Who are you?

What makes you strong.....

 

you’s POV

I woke up to the warm light beaming on my face. I guess I didn’t close the window last night. I stretched and shifted a little in the bed. It was too comfortable that my body is refusing to get up.

*clack*

I shot up to the voice from the door. I still can’t get used to the peaceful surrounding and my mind is always expecting that something’s gonna happen again “W..who’s there?”  I asked towards the room door. The figure flinched a little at my question. “Dara unnie? Cheondung oppa?”

Whoever was at the door didn’t answer me and I was getting frustrated.  “I’m asking who you are!!!! If you don’t answer, I’m gonna run over you and crash your little skull!!!!!” I yelled out. I was even surprised at how those words slipped out of my ever quiet self. Guess everything has shaped me into a tough girl. But after I yelled out, I kinda regretted ‘cuz I’m living under a stranger’s shelter. It could be anyone living in this house. ” I’m sor..” before I could finish my words, that figure practically flew towards me, knocking me on the bed again.

“what the!!.Oof..” I grunted, holding in the urge to curse at the monster over me. I snapped my eyes open and the guy in front of me proved me wrong. He was nothing like a monster. Instead, he had a face that reminds me of an angel, a face that can mesmerize anything.  As he was hovering over me, his messy bed-hair falls perfectly on his face. His wide shoulders and chest could cover my whole body. And the light from the window shone perfectly from behind, highlighting his features. At one thought, I would be blushing if I could blush but this is not the time for this now. I collected my thoughts and tried to push him off of me.

“Get off of me!!” I said which doesn’t seem convincing to him. He may have a beautiful face but his deep eyes were full of hatred and what is that..I can’t read….it was like a plain ice..  His expression doesn’t change one bit as he was like taking in my every feature, like he was investigating me. At that time the door flung open.

“Oh god, Minho get off of her!”  Dara unnie came in with a tray of food in her hands. The boy tilted his head to Dara with his posture remained unchanged. “I mean it Minho. Now get off and come here. Don’t scare her like that. Gosh why do something always happen when I come in.” He looked back to me like he was considering whether to listen to Dara or not. I looked back at him, trying to keep my eyes stable but they failed me miserably. I looked at him back with my pupils wavering. He took a deep breath and released me from his grip.

“Good boy. Now come here” Dara flashed a smile at him. He then lazily walked passed her and leaned on the wall with his arms crossed. I looked over to him at which I received a ‘hmph’ and he turned his head away from me.

“Sorry about that. Did he scared you?” Dara sat at the edge of the bed, handing you the breakfast. “No, it’s okay. Ummm.. can I ask who he is? Is he your brother?”
Dara chuckled at your question. “No honey. He’s like you. Only that he came earlier. It was really hard to handle him at first. It took us days to make him talk”

“Why?” I asked with curious eyes. Dara unnie smiled at me. ”sorry. I don’t mean to be nosy…”

“No, it’s okay. It’s just that he’s got trust issues. That’s why he acted that way towards you. He was going to leave with his family at the first transfer but for some reason, he got separated from his family or get ‘abandoned’ as he told. That’s why.” Dara Unnie explained. “ah,.i see” I nodded in understand and looked at him once again. He was still looking away and acted like we aren’t talking about him. He kept ignoring me but I know he was listening to everything

 “Okay, here’s your breakfast. I’m a terrible cook but don’t worry. Cheondung made these. So eat up and I’ll be downstairs if you need me ’kay”  Dara turned his heels to leave and turned her head backwards “Minho ah, aren’t you going to leave,too? Come on” Dara said to him but he didn’t move a muscle.

“It’s okay unnie. I’m fine with it” I smiled at her. “Are you sure?” Dara asked furrowing her brow. I smiled and nodded. “Okay, then. Hey,  don’t scare her and don’t do that thing from earlier again okay. And stop staring at her” with that Dara unnie left the room.

I looked at him to find him staring back at him. I immediately looked away and suddenly my breakfast has become the most interesting thing right now. The silence is getting really uncomfortable and awkward. I’m wondering if he is burning holes in my head.  This is one of let-me-dig-a-hole-and-stuck-myhead  moments and I blamed myself as for why did I let him stay. But there was something about him that makes me want to know more about him.

To make the awkwardness fade away, I decided to pretend that I’m busy. I held the sandwich in my hand and took a bite. I couldn’t even pay attention to the taste and what was going in. but my taste buds woke me up. This is the most delicious sandwich that I’ve ever had. My face lit up with excitement and held the sandwich far above, examining how it was made. Then I realized that he was still in the room and got embarrassed for my childish behavior. I quickly take my hand back. “i..it was really delicious.s… want some?” I stuttered and held it to him.  He was still there, face unchanged. I guess it was useless to talk to him. How silly of me. I just decided to ignore him.

“chef” a single word slipped out from his mouth. I was surprised to hear his voice.”  E..e..xcuse me?”

“I said ‘chef’. He was training to be one, that Cheondung hyung” he explained to me with an icy tone. “Ahhh.. that explains” I’m still surprised that he chose to talk to me. There’s something about his aura. It kinda reminds me of Seunghyun-oppa. An aura that is awkward but interesting, scary but comforting at the same time. Again the taboo word came across to my mind. It always makes me feel vulnerable and weak when things remind me that I’m away from them. My face fell again and I was back to the mood when I first got here with injuries.

“did I say something wrong?” he asked sounding regretted. “no no, it’s just that I’m a bit tired”
“really? But you just woke up” he said, already sensing something.
“sorry, it’s just that you remind me of a lot of things”
“like?” he asked. I was again surprised that he wanted know about me.
“About my brothers.  I’m an orphan actually but they are the closest people I can relate to a family or even better” I told him with a smile.
“hmph..ha…he…hahahaa” he laughed. Yes, he just laughed out without a reason.
“What are you laughing at? What’s so funny?” I asked, annoyed at his behavior.
He stopped laughing, “Kiddo, you need to learn that there’s no such thing as love or family in this world. People meet and people leave. That’s how it is. Even if you dear so much and try to hold on to them, they will still slip away like water in your palm. So wake up and stop dreaming” he said, cold and serious.

I was just starting to like him. How can he act this way.!!. The way he talked makes me boil. “NO! I believe in them and I haven’t lost faith in them!!!!Not even a second!! You have no right to say that. I don’t know what kind of people you have met but I can tell you that my brothers are nothing like them!!!  Even if we are far apart, we are always close… right here” I held on to my chest and bit my lips. I can see that he was a little taken aback. But he wouldn’t say anything and just stood there. “can you please just leave? Tell Dara unnie that I’ll be down in a few minutes” I flopped down to my bed with my back facing at him and pulled the covers over me. “Tsk!”he left the room. I glanced at the door and when I see that he left I sighed in my bed.  

What exactly is wrong with him?…