Chapter 16:

Big Bang II: The big four

Chapter 16:

For the next few days, everything seems normal on the surface. Dae Sung continuing his role as an MC on his variety show and giving vocal trainings to the trainees. TOP trying to adjust his time by teaching his son and coping with his acting career and Tae Yang, trying to regain his dance and singing skills after leaving the entertainment world for fifteen years.

As for Seungri, he had spent much of the next few days writing out a neat final copy of a business proposal and researching with the many articles on the table about the controversy of TVXQ and SM Entertainment in detail along with the influential people in SM Entertainment.

On the other hand, in one of the many rooms in YG Entertainment, G Dragon’s pen whipped furiously across his music notebook as the thin stream of ink followed, overflowing the page with hopelessly muddled notes. With a small frown of concentration, G Dragon narrowed his eyes, pausing for a split second. His brow then smoothed while his pen burst into action, even more rapidly than before.

It may have been only a few days after his quarrel with Seungri, but there was no rest for G Dragon. In today’s K-Pop world, as more and more idols started to display their ability to write songs, there was no time for G Dragon to deal with other matters when he was trying to remain his standing in the music industry as a top singer-songwriter.

At the sudden thought of the K-Pop world, G Dragon felt the increasingly familiar sensation of disappointment but bit back a wave of annoyance at the same time. G Dragon occasionally wondered what President YG was even thinking, making Seungri choose between big bang’s come back and managing the future of YG Entertainment when big bang’s come back was obviously the better choice.

For a moment, what TOP had said suddenly flashed back to him, making G Dragon reflected bitterly as he quickly brushed away memories of the times he and the rest of the big bang members were happily performing on the stage together.

G Dragon shook his head furiously at the thought, sending strands of hair flying in front of his eyes before he tried to stay focused on his music notebook.

Ever since the five of them were back to YG Entertainment, he was more adamant than ever about turning his hope of big bang’s comeback into a reality.

It was Seungri who had given him this hope after all until he knew about Seungri’s task.

The task simply just complicated everything, crashing his hope of big bang’s comeback all together.

Even though he was utterly disappointed that Seungri did not choose big bang’s comeback as his task, G Dragon couldn’t help but agree that TOP did have a point.

What does big bang means to him?

Does big bang have to have a comeback to be known as big bang?”

As G Dragon became aware of the familiar sound of footsteps nearing him, he faltered again, his fingers that clutched the pen automatically tightening. He didn't look up as the footsteps halted in front of him, but even then, he couldn't keep his eyes from drifting up, the black strands of his hair masking his face. He hastily pushed them back, at last meeting the eyes of his best friend.

"You've been busy lately," Tae Yang remarked casually before he sat on the sofa next to G Dragon, glancing down at G Dragon’s note book as he glanced at the words:


I’m just wild and young
I’m just wild and young
Do it just for fun

(Hello) My name is me and choice
(Hello) Yes sir, I’m one of a kind
I’m a bear that can do a lot of tricks — no, more like a fox
(Hello, hello, hello) Yes sir, I’m one of a kind
I’m an annoying snob
Cause I’m quite expensive
(Get out)


A shadow crossed his face, as if knowing what his best friend was planning when he saw the word, bear and fox in the lyrics.

“G Dragon,” Tae Yang stalled, trying to think of how to speak to his best friend without harming him with his words, and decided instead to blurt out the first thought that came to his mind.

“You are planning something by creating your own solo album since big bang is not going to have a comeback aren’t you?” Tae Yang ventured.

G Dragon nodded.

“Since big bang is not going to have a comeback, I feel that I have to do something to bring you back into this industry before people starts to forget about your existence.” G Dragon said solemnly.

 “Tae Yang, you have been away from the entertainment world for fifteen years. You seriously need to treasure ever single opportunity to get into the lime light.”

Silence descended in the room as Tae Yang looked sombrely at G Dragon’s notebook as though he was battling with himself and, indeed, he was.

Tae Yang understood quite well how lucky he was to be able to come back to YG Entertainment and Tae Yang couldn't argue with what G Dragon had said.

He had witnessed people who have worked as hard as him but they do not have the chances to shine on the stage and he also knew people who were able to shine on the stage for a short time but they disappeared very shortly like how the water vapours are evaporated when the sun comes out.

To top it all off, it had always been his dream to be a singer. He had always wanted to dance and sing even till the day he dies.

But, is this the right time?

“I think it’s better if I start by just being a cameo in one of your music videos.” Tae Yang said quietly, watching his best friend from where he sat curled on one of the sofas.

 “I feel that it is better to take baby steps, like a rookie.”

G Dragon looked as if he quite wanted to argue with what Tae Yang suggested. He glanced sidelong at Tae Yang and he gave him an imploring look.

Thinking about his rookie days, G Dragon absentmindedly traced his finger over his freshly written lyrics before he sighed softly, a gentle smile touching his lips. Probably taking baby steps like a rookie could remind not only Tae Yang, but every single big bang member what music and big bang means to them.

 “I guess, you are right, let’s take baby steps like a rookie.”

Tae Yang nodded as he looked at his best friend closely. Somehow it was comforting that his best friend thought about his welfare until Tae Yang remembered about G Dragon’s and Seungri’s quarrel.

“G Dragon, how are things between you and Seungri?”  Tae Yang asked while he observed G Dragon’s expression.

G Dragon was holding himself rather stiffly at the mention of Seungri, and keeping his eyes firmly on his notebook. From the way G Dragon was reacting, Tae Yang could tell that both of them have not come to terms with each other.

It was that thought that made Tae Yang feel that both G Dragon and Seungri should talk it out with each other. Both of them cared about YG Entertainment. It just that both of them have different views on the situation and Tae Yang had to do whatever was necessary to get them come to terms with each other.

“Come on,” Tae Yang said firmly, smoothing the rumpled front of his shirt and squaring his shoulders. “Both of you need to talk it out.”

G Dragon’s eyes grew wide at Tae Yang’s suggestion.

“No, I need to finish writing…” G Dragon stammered.

“G Dragon…” Tae Yang began. He knew that he ought to try to convince G Dragon to talk it out with Seungri, but the words are stuck in his throat.

G Dragon would not understand.

No, G Dragon could not understand.

Unlike him, Tae Yang would give just about anything to turn back time, even for a moment to make things right.

Unlike him, G Dragon had all the chance to reconcile with Seungri. And here he's throwing away a chance just because of music.

“Oh, give it a rest,” Tae Yang said firmly before he dragged G Dragon out of the room with him.

G Dragon had forgiven him so much because of the mistakes he made that landed the separation of big bang.

 The very least that Tae Yang could do in repayment was to stay by his side and be his trusted best friend and fulfil G Dragon’s wish of big bang’s comeback if that day would ever come.