Chapter 12

One Month (On Hiatus)

 

Ryeowook walks inside the café with a pair of shades on her face. She did that to cover up her swollen eyes. She look around to find the man and she did when she saw him sleeping on one of the seats. Slowly, Ryeowook made her way towards him before taking a seat across him startling the heck out of Sungmin.

 

“What do you want to see me for?”

 

Ryeowook ask her voice full of bitterness. Sungmin frown at her.

 

“At least order a cup of coffee of something”

 

Sungmin said and Ryeowook roll her eyes.

 

“I’m not here to play around Park Sungmin. Now tell me the reasons on why do you want to see me”

 

Ryeowook said and Sungmin nod before taking out a black envelope and slide it towards Ryeowook.

 

“What is this?”

 

Ryeowook ask as she took it and took out the content.

 

“One month contract?”

 

She ask.

 

“We do know that we can’t avoid this marriage just because of our ancestors for making such a promise to each other’s family. We do know that because of the marriage, most of our ancestors were heartbroken. And some don’t. So, I was thinking. Why don’t we get married and file a divorce after one month?”

 

Sungmin explain and Ryeowook raise an eyebrow.

 

“And why should it be one month? Why can’t it be for two weeks or even better, three days?”

 

Ryeowook ask making Sungmin chuckle.

 

“Do you want to break your father’s heart?”

 

Sungmin ask making Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“Of course you don’t. I wouldn’t mind breaking my father’s heart. He broke mine along time ago”

 

Sungmin muttered something that Ryeowook couldn’t catch.

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

“Nothing. One month is enough to convince our parents that we really need a divorce”

 

Sungmin said making Ryeowook sigh before nodding.

 

“Fine”

 

“Then sign it”

 

She began to read the contract.

 

 

ONE MONTH CONTRACT

This contract is sign by Park Sungmin and Choi Ryeowook. Both needs to follow the order of the contract and if either shall break the rules, that person is qualify to be punished with any punishment.

Rules:

  1. No killing each other
  2. Be a couple in front of the crowd.
  3. Never humiliate each other in front of the crowd
  4. No stopping each other from seeing anyone
  5. Be polite with each other’s parents
  6. Don’t dare touch each other except if they have permission
  7. (this is the most important thing) never fall in love with each other

And with these rules, hereby Park Sungmin and Choi Ryeowook accept. We will receive the punishment that we will be given of either one of us break the rule.

Sign by,

ParkSungmin

(Park Sungmin)

And

 

(Choi Ryeowook)

 

Ryeowook gave Sungmin a short smile.

 

“Not a bad idea. And I like to add something. If either one of us let our parents saw that we were ‘cheating’ with someone else, then the contract is terminated  immediately and the marriage is off. And don’t bother about each other’s private thing”

 

She said making Sungmin nod before taking the contract and wrote it down.

 

“Sign it then”

 

Sungmin said. Ryeowook took the pen and sign the contract before giving Sungmin a satisfied smile.

 

“I’m done then right?”

 

She ask and Sungmin nod.  She got up and was about to leave when Sungmin stop her.

 

“Just let you know that I am force to do this”

 

Sungmin said and Ryeowook sigh.

 

“I know. And I am too”

 

She said before going out of the café.

 

~

 

Ryeowook took her phone out and dialed a familiar number. it was rang for a few moment before he answered it. A small smile came to Ryeowook’s face.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Kyu~”

 

She calle slowly and she could feel him smiling at the other side of the phone.

 

“Baby, why are you calling me? Did you miss me?”

 

He ask.

 

“Hmm…. I miss you a lot”

 

She whispered as the memories of her and him came to her mind. She heard him chuckle which sound like music to her ears.

 

“I miss you too baby”

 

He whispered back. Ryeowook choke back a sob. How could she tell him? how could she tell him that she’s marrying another man?

 

“Kyu”

 

She called her voice quiver.

 

“Yes baby?”

 

He ask.

 

“No-nothing”

 

She stutter out as a few tears fell down her cheeks. She couldn’t hold the tears any longer.

 

“Baby, where are you? Are you crying?”

 

He ask and Ryeowook tried to choke back a sob but failed miserably.

 

“N-no”

 

It was a complete lie and Kyuhyun knows it.

 

“Wookie, why are you crying?”

 

He ask, his voice panicking.

 

“I’m not”

 

She said as more tears come.

 

“Don’t lie baby. I know you are. Where are you?”

 

He ask.

 

“I’m fine Kyu. I just mi-missed you a lot”

 

She said half true. She miss him and everything that happen just make her miss him even more. He fell silent.

 

“I miss you too baby. Don’t worry. When I come back to Seoul, we can go out together, play together and maybe sleep together”

 

He said jokingly and Ryeowook laugh softly.

 

“I love you Kyu”

 

She said to him.

 

“I love you too baby. I love you a lot and you mean the world to me. You are the only one for me”

 

He said.

 

“B-bye”

 

And the moment she close the call, Ryeowook break down into loud cries.

 

Kyuhyun-ah, I’m sorry….

 

She was really sorry because she’s breaking Kyuhyun’s heart..

 

Kyuhyun-ah, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry… I love you….