Chapter 2:

Big Bang II: The big four

Chapter 2:

 

A lone figure was walking through the corridors, lit up by the dim light coming from the fluorescent lamp of the hospital. His black coat was waving behind his back, even though there was no wind. A small bottle of an unknown substance was safely resting on the back of his pants.

Doo Joon halted, about to give up. Before he could, an image of President Hong’s cold eyes floated in front of him.

“Doo Joon, either Hyun Seng dies under your hand or it will be the end of beast.”

“That’s final.”

Doo Joon resumed walking, footsteps were heard along the corridors.

If he, Doo Joon, did not manage to follow President Hong’s instructions, he knew that President Hong would just instruct someone else to do the job.

It was all so hard for him. He wanted to save Hyun Seng. But the future of the rest of the members is at stake. As the leader, he has to think about the rest of the members. He had no choice but to sacrifice Hyun Seng.

Doo Joon felt pity and sympathy leak into his bitter heart for Hyun Seng having to bear the unsightly, disgusting side of the entertainment world while the rest of the members basked in the warm glow of fame and wealth innocently. Like a sacrificial lamb, Hyun Seng’s ill-fated life would end today.

As Doo Joon neared the door, he could feel his heart thump so hard it ached. With a hesitant finger, Doo Joon touched the rough surface of the door before he held onto the door handle and opened the door.

Once Doo Joon reached Hyun Seng’s bed, he stood quietly, looking down on the figure lying motionlessly on the bed.

Doo Joon looked at Hyun Seng’s face, feeling the lump grow at the back of his throat as he watched Hyun Seng began to stir, eyes opening, but remaining vacant, his features expressionless.

 Doo Joon remembered that look. It was the one Hyun Seng wore during Seungri and Hyun Seng controversy. Hyun Seng looked like a perfect china doll, beautifully crafted, exquisite and unblemished, easily led around, hollow. Mind frayed.

"Doo Joon…" rasped Hyun Seng, before noting that the syllable uttered from his lips sounded nothing like his voice. It was dry, raspy, faint and a bit deeper than his usual voice.

"Doo Joon," Hyun Seng tried again. "What are you doing here? I believe that visiting hours are over…"

Doo Joon looked at Hyun Seng, his eyes roamed over him, before he straightened up, coming to a decision.

"Hyun Seng…" Doo Joon trailed off. He could hear his heart pumping. “You have to leave."

"Leave, get out of Korea if you could." Doo Joon said once more, "Go, before they realised that something is amiss." Doo Joon urged.

Hyun Seng didn't say anything but just stare at Doo Joon.

Hyun Seng closed his eyes, a crazed smile covering his face. His black eyes glinted with flames when they reappeared.

“I knew it.” Hyun Seng chuckled. “I knew that it is only a matter of time that the company would do something about it.”

“Doo Joon, tell me,” Hyun Seng said ever so calmly with a hint of amusement sounding in his voice.” What are your instructions from the company?”

Doo Joon breathed deeply before answering.

"President Hong…he… instructed me to kill you…" Doo Joon answered looking at Hyun Seng as if he were mad.

Hyun Seng laughed at Doo Joon’s reply before he sat up painfully and dropped his head into his hands.

"Unforgivable. Unforgivable. Unforgivable." Hyun Seng muttered over and over again.

Hyun Seng wanted revenge. The knowledge of President Hong wanted him dead was enough to set him off.

"Doo Joon," Hyun Seng called out.

And then Hyun Seng breathed a request that turned Doo Joon's blood cold. "Kill me…"

"What..?" Doo Joon stared down at Hyun Seng as the hairs at the back of his neck prickled in warning.

Hyun Seng watched Doo Joon’s reaction and seemed amused by it. "Go ahead, I won't stop you."

Doo Joon said nothing. Knowing Hyun Seng, he wasn't entirely sure what he could say to change his mind.

"Why?" Doo Joon asked quietly as he reached out, almost tentatively, wrapping his long fingers over Hyun Seng's shoulder.

Doo Joon couldn't say what had made him make the gesture, but even he found he couldn't just remain emotionless and unfeeling as Hyun Seng gave him a request that he, himself could only barely understand.

Hyun Seng looked at Doo Joon, his black eyes locking with his.

"I'm requesting a favour from you," Hyun Seng said calmly. “But, you have to gain President Hong’s trust by killing me first.”

Something in Hyun Seng’s tone made Doo Joon's worried black eyes met his band mate’s.

“President Hong and this company took everything away from me, my childhood, my dreams, my future, my life! I'm going to take everything away from him. He took away what was important to me. Now, I'm going to take away the most important thing to him!"

"What's that" Doo Joon asked quietly, as he saw the black orbs burning with revenge.

Hyun Seng smiled. The smile was calm, but cruel and mocking.

"CUBE Entertainment."