The Competition

Attack of the Chibis

 

“What am I going to eat?” Changmin asked as Yunho led him out of the kitchen, but Yunho never answered because when they got back into the living room, Yunho saw an adult Junsu talking and coloring with Jaejoong and Yoochun.
 
“Junsu!” Yunho shouted happily.
 
“I’m me again,” Junsu said happily.
 
Changmin frowned and asked, “What’s so good about you?”
 
“Yah!” shouted Junsu.
 
“Changmin!” chastised Yunho.
 
“That’s not nice, Minnie,” Jaejoong said.
 
“Everything’s good about Junsu-ahjusshi,” responded Yoochun.
 
Changmin looked between all of them, wondering who to respond or react to.  He settled on Jaejoong.  He was going to tell Jaejoong not to call him Minnie, but Yunho pulled Changmin to him and said, “That was very mean and rude, and I know that you love Junsu more than what you just said shows.”
 
Changmin looked down and mumbled, “I’m sorry, appa.”
 
“Don’t apologize to me.”
 
Changmin was really shocked at Yunho’s stern voice, it made him feel like crying, but he refused to do so in front of everyone.  Changmin turned to look at Junsu, who was staring back at Changmin.  Changmin wanted so badly to comment on how Junsu was just standing there waiting for an apology, but Yunho’s firm grip on Changmin’s arm helped Changmin to hold back any smart comments.
 
“I’m sorry, ahjusshi,” Changmin mumbled.
 
“Which ahjusshi?” Jaejoong asked.
 
Changmin rolled his eyes and said, “There’s only one ahjusshi here.”
 
Yunho slightly jerked on Changmin’s arm because of how Changmin had spoken to Jaejoong, which caused Changmin to look up at Yunho with wet eyes.  “But he is the only ahjusshi here,” Changmin said, “there’s only appa and Junsu-ahjusshi.”
 
“Yunho-ahjusshi isn’t your appa, Changmin,” Yoochun said calmly and quietly.
 
Changmin frowned and went to reply. Yunho sighed.  He knew that Changmin would have yelled something not good, so he interrupted Changmin and said, “Why don’t you go color for a while.”
 
“Why is he like this?” Junsu whispered to Yunho after Changmin sullenly walked over to the table to color.  “He’s not this bad when he’s older.”
 
Yunho sighed again.  “He’s just headstrong.  And he probably felt surrounded, like he was being attacked, with the way that we all jumped on him.”
 
“You sound like you feel sorry for him,” Junsu said.  Yunho just sighed again in response.  “I can’t believe it.  That little monster needs a time-out.  He calls you appa and you go soft on him.”  Junsu thought for a minute and then asked, “Would that work with me?”
 
“What?” Yunho asked.  He didn’t really know what Junsu was asking.
 
“If I didn’t want to stay late for practices or something, and I asked nicely…”  Junsu saw that Yunho was about to say something, so he quickly added, “…you’d say no of course, because we need to practice.  But what if I said, ‘Appa, can I please skip practice this time?’  Would you be nice to me too and give me whatever I want?”
 
“What?!  That’s ridiculous!  No I wouldn’t give you what you want.  I don’t give Changmin whatever he wants either.”
 
Junsu just laughed and mumbled about how he had to at least try.  Yunho just shook his head as they approached the three toddlers, who were each coloring:  Jaejoong was coloring a birthday cake, Yoochun was coloring a purple cat, and Changmin was coloring different sized hearts.
 
When Junsu got near, Changmin hopped up and handed his picture to Junsu.  “I made this for Junsu-ahjusshi.”  Changmin stressed the Junsu part loudly for Jaejoong and Yoochun to hear.  “I don’t know how to spell mianhe, so I just say it.  Mianhe!”
 
“Aw, thank you, Changmin,” Junsu said, “I forgive you.”
 
After Junsu hugged Changmin for the picture, Yunho whispered, “Does this mean that I can draw a few hearts for you and get away with whatever.”
 
“Haha, very funny,” Junsu said sarcastically.
 
“I’m tired of coloring,” Jaejoong moaned, “let’s play a game.”
 
“A game!” Yoochun shouted.
 
“I’m hungry,” Changmin mumbled, but it was practically ignored.
 
“Well what do you guys want to play?” Junsu asked.  “How about soccer?”
 
“But it’s dark outside,” replied Yoochun.
 
“I don’t want to play soccer,” Jaejoong mumbled.
 
“That’s because you’re no good,” Changmin whispered.
 
“We can play it inside,” Junsu said, oblivious to Jaejoong’s and Changmin’s comments.
 
“Uh no, not inside,” Yunho said, remembering when he let things get out of control and they made a huge mess in the house.
 
“Then what can we play?” asked Junsu with a pout.  He looked like he was a toddler again.
 
“Dance!” shouted Changmin.
 
“What?” everyone asked simultaneously.
 
“I want to see appa dance.”
 
Junsu leaned over to Yunho and whispered, “See!  He’s trying to get on your good side so that he’ll never get in trouble with you.”
 
Yunho went to reply when Jaejoong said, “Yeah, dance!  Yun-ahjusshi and Su-ahjusshi.”
 
“A competition,” said Yoochun.
 
“A com-pition,” Changmin said, trying to repeat Yoochun.
 
“Yeah, and we’ll be the judges,” Jaejoong said as he positioned himself on the sofa.  He was telling Yoochun and Changmin how they could use their colors and paper to write down scores, as if Yunho and Junsu had agreed to this.  In the end, Yunho and Junsu did agree.
 
“Time for DBSK’s Best Dancer Competition!” Junsu shouted.
 
“What’s DBSK?” Jaejoong asked.
 
Junsu looked at Yunho, who shrugged his shoulders.  How should they explain that?  “Junsu-ahjusshi is just being silly,” Yunho said.
 
Changmin snorted, and Yoochun giggled.
 
“Okay, we’re ready,” Jaejoong said to Yunho and Junsu who were playing paper-rock-scissors to see who’d go first.
 
Music started to play.  A song that was unfamiliar to little Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Changmin, was very familiar to Yunho and Junsu.  “Rising Sun” was blasting through the house, and Yunho was dancing to the music.  By the end of the song, the minis were clapping enthusiastically.
 
After asking for the score, Yunho received a total of 29 points, 10 from Yoochun and Changmin, and 9 from Jaejoong.
 
Next, Junsu danced to “Choosey Lover.”  He also got an enthusiastic response, especially from Yoochun, who gave Junsu a 10.  Jaejoong also gave Junsu a 10, but Changmin gave him a 9.
 
“The scores are the same,” Junsu said.
 
“Another!  Another!” Yoochun shouted.
 
“Tie-breaker,” said Jaejoong.
 
They both danced to a different song.  This time Yunho danced to “Purple Line,” and Junsu chose to dance to the song “Mirotic.”  Yunho received another perfect 10 from Changmin, but Jaejoong and Yoochun gave Yunho 8s, because they said that he danced wildly at times.  Junsu laughed when he heard that.
 
Yoochun gave Junsu a 10, and Jaejoong gave him a 9.  Everyone figured that Changmin would sabotage Junsu and give him a low score, just to ensure that his “appa” won, but Changmin gave Junsu a 10, while looking apologetically at Yunho.
 
“I won! I won!” shouted Junsu as he jumped around.  Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Changmin joined him, all jumping and hopping around the room while Yunho silently sulked.  Eventually Yunho played another song and suggested that they all dance, just for fun this time.  So everyone danced while “Step by Step” played.
 
“I want to do that crazy windmill dance that Yun-ahjusshi was doing earlier,” Jaejoong said.
 
“Yeah,” Yoochun and Changmin agreed.
 
Junsu laughed.  “Crazy windmill dance, keke.”
 
Yunho ignored Junsu and began to show them how to do it when the next song, “Summer Dream” came on.  They were trying to do Yunho’s “crazy windmill” dance, but looked more like crazy octopi with flailing arms.  When the song ended, they were all on the floor, laughing and catching their breath.
 
“I think it’s bedtime,” Yunho said.
 
“Yes!” Yoochun shouted.
 
“Yoochun!” Jaejoong shouted as he pushed on said boy.
 
“Chun-hyung!” Changmin shouted as he hit Yoochun with a nearby pillow.
 
Junsu snickered before saying, “Hey!  Be nice to Yoochun.  He’s the good one.”
 
“Ahjusshi can’t have favorites,” Jaejoong said instantly with a small frown on his face.
 
“I’m good too,” Changmin pouted.
 
“Ha!  You’re the bad one,” Junsu replied.
 
“I’m not bad, am I appa?” Changmin asked Yunho, who was patting Jaejoong’s head and ensuring the oldest toddler that he and Junsu didn’t have favorites.
 
“No, you’re not bad.”
 
Changmin smiled and then stuck his tongue out at Junsu.
 
“Yah!  Did you see that?” Junsu asked Yunho, but Yunho was preoccupied with Jaejoong.  “Spoiled little brat,” Junsu mumbled about Changmin.
 
“We go night-night now?” Yoochun asked, looking as if he’d go to sleep right there on the floor if allowed to.
 
“Yep, come on, time for bed,” Yunho said as he led Jaejoong and Yoochun to the bedroom.
 
Junsu playfully stuck his tongue out at Changmin before heading to the bedroom too.  Changmin ran ahead of Junsu and “accidentally” stepped on his ahjusshi’s foot.
 
“That little…,” Junsu mumbled as he hobbled into the bedroom and saw that Changmin had already got into his bed, trying to look innocent.  “Do you know what he-”
 
Yunho shushed Junsu before he could finish.  “Yoochun’s already asleep.”
 
“What?!” Junsu whisper-shouted.  “But I didn’t get to tell him goodnight.”
 
Yunho laughed and said, “There will be plenty of other nights when you can tell him goodnight.”
 
Junsu sighed and then went to tell Jaejoong goodnight.  He made sure to quickly tell Changmin goodnight, before the toddler could do anything bad.  Yunho chuckled when he saw Junsu practically run away from Changmin.
 
“You should be nicer to Junsu,” Yunho said.
 
“He stuck his tongue out at me,” Changmin whined.  Yunho chuckled again.  He could picture Junsu doing just that.  “I thought you danced betterer.”
 
Yunho shook his head.  He was amazed at how Changmin spoke sometimes.  “Well thank you.  Goodnight, little Min,” Yunho said, “oh!  And don’t forget this.”
 
“Bambi!” Changmin said happily as he took the stuffed deer that Yunho was giving him.  “Goodnight, appa.”
 
Yunho then made his way to Jaejoong.  “He’s going to keep calling you appa unless you’re the one to tell him to stop,” Jaejoong said.
 
“It’s okay if he calls me appa,” Yunho mumbled.  For some reason, he felt like he was being chastised by Jaejoong, a little toddler.
 
“But he’s-”
 
“It’ll be alright.  Now get some sleep,” Yunho said.  He kissed Jaejoong’s forehead and whispered goodnight to the chibi.
 
“Goodnight, appa,” Jaejoong responded, stressing the appa part.  ‘If Changmin can call Yun-ahjusshi appa, then so can I,’ he thought before drifting off to sleep.
 
Yunho joined Junsu in the other bedroom and was getting ready for bed when they noticed that it started to rain.
 
“That means that I’ll sleep good tonight,” Junsu said, gesturing out the window and towards the rain.  And Junsu was getting a good night’s sleep.  That is, for about 45 minutes before slight rain became heavy rain pour, accompanied by thunder and lightning, but it wasn’t the rain, thunder, or lightning that woke Junsu up.  It was the shaking that stirred him.
 
‘Changmin!’ Junsu thought as he cracked his eyes open.  “Oh, Yoochun, it’s you.”
 
“Ahjusshi, I’m scared,” Yoochun said.  He was silently crying as he looked out of the window fearfully.
 
“What’s wrong, Chunnie?” Junsu asked.  “Are you afraid of the lightning?”
 
“Not the lightning,” Yoochun replied as he buried his face in Junsu’s shirt, “the rain.”
 
“The rain?” Junsu asked.  ‘Who’s afraid of rain?’ Junsu wondered.
 
“I don’t want to drown!” Yoochun wailed.
 
“It’s okay.  It’s okay,” Junsu said, trying to calm down Yoochun, “here, you can sleep with me tonight.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Mhm,” Junsu responded as he pulled Yoochun up into the bed with him.  Yoochun snuggled up into Junsu’s side, trying to hide from the rain.  Every now and then Junsu could hear a sniffle from Yoochun, until all Junsu could hear were soft snores.
 
About five minutes later, Jaejoong and Changmin entered the bedroom with Yunho and Junsu.
 
“Look,” Changmin said, pointing at Yoochun, “there he is.”
 
Jaejoong nodded his head before running over to Yunho and shaking him awake.
 
“What is it?  What’s wrong?” Yunho asked as he rubbed his eyes.
 
“Appa, can I sleep with you?”  Jaejoong asked.
 
“Appa?”  Changmin mumbled, before shouting, “He’s my appa, not yours!”
 
“Shh!”  Yunho shushed Changmin.  He peered over at Junsu to make sure that Changmin didn’t wake him up.  He noticed that Junsu had Yoochun sleeping with him.
 
“He can be my appa too,” Jaejoong said.
 
“Nuh uh! He’s my appa,” Changmin retorted.
 
Jaejoong ignored Changmin and turned back to Yunho.  “Can I please sleep with you tonight?”
 
“Why can’t you sleep by yourself?” Yunho asked.
 
“There’s lightning and thunder,” Jaejoong mumbled.
 
“Fine.”  Yunho gave in and allowed Jaejoong to crawl up into his bed.
 
“Baby,” mumbled Changmin.
 
“Well since you’re not a baby, you can go back and sleep in that room by yourself.  With the ghosts!” Jaejoong whisper-shouted.
 
At the mention of ghosts, Changmin froze up.  His eyes got larger.  “C- can I- can I sleep with appa too?”
 
“Come on,” Yunho mumbled.
 
Changmin ran to the other side of the bed and got in next to Yunho.  “Goodnight, appa.”
 
“Goodnight again, appa,” Jaejoong said.
 
“He’s my appa,” Changmin argued.
 
“Let’s get to sleep,” Yunho grumbled, stopping the argument then and there.  He felt a little uncomfortable with Jaejoong snuggled up on his right side and Changmin snuggled up on his left side.  He felt like he couldn’t move.  He blamed Junsu for letting Yoochun sleep in the bed with him.  ‘They’re always sleeping together,’ Yunho thought before he eventually drifted off to sleep.
 
In his sleep, Yunho slowly started to shrink, and one of the toddlers started to grow.
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:  Changmin is my bias.  Can you tell?  I don't mean to get so focused on him.  I just can't help it.  Anyway, the end is coming soon, not the next chapter, but the one after that.  I do plan on making a very short Christmas sequel for this story, so look forward to that :)
 
Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks!