Real Mothering

Attack of the Chibis

 

Yoochun watched as his toddler band mates kicked around the soccer ball.  Even as a chibi, Junsu seemed to have the same enthusiasm for soccer.  Jaejoong seemed content with just watching the others from the side.
 
“You sure you don’t want to join in?” asked Yoochun.
 
“Mhm, they’re crazy,” said Jaejoong.  He was referring to how competitive the others were.
 
Junsu was trying to tell them how to kick the ball a certain way, but Changmin was getting tired of listening to him, so he ran over to Junsu and kicked the ball away from him.  Unfortunately, the ball flew and hit Yunho right in the face.
 
“Yunho!” Yoochun shouted and ran over to check on the leader with Jaejoong following behind.
 
“Omo!  Is he okay?” asked a deeper than expected voice from behind Yoochun.  It was grown-up Jaejoong’s voice.
 
“Jae-ahjusshi!”  Yunho held his arms out like he wanted Jaejoong to pick him up.  “Changmin hit me in the face with the ball.”
 
“It was an accident,” said Changmin.
 
“You kicked the ball away from me,” pouted Junsu.
 
“I saw what happened, ahjusshi,” said a now child Yoochun.
 
Jaejoong took Yoochun’s regression in stride.  He picked Yunho up and asked the others to follow him back inside.  Jaejoong could see that Yunho was trying to act tough, but his eyes were red and watery like he wanted to cry.  Jaejoong grinned.  ‘Yunho, always trying to be manly,’ he thought.  “Let’s play a quiet game inside,” said Jaejoong as he sat down on the couch in the living room with Yunho on his lap.
 
Changmin ran up to Jaejoong and grabbed his legs.  “I didn’t mean to hurt Yunho,” he said.  Yunho recoiled back away from Changmin as if Changmin was going to hit him again with something else.
 
“See, he’s sorry, Yunho.  It was just an accident,” Jaejoong told Yunho, who nodded in reply, and then stuck his tongue out at Changmin.  Junsu laughed and did the same.  “Okay.  That’s enough,” said Jaejoong, “don’t be mean to Min.”
 
“Yes, ahjusshi,” said Yunho and Junsu simultaneously, sounding like automated robots.
 
“Ahjusshi, can we watch an anime?” asked Yoochun quietly.
 
“Yeah, anime!” shouted Junsu and Changmin.  Yunho looked up at Jaejoong with a big smile on his face.  He wanted to watch anime too.
 
“Okay, okay,” said Jaejoong as he placed Yunho down and went to look for an age appropriate anime.  “How about Pokémon?” he asked.
 
“Pokémon!  Yeah!” shouted Junsu.
 
“No way!  Pokémon’s for babies,” said Yunho.
 
Junsu pouted, and Changmin smirked at him and said, “Junsu’s a baby.”
 
“If I’m a baby, then so are you, dongsaeng!” Junsu responded.
 
“I am not, shorty!” Changmin shouted.  Even as toddlers, Changmin seemed to be taller than Junsu.
 
“Hey, no fighting, or no anime,” said Jaejoong as he approached them with two DVDs.  “Which one?” he asked.  “It’s either Pokémon or Hammer Boy.”
 
“Hammer Boy!” they all shouted.
 
Jaejoong put the DVD in and watched all of them settle down to watch the movie.  Yoochun and Junsu lied next to each other on the floor.  Yunho was sitting on the sofa, and Changmin was trying to pull himself onto the sofa as well.
 
“Jae-ahjusshi,” said Changmin, “I want to sit next to Yun-hyung.”
 
“I’ll help you up, Changmin,” said Yunho as he pulled Changmin up onto the sofa.  Jaejoong was so proud to see that Yunho wasn’t still mad at Changmin for hitting him with the ball.
 
When the movie started up, the chibis were hypnotized, so Jaejoong took the time to go into the kitchen and make snacks for all of his mini band mates.  He wasn’t in the kitchen long when he heard screaming, shouting, and glass breaking.  Thinking the worst, Jaejoong quickly ran back to the living room, where he saw Yoochun wrapped in toilet tissue, chasing after the others.  There were pillows on the floor, couch cushions across the room, a chair turned over, broken glass by the TV, and the toilet tissue was still unraveling behind Yoochun.
 
“STOP!” shouted Jaejoong.
 
“Busted,” mumbled Yunho.
 
“What have you done?” asked a mad Jaejoong.  “Just look at this room.  It’s a mess!”
 
“It was Yoochun, ahjusshi,” said Changmin.
 
“Yeah,” added Junsu, “he wouldn’t stop chasing us.”
 
“Hey!  You were the ones who wrapped the tissue around me,” said Yoochun.
 
“I was trying to get them to stop,” lied Yunho.
 
Jaejoong shook his head.  He couldn’t believe this.  They destroyed the living room in only five minutes.  “I happen to know that you’re all responsible.”
 
“How did ahjusshi know that we all did this?” asked Junsu.
 
“Because you just told me,” Jaejoong replied.  This got responses like, “Great going, Junsu,” from Yunho; a whined “Junsu!” by Yoochun; and a growled out “You shorty” by Changmin.  Honestly, Jaejoong knew that they all were responsible without Junsu telling him.
 
“Now, you’re all going to clean this mess,” said Jaejoong, “and then it’s naptime.”
 
“Not naptime,” complained Changmin.
 
“I’m too big for naps,” said Yunho as he crossed his arms across his chest and pouted.
 
“I’m not sleepy,” said Junsu.
 
“Well you’re all getting one,” said Jaejoong.
 
“I like naps,” commented Yoochun, who was met with angry glares from Yunho, Junsu, and Changmin.
 
“Now start cleaning,” said Jaejoong.  Yoochun started to roll up the tissue.  Jaejoong made sure that he threw it away instead of putting it back into the bathroom.  Yunho was fixing the chair and sofa, while Junsu and Changmin picked up the pillows.  Yunho was going to clean up the broken glass next, but Jaejoong told him to leave it, because he would get it later.  Jaejoong didn’t want Yunho to accidentally cut himself.  After they finished cleaning, Jaejoong gave them sandwiches and some juice.  After that, the dreaded time approached.
 
“But ahjusshi, I’m a big boy, I’m not some little baby who needs a nap,” said Yunho.
 
Jaejoong had to keep himself from laughing.  “You’re taking a nap and that’s final.”
 
“Ahjusshi,” called out Yoochun from ahead of the two, “this room only has three beds.”
 
“And this one only has two,” said Junsu, further down the hall.
 
“I’m not sleeping in a room by myself,” spoke out Changmin.
 
“Scaredy-cat,” whisper-shouted Yunho.  Changmin just stuck his tongue out at Yunho.
 
“Well I suppose you could share a bed,” Jaejoong thought out loud.
 
“I’m not sharing.  I’m too big for that,” said Yunho as he once again folded his arms.
 
“I want to sleep with Yoochunnie!” shouted Junsu as he hopped around, circling Yoochun.
 
Jaejoong asked Yoochun if that was okay with him, and he nodded, so Jaejoong put all of them into his, Yunho’s, and Changmin’s room.  Yoochun fell asleep immediately, and Junsu quickly snuggled up to him and fell asleep too.  Changmin was the next to fall asleep.  Yunho was the only one still up, fighting off the sleep.
 
“I’m too big for a nap,” he said while yawning.
 
“The faster you go to sleep,” said Jaejoong, “the faster you can get up to play again.”  Yunho thought about this at first, then decided that he needed to quickly fall asleep.
 
Jaejoong smiled as he heard the soft little snores while leaving the room.  ‘They can be troublesome,’ he thought, ‘but they are so cute.’
 
~~~~chibi~DBSK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Attack~of~the~Chibis~~~~~~~~~~~~~~chibi~DBSK~~~~
 
Jaejoong had just finished making cookies for his minis, when he decided to go wake them up from their naps.  The closer he got to the bedroom though, the more noise he could hear.  Screaming and laughter filled his ears.  ‘Oh no,’ he thought, ‘what are they up to now?’
 
He opened the bedroom door to see them coloring with markers, but not on paper, on the floor, the walls, the sheets, and on each other.
 
“Gah!” Jaejoong screamed.  “My room!”
 
“Ahjusshi, are we in trouble again?” asked Junsu with his puppy dog eyes.
 
“I didn’t do it,” Changmin said and quickly dropped the purple marker in his hand.
 
Jaejoong’s mouth was hanging open.  He didn’t know what to say.  ‘Where did they even get markers from anyway!?’  Jaejoong sat down on the floor, just staring into space.
 
Yunho approached Jaejoong and asked, “Is Jae-ahjusshi okay?”
 
Yoochun added, “Are you sick, ahjusshi?”
 
“Ooh!  I’ll get the medicine,” shouted Junsu.
 
Junsu started to head to the bathroom when Jaejoong all of a sudden shouted out, “Baths!”  All of the minis looked at him confused.  “You all need a bath,” Jaejoong said, and it was true.  They each had red, green, purple, and blue ink on their arms and faces.
 
“Bubble bath!” shouted Junsu as he and Changmin started to spin around, Changmin rapidly saying, “Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles!”
 
“I don’t want to take a bath,” mumbled Yoochun.
 
“Come on,” said Jaejoong, “you can all take one together.”
 
“Yay!” shouted out Junsu and Changmin.  They took off running, trying to be the first one to the bathroom.  Yoochun walked slowly behind them, quietly repeating that he didn’t want to take a bath.
 
“I’m too big to take a bath with them,” said Yunho as he pulled on Jaejoong’s pants leg.
 
Jaejoong was starting to get tired of hearing Yunho say that he was too big for something.  ‘Does he have some kind of complex?’ Jaejoong wondered.  ‘After all, he’s the same age as Yoochun and Junsu.’  “Fine,” Jaejoong said, “you can take your bath after the others.”  Yunho smiled and went into the living.  He started to listen to music, dancing along to the songs that would play.
 
Yunho found a CD by a group called Dong Bang Shin Ki.  He put it into the CD player and started to dance to some of their songs.  Not too long after listening to the CD, Yoochun, Junsu, and Changmin came running into the room.
 
“We’re clean now, and you aren’t,” Junsu sing-songed as he and Yoochun started to dance to the music too.  Yunho just stuck his tongue out at him.
 
“What are you listening to?” asked Changmin as he stared hard at the CD case.
 
“Music,” Yunho responded sarcastically.
 
Changmin looked up at Yunho with a confused look on his face.  “I know that,” said Changmin, “I meant, who is Dong Bang Shin Ki?”  Changmin had a hard time getting out the group name.  It sounded more like “Do Bone Shinny.”
 
Before Yunho could respond, Jaejoong came in and said, “Okay, Yunho, it’s your turn.”  Yunho went into the bathroom, and Jaejoong followed him in.
 
“T- turn around, ahjusshi,” said Yunho.  Jaejoong smiled at Yunho’s shyness and complied.  As soon as Jaejoong was turned around, Yunho quickly undressed and got into the bath tub/shower.  He thought that he could cover himself up with the bubbles, but there weren’t any bubbles.  “Where are the bubbles?” he asked Jaejoong.
 
“Oh, I didn’t know that you wanted a bubble bath too.  I’m sorry,” said Jaejoong with his back still turned.
 
Yunho just covered himself with his hands and told Jaejoong that he could look now.  Jaejoong turned around and went right into washing Yunho.
 
“Jaejoong-ahjusshi!” said Yunho, “I can wash myself.  I just need help with my back and hair.”
 
“Oh,” said Jaejoong, “if you’re sure.”
 
Yunho laughed a bit and said, “Ahjusshi is more like an umma than an ahjusshi.”  Jaejoong froze when he heard that.  “Can I call you Jaejoong-umma?” asked Yunho.  Jaejoong blushed and began to wash Yunho’s hair, pretending that he did not hear Yunho.
 
Yunho started to sing one of the songs he heard earlier, when he remembered to ask:  “Who is Dong Bang Shin Ki?  I like their music.”
 
“Well…” Jaejoong started to explain, or try to explain, who DBSK were when all of a sudden-
 
“Yunho!  You’re you again,” said a happy Jaejoong.
 
Yunho, who noticed where he was, quickly covered himself back up and shouted, “Jae!”  Jaejoong didn’t notice anything wrong due to his happiness, and hugged Yunho around the shoulders.  “Jaejoong-hyung, I’m !”
 
“Oh!”  Jaejoong let go of Yunho and blushed.  He looked the other way and mumbled an apology.
 
Before Yunho could respond, the door slammed open, and in came a full grown Changmin.  “Hyung!” shouted Changmin, “I’m big again.”  He saw Yunho and added, “Yun-hyung, you’re… .”
 
Yunho quickly drew the shower curtains around the bath, to get some privacy.
 
“Have Yoochun and Junsu turned back too?” asked Jaejoong.
 
“Not when I came to see you,” Changmin responded.
 
“Well let’s go see.”
 
Yunho was glad that they were leaving.  Now he could get dressed.  He was waiting for the sound of the click as the door closed when he heard Changmin say, “No, not again.”
 
“What’s wrong, Changmin?” asked Yunho as he peeked out from behind the curtain.
 
“Ooh!  Ahjusshi is taking a bath?  I want to take a bath with Yunho-ahjusshi,” said the kid Jaejoong.
 
Yunho didn’t know how to respond to Jaejoong being little again.  He was tired of all of this.  He saw that Jaejoong was trying to take his clothes off.  “Oh no,” said Yunho, “you can’t come in here.”
 
“Please, ahjusshi?”  Jaejoong made puppy dog eyes at Yunho.  “I need a bath too.”
 
Changmin sighed and mumbled about going to check on Yoochun and Junsu as he headed out of the bathroom.
 
“Hey, Changmin!  Take Jaejoong with you,” shouted Yunho.  “Yah!  Changmin, come back!”