Because of the Injury

The Secret Profession (ON HIATUS)

The next day, as Jooyeon ate her breakfast, she noticed that Wonsoo and Mrs Kim had been communicating with a serious expression on their faces. They had been standing at the bar counter for an hour and were so into the topic that the usually kind Mrs Kim didn't even turned her head when one of a maid broke a cup.

Jooyeon munched on her bread slowly as she stared at the strange duo with her eyebrows creased.* What are they talking about?*

"SONG JOOYEON!!" A voice broke Jooyeon's thoughts and jumped in fright, banging her hands on the table. "Ouch." She cried.

The sound caused by Jooyeon broke the on-going conversation of Wonsoo and Mrs Kim. "Omona!" Mrs Kim shrieked as she rushed to Jooyeon side, examining the bruise on her left hand.

"It's all swollen and red. Let me get the medical box." Mrs Kim walked away.

"I'm so sorry, Jooyeon! If I didn't called out your name and you didn't got frightened, your hand won't be bruised! I'm so so sorry!" L looked at Jooyeon with guilt flashing across his face.

Jooyeon shook her head, smiling, "It was an accident. No one wants it to happen. Don't worry, oppa. I won't blame you."

L smiled at Jooyeon's thoughtfulness. Despite what she said, he still felt guilty about it since it was the hand she uses for writing.

L quickly took out his lunch box and shoved it into Jooyeon bag. However, being a spy, Jooyeon noticed L's unreadable expression and checked her bag. Of course, she saw the lunch box. She tried taking out but to no avail since her left hand was already wrapped up nicely.

L walked up to her, "Either you accept my lunch box or I will do the chores for you until you had recovered." He grinned.

*This guy... Aish.* Jooyeon stuffed the lunch box back into her bag and faced L," Then how about your lunch? You don't like the food that was cooked by the cafeteria lady."

"Don't worry about me! I will eat any food that is given to me. Now let's go! We are going to be late if we don't leave now!" L began stuffing his feet into his shoes and slung his school blazer over his shoulder, planning to wear during the journey to school.

"Arraso, arraso. I will leave now, Mrs Kim." Jooyeon bowed politely before closing the door behind her.

"Jooyeon! Let me sign on your bandage your hand will recover faster!" L beamed as he signed on the bandage. He wrote a short message beside it. He smiled in satisfaction as he covered the tip of the marker.

-----

As Jooyeon reached the school, Seomi immediately approached her and began walking to their classes.

"Song Jooyeon. As the identity of your bestie, I demand to know what happen to this." Seomi demanded as she pointed at Jooyeon's left hand.

Jooyeon bit her lips as she  told the whole story to Seomi.

"OMO! YOU GOT L OPPA'S SIGNNN! You're one lucky person, ya know!" Seomi took Jooyeon's hand and began scanning it as if it was something very special. "Oh! The message!" She exclaimed and quickly let go of Jooyeon's hand.

"Not reading it?" Jooyeon raised her brows. "You're normally interested in this kind of stuffs."

Seomi frowned. "Yah. I know where to draw the line. The message was obviously for you only." She winked.

"You sure you don't wanna know?" Jooyeon's mouth spread into a playful smirk.

 

 1 minute later... 

"PLEASSEE TELL ME~!!" Seomi clasped her hands together and pleaded Jooyeon.

"Okay, okay!" Jooyeon said as Seomi immediately formed a elated grin on her face.

Annyeong Jooyeonie! <- This must have sounded weird since I had never called you that way before (._.ll) Anyways, call me if you need to write in class! I will rushed to your class just to write for you! ^_^

                                                                                                                                                  Myungsoo Oppa <3

By the end of the message, Seomi was jumping around in joy and excitement. "OMO OMO!! He will rush to the class JUST to write for you!"

Jooyeon shook her head while smiling at her bestie's actions.

"Wait. THE OPPA AT THE BACK. You call him oppa already?! WHAT?"

"Notice and cherish the heart, Jooyeon! Thousands of fangirls would DIE to be in your place right now!"

"Do you think that there's any possibility of him liking you?"

The last remark threw by Seomi made Jooyeon to stop in her steps. She spun around and faced her with an 'are-you-kidding' look. 

"What. Don't give me that look. It's probably true!" Seomi strolled past Jooyeon and collasped onto her seat.

Jooyeon quickly settled down in her seat and wanted to ask more questions but was prevented by Mrs Jung, their form teacher.

"Quiet down, class! Flip open your textbook to page 158. Today we are going to talk about Korea's..." Mrs Jung started off her lesson.

*Shall try asking her during the break then...* Jooyeon flipped open her textbook and began to take down the notes with her right hand. The truth was she could write on both hands.

-----

The long-awaited break time had arrived. Hungry students piled out of the classrooms and headed towards the cafeteria.

"EH. Myungsoo! Why are you queuing up with us? Where's your lunch box?" Dongwoo asked as three pairs of curious eyes stared at L. Only Hoya was zoning out.

"The maid woke up late this morning so she don't have the time to prepare the lunch box..." L smoothly lied.

"Eh? Your maid? I thought it was Mrs Kim who prepare the lunch box for you, hyung?" Sungjong pointed out, causing L to fiddle with his tie in anxiety.

"Di-did I said that it was my maid? If so, then I had made a mistake. It was my mom who woke up late. Yeah... My mom. Hahas. Silly me to make such a mistake." L quickly fibbed.

L saw the cafeteria lady filling his tray with all sorts of weird-looking food. He cringed at the sight of it.  "Ack!"

The rest of the Infinite members grabbed their trays and walked away, snickering at L's reaction.

As they walked towards their table, they saw Jooyeon and Seomi eating together at their table. They went over to talk to them and in the end, Infinite ended up sitting with the bestfriends. 

As they talk and consume their food at the same time, eagle-eyed Sungyeol noticed something. He nudged Woohyun and whispered into the latter's ear.

"Mwoh? Jooyeon is eating Myungsoo's lunch box?" Woohyun exclaimed, causing the rest of the Infinite members, excluding L, and Seomi to stare at Jooyeon with their enlarged eyes.

L facepalmed himself while Jooyeon looked onto the ground in embarrassment.

Seomi forced Jooyeon to pour out the real story behind the lunch box. 

So after the story...

"Ohhhh... So that lunch box wasn't from your colleague! It was from L!" Seomi wriggled her eyebrows.

"Ohhhh... So it wasn't your Mrs Kim or your maid woke up late, it was you who gave the lunch box to Jooyeon!" Infinite chorused together.

"OHHHH~" Seomi and Infinite looked at the really really embarrassed L and Jooyeon. Due to the loud sound, everyone in the cafeteria turned around and faced them, speculating what was happening at that table.

"L-O-V-E IS IN THE AIR~" Dongwoo cheekily stated as he made a heart with his fingers with the other Infinite member and Seomi following suit.

Sunggyu, who just came back from the washroom, sat down in confusion when he saw the hearts. He scratched his head," Erm.. Did I missed anything important?"

"It's for me to know, you to find out, hyung!" Woohyun grinned, causing the rest to laugh.