Thank you

What makes you strong.....

 

you woke up with an aching body. She bring her hand on her ponding head. The room is poorly lit but still the sight is blurred from the light. She blinked a few times and concentrated to adjust to the light, only  to find a web-covered ceiling. Then she noticed that she’s on an old bed. you shot up and checked around the little room with a rusty smell, trying to recall what happened.

“Oh, you’re awake” A man’s voice appeared from behind. you turned immediately and see a shadow walking over to her. She jerked back, trying to hide herself which is already impossible.

“whoo..o..a..are..y..you?” you asked, hugging herself and trying to sound stable as possible because she doesn’t want to let the stranger know that she’s scared.

“Calm down. I won’t hurt you” The shadow approached even closer to you.

“That’s what the bad people always say. Don’t let your guard down.” you thought to yourself.

He slowly stretched out his left hand to reach you. That’s when you started to panic.

“Don’t touch me!!! HELP!!!” you closed her eyes tight and used all her strength to fight back.

“Hey Hey shhh! Shhh!.They’ll hear you.”  The man also panicked and tried to shut you by covering your mouth with his big hands. “le.oo…gooommph….ph..” you fought him back but he was much stronger. He has also held you down, hugging your upper body from behind. You struggled  and struggled. Tears started to fall, angry at how weak and incapable you are right now.

“Stop crying. I didn’t do anything. Oh my god” The man started talking to himself and held you even tighter. He’s suffocating you and your breath is getting heavier. Suddenly, you felt something warm and pain shot through you from your left arm. Your struggle has become weaker and started to feel dizzy and weak. You can’t breathe properly and you looked over your left shoulder to find your arm bleeding everytime you try to move.

The unknown man looked down over you as he can feel you going limp. Then he hold up his hand to his face which is holding your left side saw blood.
“Oh my god! Noona!!! Noona!!! Come quickly!!” he yelled towards the end of the room.

you ‘s breathing has become really hard and she knew what she need. “my…in..haler..” you said “What? Inhaler?” he eyes darted around searching for one. “inhaler inhaler inhaler” he chanted like it would just appear in front of him. “Gotcha! Here you go. Is this what you need?” You desperately held onto it and took a long breath. But it’s not really helping with your weakness. You heard clacks of heels.

A slender figure strutted to you as you try to focus on your consciousness.
“ For god’s sake, I only left you to take over for five minutes and this is what happened?” a woman’s voice scolded as she walked over you and the man, drying her wet hands with dirty blood-stained cloth. She sat on the edge of the bed and stoke your hair. “there there. You don’t have to be scared honey. We’re helping you” .

you looked into her eyes through tears and started to calm unwillingly as she has no strength anymore and hurting.

“you, move over” She waves her hand at he man. “Oh my god, look what you just did” she examined your bleeding arm carefully.

“It’s not my fault noona. She just didn’t cooperate” the young man said, pouting at his noona.

The woman ignored him and looked at you closely. “ Are you okay?” she saked softly and you just looked at her with helpless eyes. “Sorry for scaring you. I’m Dara and that little idiot over there is my little brother, Cheondung. You’ve been unconscious and I’ve been nursing you” She introduced but you can’t recall if you have ever met them or even how you met.

“Thank you .. and sorry but what happened. I’m sorry but I don’t remember you” you spoke carefully not to piss off the woman. She seems like she has a serious temper, not to mention that you’re in their hands right now.

The woman chuckled “it’s okay sweetie. Of’course you don’t know us” then she explained your whole incidents (we’ll just skip that part shall we?)

“oh..” you can only said that after hearing what happened “Thank you again for saving me ” You said and bowed at them.

“Nah, it’s okay. We should all help each other in this kind of situation.” Dara smiled at you. “yah like kicking me” Cheondung added, with his arms crossed and leaning on the wall all the time his noona was explaining. Dara glared at him.” So now, do you trust us enough for telling your name?”

“Of ‘course. You are my saviors. I’m you” you smiled at her

 “Nice name. I’m sorry if I’m asking too much but do you have a family? Why are you all alone in this kind of situation? For us, we’ve always lived only two in this old house”

You face fell at her question “I’m an orphan”.

Dara looked a little bit surprised and Cheondung looks at you, replacing his arrogant face with concern. “Oh my, I’m sorry that I asked” Dara apologized furrowing her brow.

“No no no. Don’t be. Because I have a family” you smiled at her. Now she looks puzzled. “and we have a bond stronger than blood”. Dara nodded slowly as she comprehends what you said. “That’s so nice. I hope you find them soon” She puts her hand on your shoulder, patting.
“umm.. what’s going on here?” Cheondung poked in his head and Dara pushed his head.

“Just ignore and take some rest. You need it” you nodded and Dara sat up, grabbing her little brother with him.

Dara exited the room and switched off the lights. As she was about to leave, she tilted her head and said
“You know, you can stay as long as you want here. But if you want to go look for your family, then it’s your choice. I won’t hold you back”

“I understand” you replied and Dara turned her back to leave “Umm… Dara- unnie..”

“huh?” she turned back.
“thank you for everything, really.”

“*chuckle* Anytime, I’ve always wanted a sister instead of a clumsy little brother” with that she left the room.

you  rest her head on the pillow, staring into blank space thinking about how things have turned out. “Life is really unpredictable. I wonder how the oppas are doing right now” she thought to herself and looked through the frameless window. The night is dark without a moon but the Evangeline is shining her way brightly at the silent world. She whispered at the sole star “Oppa-deul, you’re all okayright? You have to…”  and slowly she drifted into sleep. This is the first time after all the incidents that she is going to sleep properly…