Chapter 12

I'm in love, there's no way around it.

 

                Nichkhun was lazing about in the dorm. He had just come back from being a guest star in a variety show, and he was tired of trying to act cute, and happy. He flipped around on his back and stared at the ceiling. He missed Victoria. But at the same time, he was afraid for her.

                He had seen the news of Victoria fainting on Music Bank. He knew she was in the hospital again. He knew she had over-worked again. But he couldn’t get himself to go to her and see her again. He was too weak, now. If he went to Victoria now, and saw her, in the hospital bed and sick, what could he do for her? He couldn’t do anything. Because, they weren’t together anymore.

                Nichkhun knew that Victoria didn’t love him anymore. He could just tell by looking in her eyes. She didn’t want to be with him anymore. And as much as it hurt Nichkhun, he accepted that fact. It was his fault; he blamed himself and no one else.

                A knock from the door broke him from his thoughts. He trudged across the room, and opened it. Minho was there, and without any further greetings, he told Nichkhun everything about Victoria and the promise he just broke.

-

                Victoria smoothed out the letter she had just written, and carefully put it in an envelope. She stared longingly at it and traced the part where she had written ‘To Nichkhun’. She bit her lip and closed her eyes. Arms trembling, she placed it on the desk drawer next to her bed. She opened her eyes, withdrew her arm back to around her knees, and sighed.

                She knew she should send it to Nichkhun. But she couldn’t get herself to. She hated herself for being such a coward and backing out too easily, but she still wouldn’t have the guts to do it. Why? Victoria knew that Nichkhun didn’t love her anymore.  She could just tell by seeing the way he acts, the way he changed. He was trying so hard to forget about her. And as much as it hurt Victoria, she accepted that fact. She blamed herself and herself only.

                Victoria suddenly felt so stuffy in her wide hospital room. She felt like she was being enveloped from the white walls. She felt lonely. She wanted to get out now. Struggling on her legs, she slipped out of the bed, and limped as she walked out the door, closing it behind her with a quiet click before silently walking down the hallway.

-

                Nichkhun drove to the hospital, going past the speed limit, and receiving several complaints from the other drivers. But he could care less. He needed to see Victoria now. It was urgent.

                After driving halfway to the hospital, Nichkhun got impatient. Without thinking, he got out, slammed the door shut and ran the rest of the way. The rain got in his eyes and plastered his brown hair on his forehead. His clothes were getting drenched and in a short time, he was soaked from the heavy rain. But he never stopped running.

                When he finally arrived at the hospital, he ignored the looks from the nurses and patients. Leaving a trail of water behind him, he reached Victoria’s room. He didn’t bother knocking, he just burst into the room. Bewildered, he looked in every direction in the room.

                Victoria wasn’t there.

                Frustrated, Nichkhun was about to leave before he saw a white envelope on her drawer.

                To Nichkhun

                It was for him. From her. His heart skipped a beat as he slipped out the letter, and began to read.