One Year Older = Childishness Increases?

The Secret Profession (ON HIATUS)

It was 13th March.

Kim's Mansion were filled with colourful streamers and balloons were floating everywhere. On the dining table, dishes of delicacies were surrounding a simple three-layered cake with candles on it.

It was chaotic in the kitchen with the chefs rushing around to make sure that the dishes were perfect and delicious. One could see maids moving at their top speed, making sure that the decorations won't fall off and were in place.

Even Mr Kim was in the living room chatting with his wife.

It must be a big event then.

Yep, it was Kim Myungsoo, the young master's birthday. He was going to be 20 this year.

"Jooyeon ah! Please call Myungsoo to check where he is now after you're done with the streamers. Thank you!" Mrs kim ordered.

"Yes, Mrs Kim." Jooyeon answered as she struggled with the last streamers. The streamers was going to be placed at the tallest pillar and due to her short height, she can't reach it.

"Let me help you." Chunji offered and grabbed the streamers from you. With his height, the streamers were easily stucked onto the pillar.

"Thank you!" Jooyeon bowed gratefully and rushed over to the phone.

...

"Mrs Kim! Myungsoo ssi said that he was going to back in one minute time!" Jooyeon informed as she put down the receiver.

"Okay people! Finish up everything now and find a hiding place! Chanhee ah! Take the cake with you. When Myungsoo entered the house, surprise him with the cake. Hwaiting everybody!" Mrs Kim clapped her hands before ducking into a corner.

Soon, everyone was in their hiding spots and the candles on the cake were lighted up.

Click! The door open, revealing the birthday guy.

"Why is it so dark? Did the power cut off or something?" L scratched his head in wonder.

"SURPRISE!!" Chunji jumped out with the cake and soon, the lights were . Everybody were smiling happily at L and began singing the 'Happy Birthday' song.

After the song, everybody cheered and began throwing the streamers on L's head.

"Woah. Thank you everybody. Didn't expect this. I'm really thankful." L bowed in 90 degrees. Tears welled up in his eyes.

"Don't cry, buddy! You're already 20!" Chunji gave him a pat on his back.

"Look who's here, Myungsoo ah." Mrs Kim grinned as she pushed Mr Kim to face L.

When L saw him, his face fell. "Abeoji." Mr Kim grunted in response, acknowledging his greeting.

"I need to go now, honey. Bye." Mr Kim gave a small peck on Mrs Kim's cheek and left the mansion. An quiet and awkward atmosphere followed behind.

L clenched his fists as he tried to hold back his tears. *He's always walking out of my life...*

Suddenly, the door flung open.

"SURPRISE!!" Dongwoo cheered as Infinite members entered the mansion, each of them were holding a present.

"Did we entered at the wrong time?" Dongwoo asked as he rubbed his neck awkwardly and looked at the rest of the members.

"Nope. You didn't. LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED, PEOPLE! WOOO~!" L began cheering around like a hyperactive kid and soon, everybody followed him.

The party went on for hours and hours. Soon, it was time to say goodbye to everyone. The guests went home and the employees retreated to their rooms. Mrs Kim was sleeping soundly too.

Except...

"HYUNG! Where's my present?" L pouted cutely at Chunji, causing the latter to slap his face away.

"Dude! You're already twenty years old! Act at your age. But, here's your present." Chunji smiled as he hand a purple box to L.

L thanked Chunji and open the box. Seeing the present, L held the present up," Seriously? You just have to give me this out of so many presents?"

"What! It looks like you when you have a derp face!" Chunji retorted. "Am I right, Jooyeon?"

"Yeah. It kinda look like you, oppa!" Jooyeon replied between giggles.

"WHADDUH? YOU CALL MYUNGSOO 'OPPA'? HOW ABOUT ME THEN?" Chunji pouted at Jooyeon.

"Tsk tsk. Who just said that I should act at my age? Hmm.. I wonder who.." L remarked in a sarcastic tone.

---

15 minutes Later...

"Chunji oppa and L oppa. Are you guys happy now?" Jooyeon crossed her arms.

"Why is my name behind hyung's? That's unfair!" L protested.

"Well, it's fair to me." Chunji grinned.

Soon the both of them began arguing with each other, causing Jooyeon to mentally face palmed herself and walked off from the childish buddies, leaving them in the living room.