So Close

Attack of the Chibis

 

            Jaejoong was in the kitchen, preparing the ingredients for the counter curse dinner when he heard screaming and giggling. ‘Oh no,’ he thought as he ran towards the bedroom.  He couldn’t help but remember how they destroyed the room the last time they woke up early. ‘Someone needs to clean that room up soon.’

 

            Jaejoong opened the door and saw the toddlers happily jumping on their beds.

 

            “Jaejoong-ahjusshi!” shouted Junsu as he hopped off the bed and ran over to Jaejoong to hug the older’s legs.

 

            “Umma!” shouted Changmin.

 

            “Umma?” asked Yunho, who didn’t remember anything about the appa and umma debacle.

 

            “I’m not your umma, Changmin.”  Changmin giggled at Jaejoong’s reaction and hopped off his bed.  Yunho and Yoochun did the same before they all followed Jaejoong to the living room.

 

            “Look what I have for you to do,” said Jaejoong, gesturing towards the couch and table.

 

            “Coloring!” shouted Junsu as he and Yoochun ran over to the table to pick out a coloring book and crayons or markers.

 

            “Will ahjusshi color with us?” asked Yunho.

 

            “I have to do something in the kitchen,” Jaejoong replied, “so if you need me, just call.”

 

            “Ok, ahjusshi,” Yunho responded before going to join Yoochun and Junsu.

 

            Changmin just stood there looking at Jaejoong. ‘He didn’t play with us before,’ Changmin thought, ‘and he’s not playing with us now.’  “What’s ahjusshi up to?”

 

            Jaejoong felt like cheering when he heard Changmin call him ahjusshi and not umma, but he instead said, “It’s nothing to worry about, Min.”

 

            Changmin opened his mouth to respond, but Jaejoong then said, “It’s a surprise, remember?”

 

            Changmin frowned and crossed his arms as Jaejoong went into the kitchen.

 

            “Changmin, stop pouting, and come over here,” Yunho said.

 

            “Yeah, dongsaeng,” commented Yoochun.

 

            In the kitchen Jaejoong was mixing the ingredients.  It was complicated.  Some of the ingredients had to be minced, some chopped, some liquefied.  Most of the ingredients had to be half chopped (or minced or liquefied) and half whole.  Some of the ingredients, mostly the whole ingredients, had to be placed in room temperature water and slowly brought to a boil.

 

            Once the water was boiling, Jaejoong had to add the remaining ingredients at precise times like “ingredient C is to be entered five minutes after ingredient B, and ingredient D is to be entered exactly 12 seconds after ingredient C.

 

            Jaejoong was sweating and sighing.  He felt like if he messed this up then his life would be over, but only two more ingredients remained.  He placed in the ground ginger root and had to wait 2 minutes before adding the 5 crushed apple seeds.  Half a minute went by, when he heard a loud scream from the living room. It caused him to jump.

 

            Jaejoong rushed out to the living room and quickly asked, “What happened?”

 

            Junsu was frowning and stomping his foot when he said, “Changmin scribbled on my picture.”

 

            “Changmin, be good!” Jaejoong said so fast, that they barely understood.  Jaejoong ran back into the kitchen, leaving behind four confused chibis.

 

            Jaejoong was back right on time to add the crushed seeds.  Now all he had to do was stir the mixture with a stick of cinnamon.

 

            “Where’s the cinnamon?!  Where’s the instruction sheet?!”

 

            When Jaejoong had heard the scream earlier he jumped and knocked over the cinnamon and instructions.  He found the cinnamon on the floor and quickly picked it up, but he still couldn’t find the instructions.

 

            “That’s okay.  I don’t need it,” he mumbled to himself, “I just have to stir this stuff three times clock wise and four times counter clockwise.”

 

            Jaejoong was just about to do that when-

 

            “Hyung!” shouted Changmin as he burst into the kitchen, scaring Jaejoong.  “What are you doing?  It has something to do with helping us, doesn’t it?!”

 

            After recovering from his shock of an adult Changmin bursting into the room, Jaejoong opened his mouth to respond, but turned into a toddler before any words could escape.

 

            “Jaejoong-hyung!”

 

            Jaejoong sighed and said, “Are you going to think that everyone’s your hyung again, ahjusshi?  That’s not a very fun game.”  Jaejoong mumbled the last part.

 

            Changmin looked like he was about ready to cry.  Instead he responded to Jaejoong, “No it’s not a fun game, is it?”  He then looked at the pot on the stove, and asked, “Do you happen to know what this is supposed to be?”

 

            Jaejoong shrugged and said, “I hope it’s not dinner, it stinks, but this smells nice.”  Jaejoong was holding up a stick of cinnamon that he had for some reason.

 

            Changmin sighed and ushered Jaejoong out of the messy kitchen that looked like a war zone.

 

            Once in the living room, the others saw Jaejoong and told him to come color with them.  Jaejoong got excited and did, but once he was over there Yunho, Yoochun, and Junsu covered their noses and said that Jaejoong stunk.

 

            “Yah! That’s not nice,”Jaejoong said as he tried to sniff himself.

 

            Changmin saw that Jaejoong was covered in gunk.  ‘Must be whatever he was making in the kitchen,’ thought Changmin.

 

            “Okay, it’s bath time,” said Changmin.

 

            “Yay!” shouted Junsu, next to a pouting Yoochun.  “I take bath with Chun-chun!”

 

            “Then I take bath with Yunnie,” Jaejoong said excitedly.

 

            “Hey!” protested Yunho.  “I’m too big to take a bath with others.”

 

            “Nuh uh!” argued Jaejoong.  “I’m older than you, and I say that you can.”

 

            “No I can’t,” Yunho argued back.

 

            “Yes you can,” Jaejoong said as his eyes got larger and doe-like, “please!”

 

            Yunho was about to refuse, but he kept looking at Jaejoong’s pleading/pouting face, and he gave in.  “Fine!”

 

            “Yes!” shouted Jaejoong as he pumped his fist in the air.  “We go first.”

 

            “Okay,” Yoochun said as he quickly went back to coloring, looking as if he was so happy to prolong his bath for even just a few minutes more.

 

            Jaejoong skipped to the bathroom with a slow moving Yunho behind him, and Changmin following after them.

 

            Changmin set the bath water, while Jaejoong quickly undressed.  Yunho undressed slowly, and stopped at his underwear.

 

            “Come on, get ,” Jaejoong said.

 

            “Just a minute,” Yunho responded, “not yet.”

 

            Changmin shook his head at what he heard them say.  He didn’t know whether to laugh or tease them.  He figured that he’d wait until both Jaejoong and Yunho were older before he’ll tease them.  “Okay, the water’s ready.”

 

            Yunho stripped of his underwear and quickly got in.  Jaejoong got in right after Yunho did, but sat in front of his dongsaeng.

 

            “You wash my back, ahjusshi, and I’ll wash hyungs back,” said Yunho.

 

            “Yunho will wash my back?” asked Jaejoong with a small smile.

 

            “Mm,” responded Yunho as he began to lather up the soap on Jaejoong’s back.

 

            Changmin was about to do the same to Yunho’s back, but that small back turned into a larger back.

 

            “Aigoo,” said Changmin.

 

            Jaejoong looked behind him to see what his Changmin-ahjusshi was going on about, and he saw his ahjusshi sitting behind him.  “Yay!  I take bath with Yun-ahjusshi!” squealed a happy Jaejoong while clapping.

 

            “Not again,” Yunho mumbled as he covered himself and tried to quickly get out of the bath tub and into some clothes.  Unfortunately, Jaejoong went to stop Yunho from leaving by grabbing Yunho’s leg, which caused Yunho to trip and fall over on Changmin.

 

            Changmin, who didn’t much like skinship before, definitely did not approve of a Yunho lying on top of him.  “Yah!” Changmin shouted.  “Get off!  Get off!”

 

            “Mianhe, Changmin,” Yunho mumbled as he got off of his maknae.

 

            “I see Yun-ahjusshi’s booty.”  Jaejoong giggled as he pointed at Yunho’s .

 

            “Aish,” Yunho said as he quickly wrapped a towel around him.

 

            Still on the floor, Changmin sat looking at himself.  “I’m all wet now,” he mumbled.  Changmin got smaller and finished saying, “Appa, look at what you did.”

 

            “Yun-ahjusshi is not your appa, Minnie,” said Jaejoong.

 

            “Don’t call me Minnie!” shouted Changmin.

 

            Jaejoong looked like he was about to shout back, before he instead said, “One touch!” and reached out and hit Changmin.

 

            Yunho’s eyes nearly bugged out when he saw this.  ‘No, no, no!  Not this again!’  Changmin turned a deadly smile towards Yunho while mumbling in a sing-song voice, “Appa…”

 

            Yunho swallowed and backed up while keeping a firm grip on his towel.  Fear showed up on his face as the chibi maknae approached him.

 

            “One tou-”

 

            “One touch!”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:  I know that Changmin wasn't an adult long, but I really wanted to prevent Jaejoong from completing the cure at the last second, and I could not resist putting Yunho into the bath situation again.  There will be more Yoochun and Junsu in the next chapter, which will be uploaded very soon.