So it begins

What makes you strong.....

 

It’s time to move. I thought to myself.

“I can’t tell you what to do but I would rather you don’t leave. You were barely alive when we found you and it’s just too risky to go out there. It’ll be like throwing you into a lion cage. And I wouldn’t want to allow you to go out…at least not by yourself.”

What Dara Unnie said kept ringing in my head. But actually it didn’t really bothered me. I was determined and once I made a decision, I would do it no matter what. That habit has grown to me because of Jiyong Oppa.  He is the most Iron-headed person I’ve ever known. He would never change his mind once he’s targeted on something. I gotta thank him for  teaching me lots of things.

A lot of random things were running in my head while I was packing up. After I’ve packed up, I slung the bag over my shoulder and cocked my head to Clover. “Kaja~” He obediently followed me, wagging his tail. I turned the door knoe and stepped out of the room. I know very well that Dara Unnie is going to yell at me. But what else I can do. I have to leave anyway..if I want to find them back. I went down the stairs carefully, looking here and there for Dara Unnie.

“Good Morning~” Cheondung Oppa said in a sing song manner while flipping the eggs. “Morning” I greeted back with one hand raised. Cheondung Oppa looked at me and then his eyes widened at the sight of me with my bags.“ Yah.. you where are you going?”.

I simply smiled at him. Our first impressions and first meeting wasn’t a pretty one but over time, I realized that he is such a warm person. I thought he was some kind of weird and strange guy. In fact, he is one of the soft-hearted persons I’ve ever known. He was really protective of me and told me that he actually wanted a younger sister rather than a nagging elder sister, which earned him a hit from Dara Unnie.

“It’s time to go, don’t you think?” I told him in a calm tone.

“What did you just say?” Dara Unnie’s voice snapped from behind us. She was standing on the staircase looking at me with firm eyes.  “noona..”

Dara raised one hand and gesture him to hold still. “Unnie.. I’m leaving today. Sorry for not telling you in advance”.

Dara slowly came down. With each step she said “How could you? After all this I’ve done for you and said to you”. you couldn’t say anything. She couldn’t even look straight into her eyes because feeling of sorry and guilty has hide her from her face. Dara came closer to you. you didn’t back away or flinch. She just stood there unmoved, like she’s ready to accept what comes. Dara looked straight into her .” You are not leaving here.”

“Yeah, you can’t leave. You know that” Cheondung trying to put himself in the conversation.

“He’s right. You can’t leave” Dara has her lips in a thin line and a moment after silence “At least not alone, Minho will go with you”

“Huh?!!” Cheondung and you said almost identical.

“That’s right. --- will go with you. It’s time for him to go out there and find himself the truth. And you, young lady, needs someone beside you to look over you. By looking at you, I can tell that you lived under other people’s protection and care. And although, you want to be strong, you still could use some help.”

She is still confused at Dara’s solution and lost for words. “but…him...i..uh..why…?!”

“He’s been here since the war haven’t even started”

“Oh…...wait what?!”

“Yeah, that’s right. He is actually a runaway kid. You can guess how long he had been here. And you, are the first one he’s shown interest in. That’s strange but I find it improving. Whenever we asked about him or his family, he always says strange things, like his family kill each other for a living and his mother ate his father. I know. Crazy, huh? But don’t worry. He’s absolutely normal…...I guess”

“What do you mean you guess?!!”

“Anyway, you will only leave with him or you stay here? My house, My rule! Choosing is your part”

“I guess I have no choice then. Now I understand what Cheondung Oppa meant by  Noona’s tough love

“ Ah~ I’m glad that you want to do as I say” Dara happily clapped and patted her, not caring a thing. “Oh, look . He’s already waiting for you. How cute~”

I looked at the doorway and saw him leaning the frame with a bag in hand. How and when did he get there? More importantly why did he even agreed to go out, not to mention as my partner..

“What are you looking at shorty?! If you want to leave get your moving!”

Oh my…,this is gonna be a long journey….