New Mission

The Secret Profession (ON HIATUS)

"JOOYEON AH~!" Seomi was running towards Jooyeon at top speed with her phone in her hands. "You're so smart! Cracking a case within a month! How do you even do that!" Seomi stared at you with her eyes bulged out as she pointed to an article on the Internet. 

THE YOUNG FEMALE SPY HAD ONCE AGAIN CRACKED A CASE WITH A HIGH LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY. THE HEAD OF THE GANG, JO SUK HYUN WAS FINALLY ARRSTED AFTER A MONTH, COMITTING THE OFFENCES OF SELLING ILLEGAL DRUGS AND MAKING USE OF HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS.

Jooyeon clamped her hand over Seomi's mouth with an irritated expression. "Could you please lower down your voice! Do you want everybody in this class to hear you?" Jooyeon furiously whispered as her eyes darted around, hoping no one heard Seomi.

"Okay, okay. Geez." Seomi removed Jooyeon's hands from . "But seriously, when are you going to stop being a spy, Jooyeon ah?"

Jooyeon gulped nervously. The question that she had always avoided was once again asked.

"Um... Well..." Jooyeon didn't know how to answer. In fact, she doesn't want to answer that question. The truth is. Jooyeon never wanted to quit being a spy. She didn't tell Seomi about her true feelings because she doesn't want to dissapoint her.

"So? When?" Seomi was tapping her feet impatiently.

"Actually I-" 

RING!  The bell rung, signalling for the first class.

Jooyeon heaved a sigh of relief as Seomi left a note on her table and walked back to her seat.

She slowly open the crumpled paper ball and read its content.

It's just a matter of time you answer that question, Jooyeon. =)

She folded the note into a heart shape and tossed it into her pocket as trains of worry zoomed through her mind.

-------------

The clock struck 1.30pm. Immediately, the hallway of Woolim High was packed with pupils as they gathered in groups and left the school.

Jooyeon was packing up her stuffs when all of a sudden, her phone vibrated. She fished it out from her pocket and scanned through its content.

She slided her phone back into the pocket and walked towards Seomi with an apologetic expression. Noticing her expression, Seomi patted on her shoulders and said," Don't worry, I can go home by myself. Just go and have your meeting."

"Are you sure?" Jooyeon was worried that Seomi would get mad.

"Yes, I am. Now go! You will be late if you don't leave now!" Seomi smiled as she pointed at the clock.

"Okay then. Bye Seomi! See you tomorrow!" Jooyeon waved and sped off towards the gates.

Seomi let out an heavy sigh as she strolled down the hallway, worrying for Jooyeon. *Just when will she understand that she could get killed in her job someday and probably, she will never find her true love...*

-------------

Jooyeon hopped off the bus and looked at the creepy run-down building infront of her.  She grabbed her bag's straps and moved towards the entrance.

"Good afternoon, Mrs Kwon." Jooyeon bowed politely as she greeted a lady. "Good afternoon to you, Jooyeon ah." Mrs Kwon smiled as she gestured Jooyeon to sit down. Mrs Kwon was like a mother to Jooyeon. Ever since her parents left this world, Mrs Kwon had been taking care of her.

Mrs Kwon had started a spy agency, specialising in training spies to assist Police in their investigations. Mrs Kwon had noticed Jooyeon developing interest in being a spy at the age of 5. After knowing the cause of her parents' death, she was determined to be a spy. That's when Mrs Kwon started training Jooyeon to be a spy at the young age of 10. At the age of 15, she became the most sucessful and youngest spy in South Korea. 

However, Jooyeon was still a humble girl. That's why Mrs Kwon trusted her with all the major cases

"Do you need my help for a case, Mrs Kwon?" Jooyeon asked. "Yes, I do. A major one, in fact," Mrs Kwon answered as she pulled out a big envelope from the drawer and handed it to Jooyeon.

"Do you think you could handle it? The Police had been investigating this case for the past few months but they got no leads. That's why they need someone to pretend as a maid in the household to gather more information and evidences." Mrs Kwon looked at Jooyeon who was scanning through the information which the Police had gotten.

"Yes. I can." Jooyeon replied with confidence.

"Alright then. Should you need any help, don't hesitate to call me, Jooyeon ah. I wished you all the best in this case." Mrs Kwon warmly smiled and shook hands with Jooyeon

"I will be leaving now. Goodbye Mrs Kwon." Jooyeon bowed and left the building.

As the bus moved, Jooyeon took out the information and read it through again. A particular name captured her attention

Name: Kim Myungsoo

Nickname(s): L

Reletionship with the suspect: Father and Son

Jooyeon stared at the information with a befuddled look on her face. *Why does this name sounded so familiar...?*