Chapter 1

I'm in love, there's no way around it.

 

                She loved shopping, but would never spend more than 50 dollars on a spree. She loved dogs, was neutral with cats, but could never take act of the idea to actually take care of one. Her smile could, as corny as it was, could light up a room, or the neighborhood, or the whole city of Korea. Her laugh always made his own lips curl up into a smile. Her personality of always being humble, sweet, adorable, and real made him proud to think that they were actually boyfriend and girlfriend. Secretly.

                Even a few months after their part in ‘We Got Married’ finished, his feelings for her were strong, and so were her to him. But, as the days slowly went by, his heart would sink a bit more. How long could this relationship go for? Sooner or later, someone will find out. We’re rarely with each other, always practicing or having different schedules. His constant worries and his overflowing love for her sometimes made him distant, but Victoria understood.

                But then, suspicions had begun to arouse. Netizens, fans, and non-fans were started to question the possibility that Victoria, from SM f(x), and Nichkhun, from JYP 2pm, were actually dating. Even though both of them saw the articles and the bizarre theories on the internet, Victoria never showed a hint of doubt, or sign, of wanting to break up. She was strong-willed and determined, her love for Nichkhun never fading or changing.

                Nichkhun wavered, though. 2pm would comeback soon, and the members and the manager had said it would be a negative impact on their image. But that wasn’t the full reason. He had seen the overflow of hate and negativity that Victoria had received. Constantly, receiving hate-mail and dislike from his girl fans, but she never said a word. She just grinned cheekily and tried to hold his hand.

                No matter, how much Nichkhun loved Victoria so much he could die, being in love with her hurt her and scarred her and ruined her reputation. He knew what he had to do.

                His heart wrenched the day he secretly visited the f(x) dorm, ringing the doorbell, and clearing his throat. Victoria had opened it, her face lighting up with delight when she saw him in front of the door. She laughed at him, asking him why he was acting so stiff and awkward and deciding it must have been from the cold. When he saw down on the sofa he had sat for so many times, where he had watched the favored dramas that Victoria had adored.  Victoria smoothed out his hair, which was ruffled a bit from the wind, and sat beside him.

                He wanted to say it now, and get it over with. But how could he, when Victoria looked so beautiful today? So he, guiltily, held it in, biting his tongue, the whole time while Victoria innocently entertained him with her homemade Chinese tea and stories of what recently happened with the other f(x) members. When he got up, and said he had to go, he knew, no matter how much he didn’t want to know, that he had to give it to her now.  He walked out of the door, turned around so he was facing Victoria and opened his mouth.

                “It’s over,” he said. His heart felt like it was ripping to pieces and his ears burned. He couldn’t bear to look straight into Victoria’s eyes, but he had to. He needed to look strong, so Victoria would understand and they’d separate in their own ways.

                There was a long silence that felt like it was stretching for eternity. But, finally, Victoria spoke. He was slightly avoiding eye contact, pretending to look in her eyes but trying to look at what was behind her. She moved her hand up, and Nichkhun braced himself for a slap. But instead, her smooth, warm hands cupped his face and she smiled.