Trying to Remember

Attack of the Chibis

 

Previously:  Yunho’s eyes nearly bugged out when he saw this.  ‘No, no, no!  Not this again!’  Changmin turned a deadly smile towards Yunho while mumbling in a sing-song voice, “Appa…”

Yunho swallowed and backed up while keeping a firm grip on his towel.  Fear showed up on his face as the chibi maknae approached him.

“One tou-”

“One touch!”

 

~~~~chibi~DBSK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Attack~of~the~Chibis~~~~~~~~~~~~~~chibi~DBSK~~~~

 

         Changmin was about to hit Yunho when out of nowhere, Yunho shouted out one touch and hit Changmin.  Jaejoong burst out laughing while Changmin just stood there, confused.

 

         “Appa?” mumbled Changmin before practically shouting, “You can’t do that!  I have to hit you!”

 

         “So you just wanted to hit me?” asked Yunho.  “I thought it was one touch.”

 

         “It is,” responded Changmin, trying to cover up his real intentions.

 

         Yunho scooped up Changmin and said, “Well I used one touch on you to show you how much I love my little Changminnie.”

 

         Changmin giggled and thought, ‘I won’t hit appa so much... or too hard.’  “One touch,” Changmin said as he lightly tapped Yunho’s cheek.

 

         “Is that how much you love me?” asked Yunho.  “I barely even felt that.”

 

         “No,” Changmin said as he fiercely shook his head, “I love appa this much.”  Changmin opened his arms as wide as he could to show Yunho how much, right before he shouted, “One touch,” and hit Yunho on the head as hard as he could.

 

         Yunho fell over, but managed not to fall on Changmin.  He couldn’t believe the strength of the little toddler.  He felt dazed.

 

         “Changmin!” Jaejoong shouted as he got out of the bath tub and ran over to Yunho to see if he was okay.

 

         “Mianhe!  Mianhe!” Changmin said as he knelt next to Yunho’s lying body.  “I just wanted to show how much I love appa.”

 

         “Ahjusshi is not your appa,” chastised Jaejoong, “and look at what you’ve done to him.”

Yunho just lied on the floor, staring into space, not moving.

 

         “Appa?  Appa?” Changmin said over and over as he shook Yunho.

 

         “Ahjusshi!” Jaejoong corrected Changmin as he went back over to the tub.  Jaejoong scooped some of the water into his hands and threw it at Yunho’s head.

 

         Yunho shot up and looked around him.  Jaejoong was blushing and giggling while Changmin was on the verge of tears, mumbling “mianhe” over and over.

 

         “Yun-ahjusshi lost his towel,” Jaejoong said between a fit of giggles.  Upon hearing that, Changmin began to chuckle too.

 

          Yunho looked down and indeed saw that he was .  He quickly grabbed his towel and covered himself up again.  A blush made its way to his cheeks.  “Time to go check on the others,” Yunho said.

 

          “I haven’t finished my bath yet,” whined Jaejoong.

 

          “And I need a bath now that appa got me all wet,” Changmin mumbled as he held his arms out and looked down at the front of his shirt.

 

           Yunho sighed and asked, “Do I have to help you bathe?

 

           “Yes,” Jaejoong said at the same time that Changmin said, “No.”  Changmin then changed his mind and said, “I mean yes.”

 

           “Aigoo.  Alright.”  Yunho then told Jaejoong to get back into tub, and Changmin to get undressed and into the bath too.

 

~~~~chibi~DBSK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Attack~of~the~Chibis~~~~~~~~~~~~~~chibi~DBSK~~~~

 

            “Hyung,” said Junsu as he looked up from coloring his red bunny with a lime green tail and whiskers, “what do you think is taking them so long?”

 

            Yoochun looked up from his beach picture and replied, “They’re probably fighting.”

 

            “Mm, Jae-hyung and Changmin fight a lot, but they don’t really fight,” mumbled Junsu, “I don’t get it.”

 

            “It’s like play fighting,” said Yoochun as he tried to add things to his beach.

 

            “Maybe we should play fight too,” Junsu mumbled, but Yoochun didn’t respond.  So Junsu figured he’d start their play fight.  “Your airplane looks like a bird.”

 

            “It is a bird,” Yoochun responded.

 

            “Oh.”  Junsu was trying to find something that they could fight about.  He stood up and walked over to Yoochun and pulled his hyung’s hair away from his face.  “Well your forehead is really big.”

 

            Yoochun looked up at Junsu with watery eyes.  Tears threatened to fall from his eyes.  “My forehead’s not that big,” whispered Yoochun, “why would you say that?”  Yoochun choked up on the last few words.

 

            Junsu’s eyes got huge when he saw that Yoochun was about to cry.  “No, mianhe, I didn’t mean it,” Junsu said as he hugged Yoochun tightly.  “I just wanted to play fight with Chunnie. Mianhe!”

 

            Yoochun and Junsu fell over, but Junsu didn’t seem to want to get up or let go of Yoochun anytime soon.  “Do you really think my forehead is big?”  Yoochun asked from the floor.

 

            “No!” squeaked Junsu as he finally let go of Yoochun and sat up.  Yoochun kept looking at Junsu as he sat up too, which made Junsu feel pressured.  “Maybe just a little.”

 

            Yoochun looked like he was about to cry again, so Junsu hugged his hyung again, and this time Junsu kissed Yoochun’s forehead with a big wet ‘mwah!’ and said, “Chun-chun has a cute forehead.”

 

            “I have a big forehead,” mumbled Yoochun.

 

            “A big cute forehead!  Because you’re so smart!  It makes Chun look grown up, but still cute, but older and better and cuter and-”

 

            “Okay, Su,” Yoochun said between giggles, stopping Junsu from babbling.

 

            “It’s true!”  Junsu, who was still hugging Yoochun, held him tighter.

 

            “But no one is cuter than little Su.”

 

            “I’m not little,” Junsu protested, “and definitely don’t say that around Changmin.”  ‘Bigger-than-me troublesome maknae,’ Junsu thought.

 

            “No, not little,” Yoochun agreed, “just the right size.”

 

            “What are you two doing?” asked Changmin as he, Jaejoong, and adult Yunho entered the room.

 

            “Not being like you two,” Junsu said as he stuck his tongue out at Changmin.

 

            “What does that mean?” asked Jaejoong.

 

            “You two fight a lot,” said Yoochun as he went back to coloring.

 

            “Nuh uh!” Jaejoong and Changmin shouted simultaneously.  They glared at each other as if to say ‘don’t say the same thing that I say.’

 

            “Uh huh!  And it’s not even real fighting.  It’s play fighting, ne Chun-chun?” Junsu said.

 

            “I don’t play fight with this over controlling hyung,” Changmin said, pouting.

 

            “And I don’t play fight with that horrible over eating maknae,” Jaejoong shouted.

 

            Jaejoong and Changmin glared at each other, and were about to start arguing when Yunho interrupted.  “Do you guys know if I’m supposed to remember something?”

 

            They all looked at Yunho and started laughing.

 

            “How are we supposed to know if you should know something?” asked Yoochun.

 

            “Pabo yah,” whispered Changmin, but Yunho heard him and frowned at the toddler, so Changmin added, “saranghae, appa!”

 

            “He’s still calling ahjusshi, appa?” Junsu asked no one in particular.

 

            “I keep telling him to stop, but I think he has some kind of complex.”  Jaejoong tried to whisper the last part, but Changmin heard him anyway.

 

            “I do not have a compex!” Changmin shouted, but the others laughed at him because he mispronounced ‘complex.’

 

            “I feel like I should be remembering something,” Yunho said to himself as he scratched his head.

 

            Junsu chuckled and said, “Ahjusshi is silly.”

 

            “And forgetful,” Changmin added, “Yoochun-hyung and Junsu-hyung still need a bath, and appa needs to feed me.”

 

            “Yah!” Yoochun shouted at the bath part.  He really wanted Yunho to forget about that.

 

            “Changmin shouldn’t eat so much,” Jaejoong said, “you’ll get fat.”

 

            “Aigoo,” said Yunho, “you two do need a bath.”

 

            “We already took one, remember?”  Yoochun was hoping that Yunho’s case of forgetfulness was extreme and not just acute.

 

            “Yeah right,” responded Yunho, “now come on, bath time for little Yoochun and Junsu.”

 

            “Yay!” shouted Junsu.  “I want bubbles!”

 

            Yoochun groaned as he followed Junsu to the bathroom.  Yunho chuckled to himself as he thought about how when it’s naptime Yoochun happily goes along with a sulking Junsu behind him, but when it’s bath time Junsu is the happy one, and Yoochun is the sulking one.

 

            In the bathroom Yunho fixed the water while Yoochun and Junsu got undressed.  Junsu was sure to remind Yunho to add bubbles.

 

            ‘Just because I forgot something else doesn’t mean that I’ll forget to add bubbles for Junsu that fast,’ Yunho thought as he finished preparing the bath.  “Your bubble bath awaits,” Yunho announced.

 

            Junsu jumped into the tub, causing some of the water to splash out.  Yunho groaned at this because it meant extra cleaning later on.  ‘Or maybe someone else will turn into an adult before I clean it up,’ he thought, ‘I always turn back in the bath.  Maybe Junsu or Yoochun will turn soon.’

 

            Yoochun, with a pout on his face, reluctantly got into the tub.  It’s not that Yoochun was against being clean; he liked to be clean.  He just didn’t care for all of the water.  He even hated the rain.  In fact, during a rainstorm is the only time that Yoochun can’t sleep well at night.

 

            Junsu was splashing around like he was in a pool, and it made Yoochun feel a bit uneasy.  Instead of looking scared though, Yoochun tried to smile.  He would always try to enjoy baths because he knew how much Junsu loved them.  ‘Why he loves them, I have no idea,’ Yoochun thought as he tried not to get splashed so much by Junsu’s wildly flailing arms.

 

            “Are we going to actually clean ourselves, or are we just going to play and make a mess?” Yunho asked them, mostly Junsu.

 

            “Both!” Junsu shouted.

 

            “Fine,” Yunho replied, “but the two of you will be responsible for cleaning up the water off of the floor.”

 

            “Wae?” asked Junsu.  “We’re just little kids.”  He brought out his best defense mechanism:  the Junsu pout, complete with gush and squeal inducing doe-like/puppy dog eyes.  It was already omnipotent when he was an adult, but as a toddler it was simply unbeatable, irresistible.

 

            Yunho was about to cave in (because seriously, who wouldn’t?) when Yoochun said, “That’s okay, ahjusshi.  We’ll just get clean now.”

 

            “Aw, but Chunnie,” Junsu pouted.

 

            Yoochun and Junsu cleaned up with less play from Junsu, who was persuaded by Yoochun, as usual.  Yoochun was too happy to get out of the tub and get dry when they were finished.  Junsu liked to stay in the bath until all of the water drained out.  ‘He must have been a fish in a past life,’ thought Yoochun.

 

            As Yoochun and Junsu were getting dressed, Yunho couldn’t help but to think that he was forgetting something, something more important than a bubble bath or feeding little MonsterMin.

 

            “Ahjusshi!” Junsu called loudly, finally getting Yunho’s attention.

 

            “Huh?”

 

            “You didn’t hear me calling you,” Junsu said.

 

            “Is ahjusshi sick?” Yoochun asked.

 

            “No, I’m alright,” Yunho said as he escorted Yoochun and Junsu back into the living room, “now how about I fix us something to eat?”

 

            “Yes!” shouted Changmin, who heard what Yunho was saying to Yoochun and Junsu.  “Finally!”

 

            “You’re going to get fat,” Jaejoong sing-songed.

 

            Changmin just stuck his tongue out at Jaejoong as he practically pushed Yunho into the kitchen.

 

            “What happened in here?” Yunho asked as he saw the messy kitchen.

 

            “I didn’t do it,” Changmin immediately said, and even though he was telling the truth, he sounded suspicious by how fast he said it.

 

            “And what is this stuff?” Yunho asked when he noticed a bowl of thick brown and green goop.  He pinched his nose when he got closer.  The smell coming from the bowl was horrible.  ‘I’m definitely not cleaning this up,’ he thought as he wondered where the pungent goop came from.

 

            “That’s not what we’re eating, is it?” Changmin asked as he looked fearfully at the bowl.

 

            Yunho just sighed.  A bell was going off in his head.  ‘There’s definitely something that I should remember.’

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:  How can Yunho forget that he’s supposed to be working on a cure?  He’ll eventually remember, right?  Because, technically only he and Jaejoong know what caused this.

I’m realizing that some of the things the toddlers say seem to be more of what an adult would say, like how does Jaejoong know what a complex is?  Or how does Yoochun know about past lives?  I don’t really consider this until after it’s written, and then I don’t want to change it because I like how it goes, even though I doubt a toddler will say that someone has a complex, or lived a certain way in a past life, but whatever.

Also, since I mentioned Yoochun’s unease during storms, I might as well deliver it.  No sense in bringing something up and not following through with it, so expect that soon.