First Day

The Secret Profession (ON HIATUS)

"Yah. Heard you got a new maid! How is she? Pretty? Caring? Or y?" Dongwoo leaned towards L with a curious look. Hearing L got a new maid, Infnite surrounded the latter and bombarded him with questions.

"GIMME TIME TO ANSWER EACH QUESTIONS PLEASE!" L held his hand out. Infinite's mouths closed up immediately.

L took a deep breath in and answered his buddies' questions,"  Her name is Song Jooyeon. She's above average-looking. Cute but not y, you dirty-minded person," L shot a look to Dongwoo.

"Huh? That's it?" Woohyun asked. "Yep. I only knew her for a few days. You guys don't expect me to know everything about her right?" L looked at Infinite in disbelief.

"Actually, we do!" Sungyeol grinned as the rest of the Infinite members nodded in agreement. L mentally facepalmed himself and headed towards his classroom.

Rrrring~  

The dismissal bell rang as students piled out of the classroom, eager to get of the 'dungeon'. As the two best friends strolled down the hall, Jooyeon softly tapped Seomi's shoulder, causing the latter to spun around and looked at her.

"Seomi ah. I couldn't walk home with you today. I'm so so sorry! The reason is because that now I work at L ssi's house as a maid and the-" Jooyeon began apologising as Seomi haltered her.

"It's okay! No need to explain it to me! Go now if not you will be late for your job! Remember to call or text me at night to tell me about your first day! Fighting Song Jooyeon!" Seomi smiled as she gently pushed Jooyeon towards her locker.

"Thank you for being so understanding! Then, I will go now! Byeee~!" Jooyeon slamed her locker's door shut and rushed down towards the gates.

Seomi waved happily as Jooyeon's figure gradually became smaller in size and soon, disappeared from Seomi's sight.

------

Donned in a maid's outfit, Jooyeon began dusting the Kim's Mansion until it was clean and dust-free. Even though her real intention to be a maid in Kim's Mansion was to investigate a case, she still does her work as a maid diligently.

After mopping the floor, Jooyeon moved on to the racks on the wall. The racks were filled with many precious and meaningful stuffs that belongs to the Kim's family.

Jooyeon stared at the countless of stuffs she had to wipe and let out a sigh but her determination soon kicked in as she began wiping the priceless antiques on the first rack.

As Jooyeon moved on to the last rack, her back was aching and her hands were tired and sore. However, she continued wiping and producing a clean products.

She stared at the last photo frame in joy and took it down from the rack. Jooyeon began scanning through the photo curiously. The photo showed a man, a lady , two young children, a girl and a boy. All of them had big smiles on their  faces and the background looked so peaceful and calm.

Jooyeon was able to recognise all of them except for that young girl. *Who is she...?* All possibilities flowed into her mind at the speed of lightning.

"Jooyeon ssi. Are you alright with this job?" L hollered from the kitchen, causing Jooyeon to jumped in fright.

Ppianng!

The photo frame dropped on to the floor and pieces of glass flew in different directions. The shrilling sound caused L to rush to the scene. Fear and worry were clearly seen on his face. "Are you okay, Jooyeon ssi?!"

"Yea... I'm fine. Sorry about the photo frame though." Jooyeon rubbed her neck awkwardly while staring at the photo and pieces of glass lying all over the floor. "Please deduct the cost of it from my pay, L ssi."

"Ahh.. That thing..." L glanced at the photo frame then the photo. Sadness could be seen in a tiny weeny amount on his face but his expression soon returned to normal.

"The photo is useless to me anyway. It's just a matter of time before i destroy it. It's okay! What matters that you are safe, Jooyeon ssi!" L beamed as he called the other servants to clean up the mess. Even though the smile on L's face was bright, his voice sounded heavy-hearted.

Jooyeon creased her eyebrows in worry. " Are you sure it's okay, L ssi. I could buy a new frame to repay you."

"It's okay, Jooyeon ssi. Don't worry." L assured. "Please go and do the other chores."

Jooyeon nodded and went to the kitchen.

------

Late at night, when everyone was sleeping, Jooyeon laid in her bed, thinking about the whole situation during this afternoon.

"L ssi seemed rather concerned about that photo frame and that photo but why didn't he yelled or scolded me about it?"  Jooyeon mumbled to herself as she fiddled with her fingers.

Gamhi baral sudo eobseo, I missing you~ Ireoke mireonae~

A sweet tune broke her trains of thoughts. Jooyeon picked up her phone and answered the call, "Hello?"

"Jooyeon. I'm Mrs Kwon. How's your mission going?" Mrs Kwon spoke from the other line.

*Crap.* Jooyeon cursed in her mind. She was working so hard as a maid that she had forgotten about her mission.

She replied," Sorry, Mrs Kwon. Nothing was done." Jooyeon could just imagine Mrs Kwon pressing her lips into a firm line.

"Okay. Try to work on the case, fast. The Police needs the evidences to crack the case. Good night." With that, Mrs Kwon hung up the phone.

Jooyeon slowly placed her phone back to its original place. She then looked at the hallway through the gap. A idea struck to her and she stuffed her feet in her fluffy slippers.

-------

*Aish! I give up! I'm not gonna fall asleep just by lying down here. Shall go get some warm milk.*Chunji jumped out from his bed and headed towards the kitchen.

As he walked down the hallway, he saw a petite figure crouching at the door of Mr Kim's office room. She pouted cutely as she fiddled with the six locks.

Since it was night time, Chunji couldn't make out who that person is.  *Could the person be a thief or assassin or maybe a PEDO-BEAR?!* Chunji shrieked loudly in his mind as he grabbed the golf club beside him.

He slowly strolled towards the 'unknown organism' and raised the golf club.

"AHHHHH!" "OUCHHH!"

------

After fifteen minutes, Jooyeon and Chunji were sitting at the bar counter with different feelings. Jooyeon had a big plaster on her forehead and a frown while Chunji was staring at her apologetically.

"I'm so sor-" "It's okay! And you've said that for the hundredth time, Chunji ssi. I'm fine, don't worry." Jooyeon prevented Chunji from continuing and gave him an assured smile.

"Oh.. Okay. But may I know why Jooyeon ssi was doing outside Master's door at such a late timing, as if you were trying to break into it?" Chunji raised a brow.

"Uhm... Well.. I was just curious about the locks! Yeah! The locks! Hehe." Jooyeon fibbed quickly, hoping Chunji wouldn't raised any suspicion.

"Oh... Okay..." Chunji replied awkwardly, wondering why Jooyeon would be curious about... locks. 

Once again, awkwardness entered the atmosphere between them.

"Oh yea. Why didn't the Kim family woke up when we shrieked so loudly just now?" Jooyeon changed the topic and broke the awkward atmosphere.

"Well..They have the habit of listening to music while they sleep so they can't hear us just now." Chunji answered as he took a sip of the warm milk.

"It's getting late, Jooyeon ssi. I'm going to bed now and you should too. Goodnight!" Chunji flashed one of his charming smiles and went back to his room.

Jooyeon quickly shuffled back to her room and closed the door. She sunk into her bed and stared at the 'sky' ceiling. *Working as a maid in Kim's Mansion could be so complicating and this is just my first day.* Jooyeon thought of the future and slowly, she fell into a deep sleep.


Long chapter~! :D