Chapter 11

I'm in love, there's no way around it.

 

                 When Minho walked in the room, the first thing Victoria had asked him was if he had mentioned anything to Nichkhun.

                “No, noona,” Minho said gently as Victoria relaxed on the cot.

                “Good. Thank you, Minho.” Victoria blinked gratefully at him.

                He just nodded in acknowledgement and gave something to her. It was 2pm’s new album. She remembered the day she was planning a surprise lunch event for Nichkhun on the day of his comeback performance of “I’ll be Back’. While waiting, Minho and Victoria had played the game of finding where Nichkhun was.

                “He’s right there,” Victoria said sadly, tracing his face with her finger. She chuckled slightly to herself. “He’s still wearing the brightest clothes. That’s why he stands out most.”

                Minho looked at her expectantly, as if he was waiting for something.

                “Flip back to the ‘Special Thanks’ section,” he urged.

                “No…” she murmured to herself as she warily flipped to that section. Right away, Victoria saw her name.

                                Victoria-shii, always fighting. If you’re having a hard time, just call me… kekeke ^^

                “That stupid idiot. Saying the exact same thing he did a year ago isn’t cool.” Victoria muttered.

-

                Dear Nichkhun,

                                It has been so long, and I’m so sorry. I saw your ‘Special Thanks’ section on your new album. Minho had come to visit me today and had shown me it. I would call you…but my throat isn’t at its best right now so I decided to write to you. A lot of things had happened between you and I that I never will forget. I remember the day we first met, in that 63 building. Remember our love lockets? We never went back there to make sure our love was still protected.

                                I also remember a lot of good memories you gave to me. You brought me to many new places like Thailand and helped me experience new things, like eating fast food in a car. I never had the chance to make it up for you, and I’m so, so sorry for that. But, at the same time, you gave me bad memories. You accidentally calling me Krystal, you dancing too y with a girl in your Busan concert, and you cutting me off while I was telling you a story are only a few out of the many.

                                But that’s alright. Good or bad, the memories you gave me would always be with me, wherever I go, whoever I’m with. They never seem to fade. Just like you. You, Nichkhun, are a charming man, a Thai Prince. We went through thick and thin yet we stuck together. You were always there for me and I tried to always be there for you.

                                Did you know? Only a few days ago, my dad visited me in my dreams. He looked much younger than he used to look like, but he still looks as handsome as ever. He told me all about you, as if you were his own son. it made me jealous for a bit. How could my own dad talk more about than me…in front of me? But then, the more I listened to him, the more I smiled. He really liked you. He just rambled on and on until I woke up. It gave me a happy feeling despite the problems I’ve been hiding for weeks. I’m not telling you what it is, but all I’ll tell you is that it would permanently damage my legs if I kept on using them. And I did. But I don’t regret it.

                                The day you broke up with me, it was as painful for me as me visiting my father’s grave. But, I didn’t want you to see me crying. I didn’t want you to see me weak and sad. It was really hard for me to look at you and not burst into tears. Because I loved you. Loved you so much that I continued to love you, even through the tough times. Nichkhun, I knew the consequences I would receive to be even seen near you. But I couldn’t leave you. I didn’t want to. And now, I find that completely foolish and selfish of myself.

                                I’m sorry for hurting you, whenever I did. I’m sorry for not showing you me crying, not talking to you, or when I yelled at you. I’m also sorry for when I never shed any tears or showed any sign of excitement and of being touched when you did those countless events for me on ‘We Got Married’. But, I’ll just tell you now. I really liked the yacht event. I really, truly did.

                                This was Victoria Song. The girl who loves childish things. The girl who can’t speak Korean well. The girl who loves watching Korean dramas. This was the girl who loved and still loves Nichkhun.

                                                                                                                                Victoria.