Chapter 9

I'm in love, there's no way around it.

 

                The day of f(x)’s comeback was coincidentally the same day 2pm was performing their recently new comeback single. As the f(x) members walked together in a huddle to the stage for the final comeback stage, Victoria spotted Nichkhun, who was walking and joking with his fellow 2pm members. She was about to look a different direction when Nichkhun swiveled his head towards her. Both made eye contact and his eyes were full of mixed emotions. She was the one who turned around so their eye contact was broken, but she could still see the hurt in his eyes.

                Their comeback stage being a success, Victoria was walking back to the f(x) waiting room with G-Dragon, who performed ‘Tonight’ with Big Bang. But at the same time, Nichkhun was walking to his waiting room with Minho, one of his closest friends.

                He glared at her and she didn’t return the gaze.

                Once, Nichkhun entered the 2pm waiting room with Minho, he asked his friend for a favor.

                “Hey, Minho, can you just visit the f(x) waiting room, for me? Talk with Victoria and tell me everything she says. Please?”

                Minho groaned. “Fine.” Nichkhun pushed him out the door and waited on the sofa expectantly.

-

                Minho quietly knocked on the door.

                “Noona, are you in there?” Minho called before opening the door. He saw no one, and just as he was about to leave, he saw a leg sticking out of behind the sofa. He ran there and found Victoria sprawled on the floor, panting and her hand clasping her head in pain.

              “Noona, what happened?” Minho helped Victoria up on her feet and placed her on the sofa. “Is something wrong?”

                Victoria didn’t answer. She seemed unfocused and her eyes were wide with bewilderment and shock.

                “Noona?” Minho pressed, worriedly.

                “Ah, I’m fine, Minho,” Victoria smiled, but he could tell it was forced. “I just fell.”

                “I need to tell this to Nichkhun…” Minho muttered to himself as he fretted about Victoria.

                Victoria heard him, and grabbed his hands.

                “Don’t tell him, Minho. It doesn’t matter. I just fell, see?” Victoria told him hurriedly. She sounded as if she was trying to convince herself as well. “I just fell.”

                Minho didn’t say anything.

                “I just fell, Minho,” Victoria started pleading. “Don’t you believe me?”

                “I don’t, noona,” he said softly. “I know there’s something wrong. Why can’t I tell Nichkhun? He deserves to know about this.”

                “Just…please don’t. He doesn’t care, anyways,” Victoria bit her lip.

                Minho paused for a bit.

                “Noona, don’t you love Nichkhun?”

                “Of course I do.” Victoria said softly, her eyes b with tears.

                Minho sighed.

                “Fine, I won’t tell him. But promise me that you’ll at least go to the doctor’s?”

                “I will.”