The Stranger

What makes you strong.....

 

"Hyung, are we there yet?" Daesung asked, exhausted. There were broken pieces of whatever-the-things-were everywhere. As Seunghyun carefully stepped around, he answered the younger one's question "Actually,...we're already in the town, well what seemed to be once a very lively town as I remember it".

"It's ok. We're not in the downtown yet. Besides, it's already a relief that there aren't any attackers here. We'll just keep moving and find something to eat there, ok" Jiyong said. Jiyong really hope that there are some food left there because he can look over the town and there isn't a sight of living thing there....did I make the wrong decision? We should have gone to the other town. Aish, what the hell we're gonna do here....Ji yong's mind started to wonder and panic. "Jiyong ah, you ok?" his best friend asked. 

"yeah, I'm totally fine. Let's go" Jiyong lied. "Seungri ah~you,  just a few more walk, ok. Then hyung will give you something to eat." Both of them nodded at the older male.

Everything was so quiet. They could hear some dogs barking in the smoke from time to time. But that didn't bother them. Right now, finding a shelter and food, and medicines is their priority.

"Oppa, look.." you stopped and grabbed Youngbae's shirt to turn their attention towards a puppy. It was barely a few months old…., weeping beside it's dead mother. A little puppy with no food or water, who can barely walk is crying beside his mom. They went to silent. you started to speak.

"He's like me, isn't he Oppa? No parents, no relatives, no place to live and no one to accept him..."

"Yah at least you have us!" Seungri shouted at her. "Can I keep him?" you looked up to Jiyong. Jiyong hesitated for a while. This isn't the best situation to foster a lost pup. 'Sure why not? He' needs a family right.' Jiyong replied, the other just agreed.

'Yay! I can be the mother now. Seungri oppa, you can be the daddy and Seunghyunie oppa is the grandpa!'

 

"Hey, why should I be the daddy?" Seungri shouted

 

"and why am I the grandpa??" asked Seunghyun wide eyed. Everyone chuckled at their little conversation.

 

"come on, let's get goin' "

 

Step by step they came closer to downtown. Compared to the outskirts, downtown seems to have a little more people. However the usual sight of children running around giggling, Ahjummas gossiping around and old people gathering together for some round table talk,.....they all seemed like yesterday, disappeared in the gunfire and smokes.

 

"Look!! Is that a convenience store??" everyone looked over to the direction Daesung pointing at.

"Yeah!! And a pharmacy attached to it!! Come on" Jiyong led his small group into the store. The electricity in the store is going on and off every minute. Like one of those you would see in the horror movies, plus right now it's around 6 so the sky's getting darker. Seunghyun is the first to step into the store.

 

"Looks like there's no one here. The owners must have run away or something. Isn't it great?Looks like lady luck is on our side" Seunghyun chirped.

"But still, be careful. We don't know what happened here. Let's look around to see if there's anything we need here" Youngbae mentioned, you grabbing his arm tightly as they stroll through the shelves.

They slowly explored the store. Luckily, seems like no one has come here yet, because everything in the store is perfectly in order and not missing anything. Jiyong grinned wide. We can survive right now he thought. Suddenly the lights went out.

 

*thump*….*thump*

 

Everyone held their breathe and stopped what they were doing and turned their attention to where the noise was coming. It came from the back door of the store, which seemed like it is attached to a room at the back of the store. Jiyong looked at Youngbae and Seunghyun. Youngbae nodded at him and stepped in front of Seungri and Daesung ,and pulled you closer to his chest. Seunghyun grabbed whatever it was in front of him to use it as a weapon. They were in their ready-to-be-attacked position.

 

*squeak~..* the door slowly open to show a young man, poking his head out into the store. The lights came back on just in time.

 

 "Hahaha" the young man laughed at the confused looks on thier faces, the situation they were in.

 

"Mwo yah, I thought there were attackers. Looks like just a bunch of kids"

 

"Hey watch out. We don't know you. Who are you ? What are you doing here?" Seunghyun speak up.

 

"Actually that's my line, you know. But it's ok, since we're all on the same boat. I'll forgive you. So here's how it goes. My name's Eunhyuk and I am the owner of this store, well…,it's my father's but my family’s left already, so that just makes me the owner. Any questions?" he told them like he’s being questioned at a police station.

 

"sorry for entering without permission" Youngbae broke the awkward silence. "we're just some survivors near the forest area. Our food ran out so we came here to find some food and shelter."

 

"Oh, is that so?? For food and drinks, you can take as many as you want. The shop isn't in business anyways. Feel free to take anything. But for shelter, you can't stay here. It's for your own safety. This place has become like a hunting ground since I have a lot of supplies. The enemy's army in town has their eyes set on this store. If there's too many people here, they will notice and you guys will be captured for their own good. Trust me, you don't want to be with them."

“Why” Seungri asked.

“’coz they grab young man like us to make their slave., like carrying their ammos and stuff and they never feed you and will use you till you’re dead” Eunhyuk furrowed his brows. “and my little brother is currently missing….” His tone lowered.

 

"I’m sorry to hear that. Thanks for your concern. We'll find another place" Seunghyun said.

 

"Why are you left behind here? Are you a spy?" Seungri blurted out.

 

Ji yong smacked his head "Ya, don't be so rude! And stop asking questions!"

 

"Maybe his parents left him, too" you said, holding onto the puppy. Eunhyuk looked puzzled to you's random statement. Youngbae mouthed the word 'orphan' to him. *Ah* he nodded in understand.

 

"No, it's okay. I didn't stay behind. A few days ago the army from our country came with trucks and moved the town's people to a safer place. Unfortunately, there were too many people. SO they decided old people, women and children as a priority and moved them first. So basically, men and some other people were left behind. They did say about another round of transport will be in a few weeks. So we're all waiting for the next round to move, if we're lucky enough to a stay alive till that day..hehe.." Eunhyuk  let out an awkward laugh.

 

"Hey, doesn't that mean that we will be saved in a few days, right hyung?" Daesung became cheerful again.

 

"Yeah, we just need to a find a place to sleep and wait. Oh, Eunhyuk hyung,  you also have a pharmacy attached to this store tight? We need some medicine."

"Come on it's at the outside. Follow me". They followed him out to the store. Seunghyun has already put the supplies into a bag and carried it over his shoulder.

"Actually, I'm a licensed doctor you know, even though my face doesn’t look like one hehehe. Tell me what do you need"

Jiyong was happy to see a doctor in this situation. He lightly pushed you towards Eunhyuk and said "Our little sister is a bit sick. Lung problems. We run out of her meds. Can you take a look please?"

"sure" Eunhyuk pulled out a stethoscope out of nowhere and started examining. Eunhyuk frowned. "wow, how can you walk around without meds. She is really weak right now. Probably because of all these situations. It's a suprise that she's still able to pull throught this all. But don't worry. Give her nourishing food and make sure she take her pills everyday."

"thank you" you said , looking at her toes.

Eunhyuk  chuckled "you're welcome sweetie. Stay healthy and Oppa will meet you again someday. Oppa will marry you" he said jokingly.

"Ahem Ahem Ohh Kayy~, now. That was REALLY nice meeting you. See you in a few days when the army come pick us up. We have to go now. Gotta find a place before it gets darker." Jiyong snapped in.

Everyone said their goodbyes and were about to leave but they halted ,because of the noises they heard from the end of the road. The sounds become clearer and they figured out those were screams....followed by a few soldiers pointing their guns at everywhere.

A/N---> Okay, here's the long chapter?? Anyway, I posted ^__^V .In next chapter, I might add inspiring songs at the bottom. Trust me, they really help you get into the mood.