Cold Night

What makes you strong.....

 

The night is getting deeper and deeper. Everything around is getting darker. The world is now silent. All they could hear is the whimper of a lonely owl and the occasional sparks from the bon fire. It's been two weeks since the war broke out. Jamsil orphanage is located at the outskirts of town and 4 days ago, it was blown up and since then they've been living in the woods nearby.

you  moved closer to seungri who is sitting beside her, near the fire. That is the only light shinning through the darkness. Seungri tilted his head and took a glance at her.

'Seungri oppa, aren't you scared?’ you asked.

Seungri paused for a while. 'yah you idiot, why would i be scared? We're all here and of'course the hyungs will protect us! Like they always do, right hyung?' he looked up to jiyong who is trying to keep the fire alive. Seungri's eyes show a spark of hoping to hear the soothing words. Jiyong stopped and looked at the younger ones and gave them a light smile.

 ‘'That's for sure. I will always protect you and after all this is over, we're gonna live in a nice lovely house. So just don't worry and sleep tight. It's getting colder'’ jiyong tried to give his best smile and walked over the two and tucked them into 'bed', which is just some leaves on the ground.

They've been surviving on the food they brought from their wrecked kitchen. Thank god Youngbae remembers to pull them out from between the bricks. They got a potato sack and some rice. But the rice run out two days ago. Right now potatoes are the only thing they have in hand. Jiyong sighed deeply. That is the only thing he could do right now. Youngbae came and sit beside him and patted his bestfriend-brother's back. Top, the one who's been quiet all the time finally started to speak …. more like a whisper.

'Do you think we can do this?' looking at you  and Seungri, sleeping now as their mind were at ease, and Daesung who's sleeping beside them. He must be tired because he's the one who collected all the wood they need for tonight.

Jiyong's face was filled with a lot of concern 'We can...and we have to'. He answered in a serious tone but his eyes staring into space like they can’t find an answer, too.

'but we can't just hide here forever' taeyang stated. 'The only thing we have as food right now is this three goddamn potatoes. And you, we're okay but she's a girl, not to mention her lung weakness.  I don't think she can hang on another week here.' Youngbae has a point. Their ever-so-bright dongsaengs faces were now full of fear. They can barely hear daesung's laughters now.

'But going into the town in this state, don't you think it's a bit risky? I'm sure there's gunshots everywhere.' top reasoned brows furrowed in annoyance.

'I know of ‘course BUT rather than in the woods without even real ground to sleep on , we can still hope and more importantly food and medicine. She needs her medicine. You know that.' youngbae said. you used to take a lot of pills. But there aren't any anymore.

Jiyong said ‘'Youngbae's right, and the food’s running out. This is the woods we’re talking about. We’ve been here for 4 days. The animals in the woods probably already sensed our smell. Last night I heard howls. We can't just sit here anymore. We'll go tomorrow morning. There may be a lot of dangers waiting for us but we have to get through this. I've already made a promise and i will keep it no matter what’'. Jiyong told them like he's sure of their tomorrow. As usual Jiyong is very capable in leading and making decisions. They work like guide book to them.

‘'ok, it's settled then. Come on, it's getting darker. Go to sleep I’ll guard'’.

'No..' Seunghyun said 'you guys go to sleep. I'll guard. Remember i'm the oldest hyung here. I'll take responsiblity for all of my dongsengs' Seunghyun gave them a warm smile. Youngbae gave an understanding nod.

'haha...just don't doze off, okay' Jiyong said standing up and dusting his pants.

'Yah, who do you think I am?’ Seunghyun shot back.

'The laziest person of the pack' Jiyong chuckled and joked and went to bed. Seunghyun just smiled at him. Jiyong snuggled behind seungri and hugged him, giving his warmth. Youngbae corrected daesung's crooked sleeping position, making him sleep more comfortably. After all, they have a big day tomorrow.

 

 

A/N how about the first chapter?? I just can't hold the urge to post. See what i did there? "Jamsil" ? It's Gary's hometown lol! Sorry, I'm so random. Anyway, i'll update another chapter soon.

P.s. Comments and subscriptions are my endorphin. So don't be shy and go ahead. To those who have read before, thank you sincerely for reading again *bow*