Chapter 15:

Big Bang II: The big four

The 1st story arc is dedicated to a great friend of mines who had gone to be with The Lord.

My dear friend, I know you love TVXQ and I hope that you enjoyed reading this somewhere up there…


Chapter 15:

 

The day had just passed from morning to late afternoon, and Seungri sat on a bench with a pond in front of him which was a few distance away from Café Latte.

It had been three days since he had come back to YG Entertainment from Japan. Only slightly less than six months since he received a will from Hyun Seng’s father, stating that Hyun Seng was murdered. A tiny handful of days since he had heard news of Tae Yang being back to YG Entertainment.

Since Hyun Seng's death, Seungri would dream about the scene where he and Hyun Seng fell down the roof of that old YG building. After so many years, Seungri would never have thought it possible to remember that scene so vividly, but he couldn't get Hyun Seng out of his mind.

In addition, the appearance of Tae Yang and the moment where his eyes locked with Tae Yang’s when he called Tae Yang an ex-convict, just made it worst. Much, much worse.

And then, to top it all off, there’s the task that he needs to think about.

It made Seungri want to scream. Tae Yang, Hyun Seng’s death and the task. These are enough to drive him crazy. Out of frustration, Seungri threw his head back, hanging out of the bench, looking at the world upside down.

Noticing an empty coffee cup from Café Latte on the grass patch, Seungri sighed, guilt crossing his features. He had not informed Eun Hyuk that he had come back to Korea. Thinking that he should take a trip down to Café Latte, Seungri leapt to his feet and made his way towards Café Latte.

***

Despite fifteen years have passed, Café Latte had never changed its concept by having decorations and utensils related to the entertainment world. The decorations in Café Latte never failed to take his breathe away and the coffee house as usual, has a mysterious and a celebrity feel atmosphere.

Seungri looked at the coffee house in detail. He looked around and found that there were quite a number of youngsters around, having drinks and chatting animatedly with the each other. While the older ones restrained themselves from getting too close to Seungri by looking at him excitedly.

Reminding himself inwardly to don a quick disguise to conceal his identity next time, Seungri continued to look around until he noticed some articles on the notice board.

There was a happy squirming in his stomach, as Seungri took a step forward, looking at the articles curiously, expecting to see the announcement of some kind of award or interesting articles in the entertainment world.

Instead his heart fell down into his viscera as he read the dark lettering of the articles:

“JYJ States “CJeS Is Nothing More Than An Agency” ”

“SM Puts More Pressure on Former TVXQ members”

“SM Entertainment files injunction against sale of JYJ’s “The Beginning” album”

Looking at these articles, Seungri couldn’t help but be reminded of the harsh realities of the entertainment world. Sometimes he wished he could remain in Japan, living in blissful ignorance of the dark storm rising.

But, on the other hand, why are there so many TVXQ related articles on the noticeboard?

The entertainment world isn’t just full of such news, isn’t it?

“V.I?”

Seungri heard someone say, and he jerked out of his own thoughts as he turned around and saw a man around Eun Hyuk’s age walking towards him. He had not seen the man in fifteen years, but he recognized him immediately. It was Lee Teuk, the person who helped him get back to Korea.

“It has been such a long time since I have seen you. How are you?” Lee Teuk asked in concern.

Seungri didn't answer right away. Instead, Seungri looked around, trying to spot Eun Hyuk.

“Lee Teuk san, where’s Eun Hyuk hyung?” Seungri asked curiously.

Lee Teuk ‘s reply was an almost imperceptible shake of the head.

“Did something happen to Eun Hyuk Hyung?” Seungri asked Lee Teuk, seeming genuinely concerned. “If there’s anything I could help…”

“No, nothing happened to him.” Lee Teuk cut in before he sighed softly and sat on the nearby chair.

“Ever since TVXQ got caught up with some contract issues with SM Entertainment, Eun Hyuk had been so worried that he hardly eats and sleeps.”

Seungri was looking confused.

However, the question on Seungri's lips about the relationship between TVXQ and Eun Hyuk was cut off when Lee Teuk continued to speak.

“That guy in the middle,” Lee Teuk said, pointing at one of the pictures on the notice board with his index finger. “His name is Kim Junsu and both, Eun Hyuk and Jun Su, have been best friends since elementary school.”

“Ever since Eun Hyuk heard about the news that all broadcasting companies, label companies and online music distribution companies have stopped promoting JYJ, Eun Hyuk totally went crazy trying to help his best friend.” Lee Teuk said, his lips tightening into a pained expression.

Seungri’s brows tangled and intertwined as he pondered hard at the newly discovered information.

“That explains why the entire notice board is full of TVXQ related articles.”

Lee Teuk nodded his agreement.

 “But, no matter how hard Eun Hyuk tried to help, this is something way beyond what I and Eun Hyuk could do in a situation like this.” Lee Teuk said, something like bitterness lacing his words.

As Lee Teuk continued talking, Seungri was barely listening, never taking his eyes away from the notice board.

Somewhere in the back of his mind, Seungri knew he ought to do something to repay his gratitude. If it wasn’t for Lee Teuk and Eun Hyuk, he doubt he would return to YG Entertainment fifteen years ago.

As Seungri looked at the notice board full of TVXQ related articles, the task suddenly flashed back to him, along with newly discovered information. The controversy of TVXQ and SM Entertainment had seemed like the perfect stepping-stone to start his task and help Eun Hyuk at the same time.

As the minutes ticked by, an idea slowly started to formulate in his head. There was a particular step that troubled Seungri as he knew that there’s a risk in what he’s going to do when it’s a well-known fact that SM Entertainment is known for acting like a bully when their artists leave the company.

However, it’s worth the risk not because of Eun Hyuk, but for a better world in the entertainment industry.