Chapter 25:

Big Bang II: The big four

 

Chapter 25:

 

The sun was bright, and high in the sky as Tae Yang and Seungri stood by the foot of the stone steps at the waiting bay, their suitcases resting on the ground beside them.

Tae Yang breathes in the cold air, little puffs forming before his mouth as he marvelled by the sight of friends and families rushing out to embrace each other. Even though the scene warms his heart slightly, Tae Yang could feel a strange ache in his chest about the current situation between him and Seungri and how much their popularity has changed over the years.

Tae Yang could remember his first time in America with the rest of the big bang members as if it were yesterday. The airport will be filled with screams and shouts of fans and the walkway had been so crowded that they had been nearly impossible to navigate through.

But now, everything had changed.

 No one seems to care of their existence except for a few Koreans who restrained themselves from getting too close to Seungri and Tae Yang by looking at them excitedly.

Tae Yang took a side glance to see Seungri began tapping his foot as he sees Seungri’s eyes lingering on every passing car, waiting to see which one was CL’s.

In spite of the current situation between him and Seungri, Tae Yang had to admit that everything else was ideal. Seungri did not object G Dragon’s suggestion of him following Seungri to America. Seungri did not treat him as if he was an ex-convict even though Seungri remained silent throughout the journey.

Everything appeared peaceful, and the thought comforted Tae Yang.

At the thought of trying to improve the situation between him and Seungri, Tae Yang was fumbling for something to say, anything but the weather.

However, before Tae Yang could speak, a black car came into view.

"Tae Yang, Seungri!" CL said, greeting both of them once CL rolled down the window of the car.

Tae yang may have felt more than a glimmer of disappointment by CL’s timing, but Tae Yang didn't show it. Tae Yang merely gave CL a smile before Seungri and Tae Yang placed their luggage at the boot of the car.

Slowly, Tae Yang slid inside the car where Seungri already was, staring straight ahead. Tae Yang decided to do the same and didn't speak another word. Seungri would say something when he was ready. Although, Tae Yang had a feeling when Seungri would speak, it would not be anything good. Nonetheless, he would take it.

While Tae Yang and Seungri were being driven to their destination, everyone remained completely quiet before CL broke it.

"Seungri, what's with you?" CL said finally, still keeping her eyes on the road. “Shouldn’t a CEO say something to an YG employee like me?”

Seungri seemed to snap out of a stupor at CL's words.

Arching a brow, Seungri answered smoothly, "What do you want to hear? A boring speech of how much you have contributed to YG Entertainment?"

Hearing that, CL shook her head as she answered, “I have seriously no idea why President YG made you a CEO. You totally do not behave like one.”

A snicker came out of Seungri when CL said this.

 "I'm… one of a kind?" Seungri said with a grin.

All CL did was give Seungri a death glare back at Seungri at the rear view mirror until she noticed a white car with tinted windows following her for quite some time.

CL kept driving her car at a constant speed as she continued to check the rear view mirror regularly.

As CL drove higher up the road, the white car seemed to be gaining on them.

The alarm bells exploded in CL's head, drowning her thought processes in a rush of adrenaline once she knew that it wasn't a random vehicle.

"Seungri, Tae Yang, I think we have trouble behind us," CL said when she realized the vehicle was closing distance on them.

Seungri and Tae Yang turned and looked back. At the same time, the white car quickly accelerated its speed. The grill of the white car was so close that Tae Yang and Seungri prepared themselves for the impact.

BAM!

There was a crush of metals. Tae Yang, Seungri and CL lurched forward as the vehicle hit them from behind. CL steered carefully as her car hugged a curve in the highway.

“What the hell's happening?!” Tae Yang and Seungri asked anxiously, gazing in horror at the white car behind them.

“Sasaeng fans,” CL replied as she felt adrenaline kicked in.

CL floored the pedal, but the driver of the white car was also gunning its engine. CL watched as the needle of her speedometer moved further and further to the right. The engines from the two cars were getting louder and louder.

BAM!

Tae Yang, Seungri and CL jerked forward again.

CL’s car veered a little off path. It took the car a little longer to recover. She shifted the transmission as the road became steeper. The adrenaline rush had turned to fear.

CL took the next curve a little too fast. Her tires screeched. They could hear the vehicle behind them also careening the curve. The engine noise was deafening.

"What are sasaeng fans?" Seungri panicked as he held onto his seat for dear life.

“Sasaeng fans as extreme fans that stalk their idols and invade their privacy with questionable methods.” CL responded as she turned her steering wheel a short left followed by an immediate quick right.

CL’s explanation on sasaeng fans caught Tae Yang's attention.

No one seems to care of their existence at the airport back there. How on earth would they have sasaeng fans?

“CL, are you sure that they are sasaeng fans?” Tae Yang started, but his words were deafened by the accelerating roar of the two engines.

CL broke out in a sweat. She cornered another curve and checked the rear view mirror. The white car followed closely behind, ready to pound them again.

BAAM!

CL heard the metals clashing again. The white vehicle rammed them from behind. Tae Yang, Seungri and CL were once more flung forward, held back only by the buckled seat belts. Her car again veered off course.

CL feared she might lose control of the car if the white car rammed them again. And now they were at the narrower side of the highway. The car could easily fly off the road.

“Tae Yang, aim for the tyres.” CL explained, taking her gun out from her pocket as she kept her eyes in front.

“We need to get rid of them.” CL gripped the steering wheel in her sweating fingers, feeling the wind pulse through her skin, “Or else we would be in danger.”

Tae Yang’s eyes had latched onto a black object in CL’s hand, and just like that, all his senses were immediately lost.  He could not move, nor speak, nor think. All he could hear was the blood pounding in his ears as the memory of the time in the old YG building seemed to come back to him. 

Tae Yang tightly formed a fist with his hand, applying so much pressure that his own nails were nearly digging in his palm as he kept his eyes onto the gun, unable to turn his head to witness the alarm looking face of the person sitting beside him. 

Now Tae Yang was left with two choices.

Either he takes the gun and follows CL’s instructions to survive and lose the chance to reconcile with Seungri, or he declines taking the gun and risks the danger ahead.

Two choices.

 Losing or losing.


P/S: Roan_89 is going to Kuala Lumpur and Penang next week. Anyone have any yummy food to intro? =D