Chapter 7:

Big Bang II: The big four

Chapter 7:

 

HyunA briskly walked out of Doo Joon’s office hearing the soft sounds of her heels hit against the concrete floor while her eyes wandered over the posters and awards displayed on the walls of CUBE Entertainment.

The tremendous change in CUBE was awe-inspiring. During her absence, the numbers of artists in CUBE have increased tremendously as well as the number of awards.

Noticing some posters that existed before she went to Japan, HyunA couldn't help but chuckle light heartedly at how things changed in just a few years. Her delicate fingers trailed over the walls, running over posters of 4 Minute and Beast, before these groups disbanded.

 Looking at the dust flying in the air from years of poor housekeeping, HyunA was forcibly reminded of the harsh realities of being in the entertainment industry as each poster on the wall stared down with their formidable gazes as she grazed the texture with her ashen fingertips.

It was basic knowledge that all singing groups will have a certain life span and would disband one day.

While most of the members of the disbanded group would leave the spotlight just like what had happened to the rest of the members in 4 Minute, the more famous and talented ones, would survive in the entertainment industry by transforming into an actor, producer or ended up as a soloist.  

With that piece of information in mind, HyunA had often wondered where she would be if she had not entered the entertainment industry. But she had been and there was no way to change it.

It was the fate of all celebrities and HyunA would just have to learn to accept it.

When there are so many younger groups coming out, older groups would naturally break up after they become a certain age.

"I can’t believe that fox is back!"

Goo Hara's sharp voice caused HyunA's head to shoot up. While she had been in Doo Joon’s office, it seems that news about her being back in CUBE had spread. How Hara had known that she was back, HyunA knew it all too well.  Noticing a flash of anger from the woman who walked just a few steps in front of Jun Hyung, HyunA rounded around the corner, steeling herself for the inevitable encounter.

She wouldn't go into a fight with Hara. She couldn't, she reminded herself firmly. Not when Hara and Seungri have fostered a long friendship before their debut. Being in a fight with Hara would only make Seungri think negatively about her.

"HyunA.”

It was rather astonishing, how much hatred Hara was able to muster in that one little word, especially considering her nonchalant mask didn't show any signs of cracking.

HyunA casually turned around with a smile played on her lips "Hello, Hara sunbea nim. Nice to see you here. Looks like you are enjoying your marriage life with..."

“Enough with your sweet talk." Hara interrupted furiously. “It seems that you really like me a lot don’t you?”

"Hara…" Jun hyung said quietly. It was a plea. A plea that went unheard.

“Jun hyung told me that you went to look for Seungri the first thing you reached Japan.” Hara said coldly as she took a step closer. “As if the endless rumours of you and Jun hyung being in a relationship was not enough, you actually went to look for Seungri and stick to him like a piece of glue!”

"Hara sunbea nim…” HyunA said coolly, even though a flash of anger sparked inside her in protest.

“I would suggest that you just keep an eye on Jun hyung sunbea nim. If you care too much about Seungri, I’m afraid that there will be rumours of you having an affair with…”

Before HyunA could complete her sentence, she felt a slap across her face.  Feeling taken aback by the sudden and rather painful blow, Hyuna’s free hand came up at once and clutched her cheek, grimacing at the sharp pain.

"Hara!" Jun hyung bellowed with surprising volume while his hand grabbed at Hara's raised hand. "Please stop this. It’s embarrassing.”

For a minute, HyunA was sorely tempted to return the slap. But she resisted. With a desperate attempt to control herself from slapping Hara, HyunA gently brought a hand to Hara’s face and ran her fingers through her hair.

HyunA then tucked a strand behind her ear and smoothed it into place as she began quietly, "Hara sunbea nim, with this age and you being married, I believe that you knew perfectly well that you are at the losing end of this industry.”

Hara's black eyes flashed and HyunA knew she had her.

 HyunA couldn't deny the pride that surged inside her as Hara fell silent.

Then with nothing more but a slight smile, HyunA turned a light degree, enough to watch Hara and Jun hyung from the corner of her eyes.

“Hara sunbea nim, isn’t it time for you to consider retirement right now?” HyunA said silkily, before she walked away, leaving Hara fuming in anger.

As HyunA walked ferociously, HyunA shivered, wondering if she had made a mistake by making Hara angry.

She shook her head to herself. She hadn't.

If it wasn’t for her relationship with Seungri and Jun hyung, she could have done much more.

***

Seungri raised his hand and rubbed the side of his head gently, trying to unwind himself as he read from one of the many articles that lay in front of him. He had just returned to YG Entertainment and here he was, having a sudden emergency meeting after news of CUBE Entertainment being named as the big four and CUBE Entertainment overtaking YG Entertainment in the stock market have been released.

Seungri sighed wearily under his breath and rubbed his eyes. Despite his tiredness, his eyes were alert as ever and he glanced up to observe his surroundings.

The board of directors that he was not very familiar with, and most were from the many branches of YG Entertainment that exist across the globe stared down from the large circular benches and desks spread out across the room. All were paying close attention to him, although Seungri didn't blame them.

Seungri, ex big bang member and current CEO of Seungri dance academy is currently in the same room as them.

With the addition of him sitting at the position of CEO, it was enough to capture anybody's lasting attention.

Looking around the room, Seungri noticed Sean from Jinusean sitting near the front and Se7en was clearly noticeable with his dark brown hair that stands out amongst the sea of black hairs and bald heads.

Out of the corner of his eye, Seungri noticed the Chinese and Japanese directors speaking to each other quietly.

However, Seungri’s curiosity peaked as another director, a blonde-haired man with sharp eyes and aristocratic features, casually moved over to speak with them. Seungri continued to busy himself with the many articles that lay in front of him as the three directors began to argue over something.

Due to the distance, Seungri could not hear their conversation clearly, but Seungri could guess that the conversation was about him as a CEO in YG Entertainment.

However, Seungri was brought out of his thoughts when President YG arrived and the room hushed to silence, waiting for the meeting to begin.

President YG took his position beside Seungri and gazed at the people in front of him before he cleared his throat.

"Ladies, Gentlemen. Many thanks for being able to attend this meeting at such short notice. I am aware many of you had to cancel or rearrange your plans so I will not take much more of your time." President YG started.

President YG looked at the faces sitting before him, his gaze stopping on Sean, Se7en and Seungri.

“Let’s start the meeting, shall we?”