Confused

The Secret Profession (ON HIATUS)

"We will be experiencing a heavy rain today so pl-" Wonsoo switched off the television and grabbed his phone as it let out a beeping sound.

He creased his brows and walked towards Mrs Kim. Wonsoo whispered softly into Mrs Kim's ears, causing the lady's expressions to change within a split second.

Wonsoo grabbed his coat and left the house with a briefcase in his hand. Mrs Kim grabbed her coat too and headed towards the door. "Bora ah. I'm going out with Wonsoo ssi and won't be back until the next morning. Look after the house for me. Thank you very much." Mrs Kim ordered before slamming the door. Bora, the head of the maids, nodded in response and bowed. "Yes, ma'am."

"Aigoo! Babo Bora had once again resurfaced! She had gone out. What for you bow and respond to her?" Hyorin lightly smacked Bora's head, causing the latter to pout in pain.

Soyou and Dasom, who were nearby, nodded their heads in agreement.

Bora harrumphed. "It is to be polite. Right, Jooyeon?" 

Jooyeon, who was wiping the collection of vases beside them, nodded her head awkwardly. "Y-yeah..." She wasn't paying attention to their conversation since her mind was filled with possibilities of where could the strange duo went.

Suddenly, Soyou spoke up," Where do you think Mrs Kim had went, Jooyeon? Since you are the closest to her compared to the rest of us..."

The three other girls stared at Jooyeon with curiosity running all around their mind. Jooyeon felt pressured under the hard gaze. "Uhm... Somewhere in South Korea?"

"Ayyy~" The four girls chorused together in disappointment. Dasom began thinking and piped up all of the sudden," Could she be going to some secret meeting?"

Hyorin brightened immediately," Yah, maknae! You're a genius! That's possible! Ever since Wonsoo ssi came here, Mrs Kim..." The four girls began gossiping as Jooyeon moved away from the clique.

-----

At last, Jooyeon completed her chores and headed up to her room to read her book. As she read the book, a particular part showed the same scenario of Wonsoo and Mrs Kim. Jooyeon's brain couldn't help but to start thinking about the mysterious outing again.

*Aigoo. This is hard. How I wished I was living inside Wonsoo ssi's mind for an hour.* Jooyeon sprawled over her bed, massaging her temples.

Sometimes, Problems could be something that is always disadvantageous. However, it could be advantageous, depending on how you look at it.

Mrs Song's words rang in Jooyeon mind. "Umma... You're right. I shouldn't give up just because of a little setback!" Jooyeon smiled in triumph and sat right up on her bed. She put on her thinking cap...

 

 

"AH HAH! That's it!"

-----

*Huzzah! The last key is in!* Jooyeon cheered mentally as she twist the doorknob, opening the door of the office. She poked her head inside and began scanning the whole room.

Despite the weird-looking door, the interior of the room looks totally different and to the surprise of Jooyeon, it was rather organised. Books were categorized according to their content whereas sheets of papers were neatly filed and were placed on the shelf.

One could not even think of the possibility that some important evidence were being kept around here.

Jooyeon closed the door behind her and slowly walked towards the files. She began flipping through them slowly. Indeed she had found something which was a suspicious document that was stuffed between the files. *That's very unlikely for Mr Kim to do that...* Jooyeon took the document out from the shelf and began reading it.

As Jooyeon read through the document, sounds of footsteps were growing louder and louder to the office, as if the person was heading for the office.

And Jooyeon knew that those footsteps belonged to who. *Lee Wonsoo* She quickly ducked behind the door, praying that Wonsoo won't see her.

Just  then, someone stopped Wonsoo from entering the office. Jooyeon couldn't make out who was talking to Wonsoo and wondered why would that guy help her.

In the end, Wonsoo grunted in irritation and left the mansion without entering the office, much to Jooyeon's relief.

She dropped the document into her pocket and slowly went out. She twisted her head from left to right, seeing no one in the vicinity.

Jooyeon scratched her head, puzzled. *Who was the one who helped me then? And what's his or her motive by helping me to escape from Lee Wonsoo?*

Confused, she returned to her room and spread the document all over her table, analyzing the whole thing. A particular name and signature caught her attention.

*Kang Haeun? Isn't that Mrs Kim's name?* Jooyeon began checking and yes, it WAS Mrs Kim's name.

Befuddled Jooyeon laid back on her chair, with a big question mark floating above her head. It was no surprise to see Mr Kim's name on the form but why was Mrs Kim's name there too?

Is she into the same thing as Mr Kim and perhaps, Wonsoo too?

Could she be going to some secret meeting?

Dasom's words flew into Jooyeon's mind for a moment.  She immediately took out a piece of paper and began drawing the links with all the evidences in her hands.

*I couldn't rule out the possibility of Mrs Kim involving in the case now. This is going to be the most complicated case I have ever handled...*