable that he made all of his “ahjusshis” gush.  It was bittersweet in a way.  They loved having Junsu as a toddler, but they loved Junsu as his older self as well.
 
“I’m a cute maknae,” Junsu said between giggles.
 
Changmin opened his mouth to object and say that he was the maknae, but instead, he ended up saying, “You’re the best maknae ever.”
 
Jaejoong and Yoochun then began fighting over who should hold Junsu.  Jaejoong didn’t want to let Junsu go, but Yoochun thought that Jaejoong had held Junsu long enough.  Junsu sensing what was going on, reached out to Yunho.  Yunho happily took Junsu, realizing that the toddler was trying to keep everyone from fighting.
 
“You’re just too good,” said Yunho as he held Junsu, “how about we play a game.”
 
“Yes!  Game! Game!” shouted Junsu.
 
“How about hide-n-seek?” asked Yoochun.
 
“No!” shouted Yunho and Changmin simultaneously.  They didn’t want another case of “can’t find our chibi band mate.”
 
“Okay…,” said Jaejoong, “how about duck, duck, goose?”
 
“Mm,” said an enthused Junsu, “duck and goose, duck and goose!”
 
They all laughed at Junsu’s way of calling the game, as they all sat in a circle on the floor.  Junsu kept happily cheering “duck and goose,” while the others looked at each other in a perplexed.
 
“Someone has to start,” said Jaejoong.
 
“Not me,” Changmin said quickly.
 
“Not me,” said Yunho.
 
They were about to play paper-rock-scissors to determine who would go first, when Junsu shouted, “I start!”
 
Junsu stood up and began walking around the others.  He made two full circles before he began with “duck” on Yunho.  Next was Jaejoong, who also got “duck.”  Then Changmin got “duck,” and then Yoochun got “goose.”  Junsu quickly scurried away.  Junsu was almost back to Yoochun’s spot by the time Yoochun managed to get up.
 
Jaejoong, Yunho, and Changmin were laughing at Yoochun’s problem with actually getting up.  Junsu sat down before Yoochun was anywhere close to catching him.  Yoochun then began to go around.  The goose ended up being Jaejoong, who tripped when he was chasing after Yoochun.  This caused more laughs.
 
“Yah!  That wasn’t supposed to happen,” Jaejoong said.
 
Yoochun laughed and commented, “Not so easy is it?”
 
Jaejoong then went around and called Changmin the goose.  Jaejoong almost made it to Changmin’s spot, when Changmin tapped him on the shoulder.  “No,” moaned Jaejoong before he laughing at himself.  He then went around again, and instead chose Yunho as the goose.  “Yeah!” Jaejoong shouted when he sat down in Yunho’s spot before the younger could get to him.
 
Yunho then went around calling out “duck, duck, duck…”  Yunho would hit each member and stall a bit before calling out “duck” or “goose,” causing the others to tense up in anticipation.  Yunho had gone around twice before saying goose, so Changmin told him to hurry up.  This earned him a glare from Yunho.  Changmin thought that he would get the goose, but he got another duck.  Eventually, Junsu was chosen as the goose.  It was obvious to the others that Yunho was running slowly so that little Junsu could catch him, which he did.
 
“I catch Yun-ahjusshi!  I catch Yun-ahjusshi!” said Junsu as he hopped up and down.  Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Changmin were happy that Junsu was happy, but they were also dreading Yunho going around the circle again.  He made it nerve-wracking.  Fortunately for them, they were saved.  “I want to choose the ducks and goose,” said Junsu.
 
“Okay,” said Yunho as he sat where Junsu was sitting.
 
Junsu was going around when suddenly he just stopped, froze.
 
“What’s wrong, Su?” asked Yoochun as he jumped up (faster than when he was the goose) and ran over to Junsu to make sure that he was okay.
 
“Bathroom,” mumbled Junsu before he began to scurry away.
 
The others got up as well, and they all were laughing and talking about the game while Junsu was in the bathroom.  All of a sudden, Yoochun grabbed his stomach and said, “I feel funny.”  Right before Jaejoong, Yunho, and Changmin eyes, Yoochun shrunk in size and he too became a toddler.
 
“Ah!  Yoochun,” cried out Jaejoong, who was surprised at Yoochun’s sudden regression.  They were always surprised actually.
 
“Hi ahjusshi,” responded a clueless Yoochun.
 
“Hyungs,” said Changmin, “we have to figure out how to stop this.  I’m tired of being an ‘ahjusshi’ or being… like that!”  Changmin gestured wildly at Yoochun.
 
“Yeah, and it’s a little confusing too- remembering things, and then not remembering things,” added Yunho.
 
“Okay, okay,” responded Jaejoong as he started to look determined, “we’ll find out what’s going.  Let’s start now!”
 
“Kaja!” shouted Changmin.  “I’ll give it my all to fix this.”  But then Changmin turned into a toddler too.
 
“Aigoo!  Changmin!” yelled out Yunho.
 
“What is it Yun-ahjusshi?” asked Changmin, who was taken back a bit by Yunho’s sudden yelling.
 
“Are we playing a game?” asked Yoochun.
 
“Yeah, play game!” shouted Changmin.
 
“I like games,” said little Junsu as he came back from the bathroom.  “Let’s play!”
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:  The next chapter is going to be a longer than usual chapter, so be prepared ;)